Philadelphia, PA
Drexel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Drexel University

Katie

The best thing about Drexel is the co-op program. I haven't gone through it yet but it's the main reason I came here, I want work expe4rience when I graduate. One thing I would change is the ridiculous amount of money it costs to go here, Drexel is SO expensive. My school is the perfect size, for me anyways. Some people go home on the weekends, but since I'm in the city, there's always something to do. Even though many people haven't heard of Drexel, I would have to say we have a lot of school spirit when it comes to things like sporting events and such, which is important to me. There are also a lot of student activites going on constantly. One complaint I have is that freshman are forced to get the most expensive mealplan at the dining hall, and it is definitely an annoyance since the cafeteria isn't that close and the food isn't that great (although there are a lot of choices.

Drexel is extremely diverse. I feel like there is every kind of person here, which is something I like.

These stereotypes are very inaccurate. Drexel is right in the city, who wouldn't love looking out their window to see a city skyline. And while some of the students are rich (like any school) there are people from all economic backgrounds.

All of my professors know my name, but I think that is in part to strong attendance and class participation. I'm still a freshman so I have yet to take any electives. One thing that has got to go is the second term of University 101, a measely one crredit course that helps you get your bearings, it's terrible and a waste of a time slot on your schedule.

I am in greek life so I would have to say that is the most popular thing going on campus. I LOVE being in a sorority and feel that there is one for everyone, but people still have negative impressions of them. Unfortunately, Drexel is way too controlling about Greek life and kind of puts a damper on social events. (LAME) A lot of non-greek girls actuallt go to frat parties, which I think is cool. Last weekend I went to a few bar/clubs that are easy to get into if you know people who work there. There were also a few house parties/frat parties. Off campus there are a lot of great places to shop and go out to eat. Which means I have a job a few blocks a way waitressing to pay for these things.

Some stereotypes about Drexel are that it has an ugly campus and that most of the kids that go here are rich and snobby.

Terry

Best thing about Drexel is the marijuana. One thing I would change is the meal plan price, and all the rediculous involvement with the Democrats. Its a good sized private school. People are impressed when you tell them you go to Drexel, unless of course, they are UPenn grads. Most of my time on campus is in my room. What college town? Drexel's administration is great now, but fraternity and sorority life could be a lot less looked down upon from them. Biggest controversy on campus lately was the girl who got hit by a bus. No one is too proud to go there, but we are not made up of poeple who brag. An unusual thing about drexel is that we spend close to 30k a year for tuition, yet we still have an extremely ugly campus. The experience I will never forget is the quality of the marijuana from freshman year.

One great thing about Drexel is that we are hugely diverse, with intelligent people from each race. This means we all have a great sense of humor when it comes to racial jokes/slurs, which brightens up a lot of our days. Popular people from their highschools would feel out of place here, or big drinkers. Most kids that go here come from wealthy families in the Tristate area. Politics are everywhere at drexel as well with most being Democrats. Students here don't talk about how much they will earn one day, they talk about how much they earn on co-op, and chances are its more than your mom. Co-op price ranges are from 300 - 1300+ per week.

"We will lead" Pi Kappa Phi you know it

There is no doubt our school is comprised of a ton of foreigners. So those stereotypes are accurate, but there are some good looking girls.

Math/Chem/Science Professors can barely speak english. They may know your name, but you definitely cannot pronounce theirs. All the other professors seem great and get great participation from the students. Students seem to focus on studies greatly, and we all have intellectual conversations outside of class. The College of engineering is an extreme challenge and requires hours of studying per night. The academic requirements should definitely get more strict, but since Drexel is trying to grow they are letting pretty much anyone in. The education is geared toward getting a job more than any other school in America.

