Drexel University Top Questions

What are your classes like?

Classes are very practical at Drexel. You begin your coursework in introductory courses to lay the foundation for higher-level classes. The engineering major, for example, spends the entire first year in introductory courses to Science, Math, English, and Engineering. These classes were often in large auditoriums to deal with the large class size. I feel that these classes were somewhat overwhelming because of all the students, but the University needs to allow all of their students to take these classes, and I still feel I was able to learn in them. After the first year or so, you begin to get into your upper-level classes, which are more focused on your major. This is where you really get to know those who share your major, and this is a good thing, because it will help you to do better in your classes. These classes are much smaller in size, and it is easier to focus during a lecture. Plus, you'll probably be more interested in your classes, because they are focused on what you want to learn about. Classes aren't that difficult, but you are definitely learning things that you've never encountered before. You need to put in the work required of you. If you do, you will do well. It also helps that Drexel has professors who are dedicated and excel at teaching. I enjoy classes at Drexel. I believe they are conducted well.

As a design major, most of my classes are 3 hour studios that are half lecture, half work in class. About 12 students/class.