Drew University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Drew University

Janelle

I knew when I applied to Drew that the school had a stellar psychology program. That paired with the fact that the campus was small and not far from home made it my first choice! Once I began attending, I was able to find a number of other aspects that made me love the school: I made great friends, encountered fascinating perspectives, and met professors who fed my love of learning. If I can make a suggestion to any student who attends Drew, it's this: find Professor Raul Rosales and take a class of his.

fodie

Small school, nice housing, variety of food, great gym, beautiful surrounding area during spring, great town with lots of stores, and good professors.

shelby

Drew is not a very diverse university as they like to usually say they are, personally as a POC I find it very uncomfortable about how there is hardly people like myself which is very unfortunate. During my first year (2018-2019) racial slurs were plaster on university property which was pretty unbelievable. I believe Drew's academics and small classes would be the only reason for me to stay. Living on campus isn't so bad besides the food in the commons. Its a small-town so there isn't anything super interesting in town, this is why the school really promotes going into the city by train, (be sure to have money if you do decide to go) If you're not into Extracurricular Activities (i.e. sports) you won't really have much to do during the weekdays/weekends, if you're an art kids like me the art club takes long hiatus so be sure to join other clubs to have things to do.

Oren

Drew University is one of the top private institutions in the country because of the reputation of the academics and the community feel of the campus. There are so many opportunities here from connections on campus to connections off campus. Internships are everywhere and the alumni are helpful and are glad to help. The social life and the food could be better but that is something that every college goes through.

Zoe

My overall opinion is incredibly positive. Upon looking at Drew University I knew that it was the college for me. The students, at any grade level, are open to friendships with those in younger grades. The extracurricular activity opportunities are extensively large and allow you to dive into a wide variety of topics that interest you. The faculty are always available for their students and open to help in a number of ways. The social opportunities are also high. Weekends are known for partying or going to support sports games, musical events, or theatre productions. The school is incredibly supportive to all students and open to any person there.

Shadayah

Drew is a very good school academically,the social life can be worked on a little. But if you want a school were the professors genuinely care about you this is the place. The professors always available and it feels like a community. Here it feels like everyone is rooting for you.

Shadayah

Jalyssa

Drew is a very tight knit community, where everyone knows each other. Everyone is willing to help and give advice, so you never have to walk around feeling lost. You will feel right at home in the Forest! The campus is large and beautiful, and looks especially amazing in the autumn.

Melissa

Drew is what you make of it. It's important to establish yourself with your professors and make connections because they can really help you achieve your academic or professional goals. There are so many opportunities to do extraordinary things in and out of the classroom, you just have to take advantage of them.

Christina

For a small school, there are plenty of opportunities! From semesters abroad to local town events, there is something for everyone at this school. The professors really care and are willing to help any student, new or old. Very easy to make friends, everyone is willing to help eachother in times of need. Great school, overall.

Melina

I love this school because it's small and your professors are always available! I recently started college but as a commuter with a part time job, I consider that Drew is an amazing option for me. I love how small classes are and how relatable the professors can be!

Jeehae

Drew University has been incredibly welcoming. There is an diverse group of students here who are all here to become better people and better academics. I feel challenged but never overworked. My professors always let us know that they are available when we need them.

Deja

Drew is stellar academically because most of the professors genuinely care about and know their students. This past year student community and environment has been improving a little bit where people are actually able to find their niche of folks . There are also a lot of international students so theres an opportunity to form friendships with people who live all over the world!

Christina

It is a great small school where the students and staff all know each other

Alexarae

Drew University is a great place if you are here to learn. Academics, especially in the sciences, are taken very seriously. As a STEM major and a pre-med student, I feel as though I have been equally challenged and supported throughout my undergraduate experience. I have developed priceless relationships with faculty that have fostered my success as a student. However, housing and meal options are not the best. Housing needs to be updated and the meal plans are not very accommodating to individuals with food restrictions (allergies, vegans, vegetarians, etc.). The school offers a decent amount of extracurriculars, but we are not a very sports-oriented university. Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at Drew.

Samiyah

Drew is a great school academically and there are a lot of opportunities you can get out of drew. The downside about Drew university Campus is that the res-life tends to not put you with the right group of people to room with and kids constantly have to change the rooms because of that.