Basketball, Lacrosse, Crew, Fraternities. I'm in Pi Kappa Phi and we are a Fraternity that stresses the importance of leadership. Girls at drexel are like parking spots, they are either taken, or handicapped. If you are awake on tuesday at 2am you are drunk off your ass and probably going to Abners. People tend to party on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and fraternities are normally the only poeple that can hold large parties. On a saturday night without drinking you can catch up on sleep, or go to old city and watch people get drink. You could also chill with some pretty cool bums.

Nerds, Ugly girls, Indians, Europeans, foreigners, bad faculty

Terry

Not at all! Drexel is not all about engineering, although the program is fantastic. We have an outsatnding college of buisness, education, Law, and a medical school.

That we are all Engineers, and we have no people skills.

Julia

When I tell people I go to Drexel they almost always ask me (usually first) how do I like it. I spend most of my time on campus. Drexel's administration is not something I commonly have interactions with. My department has a person who allows us to go through her with most of our issues regarding classes and scheduling issues. When I have had to deal with the administrators its usually been a long process of waiting for the person to be ready to meet with me regardless of having a meeting or not. Biggest recent controversy is something I wouldn't really know about. I know in the past the whole ordeal with the freshman who stuffed her newborn baby into a gym bag and put it in the trunk of a car. But other than that I'm not sure there are big controversies going around. There is a lot of school pride. We have Pack the Dac which is popular. There are a lot of engingeering events that have been going on recently where the student participation is crazy. Most frequent student complaints are probably homework (!), teachers being too strict with their grades and testing practices, owing wayyyy too much money and finals.

I don't remember any experiences regarding races. I have been to different religious activities on campus. I had friends who were part of the jewish community and was invited for an event at the Newman Center as well as to Penn's campus for a joint UPenn/Drexel dinner. I was also friends with people in AXP (the Catholic Fraternity) and attended events at the Newman Center as well as helped cook for one of their dinner events held there. Students are definitely politacally aware and active!!

For the most part. The stereotypes about women in engineering are becoming less and less true. However there are more and more women who still prove that that is a real stereotype.

The professors in my major know my name. I am in a small department (MatE) which doesn't have a large amount of students and professors. I think my least favorite class was freshman calculus with Jim Donnelly. He tried to think he was being ingenius by using PowerPoint to do calculus... which doesn't really work. He would turn off all of the lights in the lecture hall and expect people to stay awake and take notes in the dark. So to offset everyone falling asleep he tried to make obnoxious sound effects when changing slides occurred which were extreemly loud and annoying. They would abruptly wake up the soundest of sleepers. A favorite class of mine was ballroom dancing and advanced ballroom dancing. I know a lot of students who study frequently. I'm in my senior year and doing just abotu the bare minimum of work to pass because I've been here for 7 years and I'm done with school at this point. Class participation in my major is mandatory. You can't get away with not saying something when there are only 10-20 students in every one of your classes. I do believe we have intellectual conversations outside of class. There are a lot of conversations about elections and the most recent polls going on currently. With such a small major students are definitely competitive. Our professors usually only give out a small amount of A's. So to get that A, it is sometimes very hard to succeed in the courses without having some type of competitiveness within you. I think the most unique class I've taken was an Honors class on American cooking over time. We learned about different times throughout the years of America's kitchens. Each week we would be recreating a meal from that timeframe with traditional ingredients and sometimes cooking methods. The culminating event was a presentation given by each person on a specific topic. We had a few students with international backgrounds and they ended up preparing some of their international delights for everyone to share. I think Drexel is geared twoards getting a job. I am a Materials Science and Engineering major who has been taking classes in the Education department to help aid in acquiring my Masters in the Science of Teaching as well as my secondary mathematics certification to teach. My major is very small. The classes are very close knit. Everyone usually knows everyone else. We do converse with the professors outside of class. Currently I have been frequently visiting my senior design coordinator getting his aid on our project. He is skilled in electrical work and my project was having electrical issues which he is helping us resolve.

Fraternities are the most popular guy groups. Sororities flock the females who are conformists. If I am awake at 2am on a Tuesday I am working on a paper or assignment that is probably due first thing Wednesday morning or coming back from the bar. Engineers Week happens every year and they have a massive career fair. Sororities are important if you want to find a good close niche of girlfriends. Fraternities have their niches as well but they are much more abundant. Last weekend I stayed in for the majority of the weekend relaxing and gearing up for the last 2 weeks of class. On campus they have movie night. I haven't ever been to one but I know they have it. Off campus... I go to bars, a modeling and acting school and events with them, I visit my boyfriends family as well as my family, I golf off campus. I spend almost every day off campus during the summer months. There isn't anything really significant over the summer going on. Even though there are classes, they aren't very fun when it's soo hot in the city and I can be poolside sipping cocktails every day all day long either at home or in Florida.

We're not as rich as UPenn students. If you are female you probably are in the College of Media Arts and Design. If you are an unkempt, ugly female you are most likely an engineer.

The best things about Drexel are the Co-Op program and being IN Philadelphia. If I could change anything I would add football since that seems to always be a way to increase school spirit and the tuition is ridiculously high for what it is. I feel the size is great, its perfect for me. I know people, but not everyone. When I tell people I go to Drexel I usually get a "So you're an engineering major?" followed by "thats a rigorous engineering program." I usually spend most of my time on campus in North where most of my friends and myself live. I also spend a good time in class...lol, usually in one of the engineering buildings or friends live a few blocks away from campus where I spend a lot of time as well. I wouldn't say Drexel is a "college town" because it is in Philadelphia which is a major city. You feel like you're in a city not really even on a college campus at times. I like it that way though. I went to a school with a real campus and really did not enjoy it. Even with the schools around it I wouldn't call it a college town, just a school in a major city. Drexel administration has been great for me. They have never messed up my billing and when I transferred back here (I transferred in and out) they really helped me to get back on track and get back into the swing of things. I cannot really think of any controversies on campus. There is a lot of school pride. I am a member of the DAC Pack, the school's spirit team for mainly basketball and I love it. Most people have school pride. Drexel is unusual because of the quarter system as opposed to the semester system, some people hate it, I love it because classes go by quicker and you take more different courses. It is challenging to keep up sometimes though. I think being in West Philly is unusual also, but I love not being constrained by a campus setting or boundaries. You really need common sense to ensure safety. My greatest experience at Drexel was moving into the Engineering Learning Community in Myers Hall. We really became great friends almost like family. We ate together, hung out together, spent our weekends together, took trips together, lived together, and studied together...everything. Although we are spread out now, we still all are great friends and do a lot together. The most frequent complaints from students are definitely tuition, its really pricey here.

I feel like its impossible to be "out of place" at Drexel. There are student organizations for anything you can imagine and if there isn't you can create it fairly easily. This isn't high school anymore and most people get along. Some students wear their pajamas to class or dress very casually, there are some people that go to class in their work clothes because they're on co-op, some that do research in between classes and come to class in labcoats and there are others that look like they came out of Vogue. Another thing I like about Drexel is even with the large amounts of Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania residents, there are people from everywhere. I know people from South Korea, Michigan, Alaska, Nevada, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, California, Florida, and France. Those are just people that I know personally. People are also all from different financial backgrounds. There are people here that are loaded but there are also people here that rely on large school granted scholarships and student loans to be here also. Students are politically aware for the most part, especially with the recent presidential debates held at Drexel. People tend to be more left, although there are also a large amount of more right leaned people and moderates. Students always talk about how much they'll earn, hence theres a facebook group called "I go to Drexel so I'll be making more money than you." I think it just shows that people feel with their 1-3 co-op cycles, the available research, and the value of a Drexel degree that they have confidence is procuring a job in the future that pays well.

I would say the first one tends to be true in most cases. The second I would say is not true, although some are, most are not. The third is definitely true and for proof if you go on ABC channel's website for this region you can see a map of crime for the city and you will see Drexel's campus to be clear. (North Philly and West Philly had very similar crime reports for last year) I think physical attractiveness is up to each individual.

Some professors know my name, some do not. It depends on the subject and how the course is divided (recitations, lectures, labs, etc.). It also depends on the professor. Some professors for Biomedical Engineering courses refuse to know names as to grade as fair as possible. Others you will only know if you use their office hours. Others, will learn your name. Most of the TAs will definitely know your name. My favorite class has been CHEM 101 because they really do a lot to assist you. They are awesome professors to begin with, but they also give tons of mock exams, run review sessions, and have online problems to do. My least favorite class has been ENGR 210 (Thermodynamics) because my professor is extremely picky over format and the way a student does each problem. He tends to be kind of arrogant and a know it all as well. I would say that most students here with the exception of Pre-Med students are not very competitive, although there are few Business majors that are very competitive too, most are not. My major is Biomedical Engineering and with that you have to choose a concentration. I chose Biomedical Systems and Imaging because I enjoy more electrical and non-biology things. You have to get a C in every class within Biomedical Engineering. If you're more of a biology person you can also concentration in Neuroengineering or Tissue Engineering. If you enjoy more of the mechanical aspects you can concentrate in Biomechanics. Drexel's academic requirements for the engineering majors is challenging and most semesters will require you to take the maximum amount of credits, 20. However, the co-op and even the courses gear you toward getting a job. The opportunities are endless after graduating from here.

The most popular groups on campus are the Campus Activities Board, FUSE, USGA, Greek Life, and Weekend Warriors. Usually they do the most on campus. Personally, I'm not involved with any of the larger organizations I just listed. I have joined the DAC Pack to show my school spirit. and am involved in a few engineering organizations. I am interested in possibly getting involved with Greek Life. Men's basketball and lacrosse tend to be our most popular sports although our woman's team has gained momentum recently because of a great season. The most social and interacting residence halls are definitely the traditional style with the community bathrooms. Personally in Myers, we always left our doors open and were always interacting with one another. When I moved into North, a suite style, our doors are almost always closed and people barely interact with one another. This is the same in Caneris. Although there is a similar situation in the Race Street Residence, because they are freshmen, they have less social interaction and less doors open then the other freshman halls, but have more interaction than North or Caneris. By leaving my door open in Myers and always be with my hall in a learning community I made my closest friends and we're still all close even after a year of not living near each other. In Myers at 2am on a Tuesday we would probably be watching a hallway movie, just hanging out, or all studying together in one of the study lounges. There are many traditions and events that happen annually. One of the most well known is the Philly Kick Off festival in the fall quarter. Its for all of the Philly colleges and it usually has a few big name bands. In the spring quarter, we have our SpringJam where we've had Jack's Mannequin, New Found Glory, and the Roots play. Each year there is a beautiful formal dance called the Crystal Ball which happens each February. Greek Life celebrates Greek Week towards the end of the spring quarter, which is full of fun and funny events. Its college and people do party, but not really on campus. Most parties occur in apartments and houses off of campus. The people that do party consistently usually keep it to Thursday nights, Friday nights, and Saturday nights though. If you're not a party person, you don't have to be bored. Sometimes we stay in and watch movies since our school has provided us with big screen televisions in the lounges of the residence halls. Also, we get discounted tickets for various shows, events, exhibits, concerts, etc. CAB will often hold movie nights or hold weekend trips, along with Weekend Warriors. Plus, you are in Philadelphia, you can do almost anything. You can go shopping, you can walk down South Street or go towards Penns Landing, you can go to Dave and Busters, you can take a bus to King of Prussia mall or the IMAX movie theater there, we have tons and tons of major museums such as the Art museum or the Franklin Insitute, there's the Philaldephia zoo, places to bowl, thousands of restaurants, clubs etc. Sororities and Fraternities are present but not overbearing and there is no pressure to join. They usually do a lot of community service activities and hold different events around campus.

The engineering students are typically stereotyped as hardworking and they tend to look down on the Arts & Media students. However, the Arts & Media students tend to look down on the engineering students and are known for being slightly obnoxious with complaining about their workload. Before attending I heard that the Arts & Media students were very "scene." I've always heard that Drexel security is way better than Temple's. I've also heard from both sexes that there were no attractive members of the opposite sex.

Carson

One thing I would change about Drexel is security. It needs to be made more safe; I know one girl who was mugged just outside my dorm building. I like the size of the school. People react positively when I tell them I go to Drexel. I spend most of my time on campus in the Honors Lounge or in class. There's a lot to do in the city; this is definitely an ideal place for a university. Drexel's administration is more focused on expanding right now than anything else; there are constant changes and construction going on. The biggest recent controversy on campus was regarding a girl who got hit by a bus on 32nd and Market Sts. There is some school pride; but it isn't very prevalent. The basketball games are rarely full. However the people who do show up are hardcore fans.

Racially, there are a lot of extracurricular clubs. There are clubs for Indians, Latinos, Filipinos, African Americans, etc. There are also religious organizations such as Campus Crusades for Christ and Islamic Society. No student should feel out of place if you can find at least one club you identify with. Most students wear jeans and a sweatshirt to class. Different types of students often interact in the classroom setting, but in the social setting, things seem to be more segregated. Most students are from the tri-state area, but there are a lot from other places as well. I know people from California, Arizona, Texas, and Georgia to name a few. Financial backgrounds are usually middle class or wealthy. Students often speak of potential income.

Not really. While many people dress sloppily, you can always find students dressed to impress on campus. Politically, it is easy to get students rallied for a particular event, such as when the Democratic candidates visited for a debate this past year. There were many Democrats at the event, indicating that students are not as conservative as the stereotype might state. Also, not all Drexel students are incredibly wealthy; however, some are. Many students are here with financial aid.

Small class professors know my name, but teachers of large lectures don't know who I am. Usually this translates to humanities teachers knowing who I am, but most science teachers have no idea. My favorite class was Creative Writing with Lynn Levin because it was generally fun. My least favorite class was Cellular Biology with Elizabeth Gardner - her tests come out of nowhere and do not cover the material she claims they do. Students here study a lot (at least in the biology department, not so much in the arts or humanities). Class participation is common in smaller classes. Students here do have intellectual discussions outside class in extracurricular settings etc. Students are very competitive in biology. The most unique class I've taken was regarding stem cell research. It explored the science and frontier associated with stem cells. The biology department at Drexel is pretty good; there's loads of electives to choose from. The professors are pretty good too. I don't spend much time with professors outside class. Drexel's learning style is geared toward getting a job, especially when coupled with the co-op program.

A popular group is Habitat for Humanity. Another is VOICE. Sierra Club is a bit smaller but quickly growing as it is under new leadership now. Students in dorms mostly leave their doors open; it's a friendly environment. Athletic events are somewhat popular, but not to the degree they are at bigger schools. I've been to a few lectures by guest speakers; some are very entertaining/informing, while others are kind of boring. It's the luck of the draw. There's a lot of dating here. I met my closest friends through orientation and the first day of class. I met a lot of my other friends at Mokas, a hookah bar that is now closed down. It's not hard to find a party in Philly any night of the week, but if you want to study, there are plenty of good environments for that too. There's a lot to do that doesn't involve drinking - I personally never drink. I like the nightlife in Philly - clubbing etc. I also love the shopping areas, Old City has really nice restaurants. There's a lot of plays and shows the Honors College gets you in for free (or CAB gets you in for a reduced cost).

They're messy, apathetic. They are politically conservative. They are very wealthy.

bud

Drexel's good point? It's co op program. It's the right size. Ppl think you're not that smart if u go to Drexel. I'd change group projects. It's been my experience that most TA's or professors give out group projects. You can not control what others due and their participation and it hurts your GPA. Party school. Had trouble with their financial aide ppl...they were not helpful or knowledgeable (i have a grant they said i do but i don't...wtf does that mean?). Not too much school pride. No football team. Ugly campus.

While diverse most racial/religous groups stay within their group. If you are from the suburban midwest or south and are not used to being around ppl of different races then drexel is not for u. It's not that u won't be accepted it's that you might feel uncomfortable if you're not open to it. While i feel basically safe at Drexel, it is in a bad neighborhood so some ppl might not feel safe. It's made up of many commuters. While the location is convenient to public transportation, Drexel segregates commuters. There are different activites and programs for them. It doesn't seem like they are welcome.

Drexel used to hold some clout, but it has gone downhill. Classes are taught by TA's. Classes are canceled a lot. Too many group projects. Too many bs courses that aren't necessary. Not enough to do on campus. No green spaces to just go and chill. Bad neighborhood.

Some professors do. Engineering (cause it's more hands on). Least favorite...would be university...it's a bs course and a waste of time. Most classes work on group projects and your grade depends on that. If you want good grades go someplace else because u cannot control other peoples participation and most are happy to let someone else do all the work and don't care about their grades. Drexel takes anyone and on top of that gives them scholarships and grants. Being in honors is no different than being in the generic system. I'm not actually sure which it's geared toward. Yes, it has a co op program that sounds fantastic, but you also forfeit vacations. Yes, it offers you the opportunity to get your master's degree in 5 yrs, but do outside companies see that as a REAL master's degree or just what drexel is calling a master's? Just being in the co op does not guarantee someone a job for life.

It's a party school....'cause there's nothing else to do. The DAC runs some good events but not enough...and the hours that the DAC office is open to purchase tickets is not convenient to those of us who actually attend class. There's not much to do on campus other than party....so many go over to University of Pennsylvania's campus for fun (ice skating, restaurants, etc).

Drexel is not up to par with other colleges. They let everyone in their honors program. It's a party school. Bad neighborhood.

Jordan

The best thing about Drexel is that it is an already respected university, ranked 108th in the country, and it is also climbing in the rankings and continuing to improve in every way. It is fun to watch things around you getting better and better. One thing that I would change is to focus some of the sooner infrastructure improvements on student life issues, such as outdoor recreation, retail, and housing, rather than on academics. The northern part of the campus has been improving quite as quickly as the rest. The school is just right. It is large with 20,000 students, but it feels like a small school because many students are commuters and many are on co-op, so you see the same people every day. Most people are impressed when they hear I go to Drexel. Some who are not familiar with the city will judge it based on what they hear on the news or on "Fresh Prince of Bell Air", but that is bound to happen with people who don't give cities a chance. I spend most of my time in a lab that I work in. There are plenty of opportunities to work on campus, even doing research within your own major, as undergraduates. This is a great opportunity. Philadelphia IS a college town, with 80+ colleges, and West Philadelphia has Drexel and University of Pennsylvania right next to each other and is called University City. Many people hate Drexel's administration and complain of red tape, but I have never experienced it, which is weird because most complain about the financial aid office but I have plenty of financial aid and have never had problems dealing with them. One thing that is frustrating and that the bursar's office and financial aid office don't work together as closely as they should. Recently there was a student who was arrested for identity theft. She and a boyfriend from University of Pennsylvania moved into a Center City Philadelphia condo and stole people's identities. The story had little to do with Drexel except that she happen to go here, but it was a pretty high profile story. The amount of school pride isn't as high as I would have hoped, but it is definitely growing, and rallying around our sport's teams is what is starting it. Drexel also hosted a Democratic Debate in Oct. 2007 and and in Jan. 2008 the Olympic table tennis tournament for the U.S., two things that students can pride themselves in. Also, as the campus aesthetics improve, students are becoming more and more proud. Students are rallying for change in all of aspects of the university like I've never seen before and it is bringing plenty of positive change. I think Drexel is unique with its location being close to Center City and walkable and also next to University of Pennsylvania. Most frequent student complaint is probably the administration, but I believe even that is improving, and I've never had any issues personally.

There are plenty of different groups on campus in all of these categories, and many fraternities and sororities on campus. It is impossible to not find a group that you would be interested in joining. I don't think many students would feel out of place because of the "kind" of student they are. I do think you need to be very mature though or the "launch" into the real world that Drexel gives you can be scary. Students wear a wide range of clothing. Some dress up, some dress normal, and some wear sweatpants or pajamas to class. Most students are traditionally from PA, DE, and NJ, but this dramatically changing and students are coming from all the states and other countries. Drexel was founded on the principle of allowing low and middle class people get an education, and that hasn't changed. A large chunk of Drexel's students are on heavy financial aid. The financial backgrounds have a wide range and are pretty well distributed. Students constantly talk about how much they will earn one day because Drexel is geared towards getting a job.

I think all of these stereotypes used to be true, and some are to an extent, but they are dwindling. For example, it is still mainly an engineering school, with 1% of the engineers that graduate every year in the U.S. coming from Drexel. However, its Business college (LeBow) has really developed into a strong and integral part of the school. The campus is on the small side and it used to be horribly ugly, but it is turning around. Drexel has poured $500 million into infrastructure changes and built almost a building every year in the last 5 or so years. In the next five years there are 10 new buildings/additions planned. There was a high male-to-female ratio, but the gap is closing and is expected to be 50-50 in the next 5-10 years. Some students are pessimistic, but that is because with no more summers off and having to immediately jump into the real world with co-op and having to find an off-campus apartment and pay utilities, etc., students have to mature quickly and some of them just aren't ready for it. If students don't make friends and find things to do or get involved with in Philadelphia or on campus, Drexel can be a very lonely place.

Most professors know my name. In your freshman year, some of the very general classes are big (Chemistry 101, etc.), but after that, all of my classes have been very small, 10-20 students. Favorite classes are my specialized computer science classes, and my least favorite was Calculus. Students study fairly often. The library is always packed and students asked for a 24/7 place on campus to study and Drexel just renovated a wing of the library to be 24/7 and it has a food cafe. There are many organizations such as the Drexel Democrats and Republicans who hold intelligent debates off campus, etc. I think students are competitive with themselves, but I do not feel a lot of competition against other students, which is really nice. My major is Computer Science. The department is really nice and my advisors have been very good to me. I've been able to get close to a lot of my professors and I also have a job through the department in one of their labs, and it pays very well and I can make my own hours. I do not spend time with professors outside of class, except in my job at the lab. Drexel's education is definitely geared towards getting a job with the co-op system. When you tour Drexel the first thing they show you is where you will work on co-op, the percentages of students who graduate with a job, the percentages of students who work for a former co-op after graduation, and your starting salaries. The school is very geared towards getting a job and I think that is unique and very good.

Most popular clubs, teams: Dac Pack and the men's basketball team. I am involved with the Triangle, the student newspaper for the university. It is fun and basically like writing for a real newspaper. Students in their dorms do leave their doors open in my experience. Athletic events and theaters are popular, and not only does Drexel have this, but Philadelphia has many theaters and professional sports teams to follow. Center City has over 500 restaurants to eat at, so there is plenty of places to go on a date. 2am on a Tuesday: Going to a party or out at a club or bar in Center City. There are plenty of parties if you know where to look. Fraternities are sororities are a big part of Drexel. There are many different ones and their houses are actual houses so the people that get to live there are limited and exclusive, but they throw a lot of parties to compensate. On the weekends there is plenty of do at school or in the city, whether it is sporting events, things at the PA Convention Center, restaurants, etc.

Stereotypes about Drexel are that it is mainly an engineering school and that it has a small and ugly campus. Stereotypes about Drexel students include that there is a high male-to-female ratio and that students are very pessimistic.

Jim

One thing I'd change is the food service at Drexel. It's greasy, expensive, and inconvenient. If you can't make it to the dining center for a grilled cheese or some soggy chicken breast, you can head over to Kelly Deli or Ross Commons for more quesadillas, burgers, fries, or pizza. Vegetables? Fruit? Oh, they have some fruit...but it'll cost more than that double cheeseburger with bacon. I'm not sure how it works at every other school, but at Drexel, all of the administrators get to be Senior Interim Associate Directors of something. I'm really not sure what some of the higher up Administrators do…I know our President is probably on campus only a few days a month (if that). We send him to India and to California so much (on the student's dime), that they actually just hired a "Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff. Seriously, can I just have someone answer a phone call when I call the main office or someone to help me process my transcript request? Greek Life at Drexel is probably the best thing to have ever happened to me. I've found a great group of guys to call my brothers for life, but besides that, I've networked for jobs, developed great public speaking and time management skills, and enjoyed college life.

Most students are from the tri-state area.

We need a new president. One who is actually on campus once and a while and who cares about students--not just about making money off of us. Once you get in, you can't get out of Drexel. They're going to set me up to be very successful, but they're also going to take all of my money along the way.

No, Drexel is unlike any school I know of because they put together a wide range of students...from top scholars all the way down to other individuals who may not make the best numbers but will have a promising future. And, as everyone knows, people always see the bad, not the good.

I don't have anything to comapre our academics to because i'm sure it's the same as any other school--you can put in as much work as you want. There are the kids that have 2.0's and don't put in the work, but people can have a 3.6 and be successful as well. The college of business has hired some experienced and great professionals to teach. I'd say the education at Drexel, mixed with the coop, is geared towards getting a job. Don't come to drexel just to go to college--come becuase you want to do something with your life.

Greek Life and the DAC pack are the two most popular groups on campus. Students in the dorms definately leave their doors open and are very willing to meet new people. The dating scene is terrible. Greek life is pretty much one of the most important things on this campus (in relation to Drexel Activities). The greeks are involved all across campus and dominate every aspect of college life. They are the RA's, presidents of student orgs, work studys, student staff memebers, and involved all across campus.

Drexel just has this wonderful feeling when you step on campus. That's what made me decide to go there. It has a great sense of community, the people really make the school. I am on campus just about all day because I work on campus also. I really couldn't imagine going anywhere else. Plus, Philly is great especially University City because there are so many student in the same area as Drexel.

Drexel has a very diverse population. I do not believe that any kind of student would feel out of place at Drexel. I believe that there is a niche for anyone. Student here are really motivated and you can tell that by talking to anyone. And because the student body is so motivated it help you to keep your own motivation. I think a lot of students are politically aware. Drexel held the Democratic debate and it was unbelievable to see the school come together as much as it did.

Professors are honestly my favorite part about Drexel. I have become very close to many professors and think they truly want you to succeed. Drexel academics is very unlike many other Universities. Drexel's academics gears towards your major, you do not take classes that you will not need and there is a lot of hands on learning which will help you once you enter the work force. All professors have so much work experience and many of them are still working in their field that you receive a lot o up to date information that you cannot find in a text book.

I think the dorms makes your freshman year. I no longer live on campus, but it was one of the best things I have ever experienced. Everyone leaves there doors open and its a great community, especially when it's hard to be away from home. For example, one night freshman year I was pulling an all nighter to finish a project for class and two other students on my floor stayed up with me all night to help motivate me and made me coffee and just hung out. Your fellow classmates want you to succeed. There are like over 180 clubs on campus, plus you have the entire city of Philadelphia. There is so much to do that isn't partying it's unbelievable. There are fraternities and sororities on campus and you can be involved in them, however it is not a school where you have to be. A ton of students go out to our basketball games, our biggest student enthusiasts for sports are called the DAC pack and it has over a thousand students that are involved. Most students here love Drexel and really enjoy getting involved into on camps.

Drexel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.