Drexel University

« See more reviews of Drexel University

Whenever my friends ask me about Drexel, I always tell them about our rankings. I will usually say that Drexel is 86th in the nation; it is the "Best National Universities-Top Schools" according to U.S. News & World Report in its annual "America's Best Colleges". I will also tell people about our co-op program. A plethora of people often got jobs from fortune 500 companies, and they love it. Furthermore, I inform my friends in Maryland about our small lecture classrooms, and how are main campus is located in the heart of Philadelphia!!

I brag most about our internship (co-op) program. Even though my course of study will take an extra year to complete, I will graduate with a year and a half of full time work experience from as many as three different places. And being in a city, there are more than enough places to choose for work, regardless of what major you're in. If you don't want to work in Philadelphia, New York City and Washington D.C. are long but managable commutes. You can also complete your internship any where in the country or abroad.

Drexel's co-op program is definitely what I brag regarding my school. This program is what brought me to Drexel and is a main reason why I am so happy with the university. My co-op experiences have been greater then I could have imagined. Getting full-time work experience while in college is providing me not only with an edge when I graduate, but it also helps to guide me in what I want to do the future. Through the valuable work experience I have gained, I can better determine where I want to go in the future.

When I tell my friends about Drexel, I always end up bragging about the unique events that we are able to attend. This includes a variety of different offerings from free movie screenings/Q and A's with producers, directors, and actors to lectures and seminars led by creative industry professionals. As a student studying in the Television Production and Media Management program, I find these experiences to be exciting and entertaining as well as very valuable to my intended career field.

I am a television production major, and while I don't really brag, I enjoy telling people how hands-on my courses are. Most of my freshman friends in other colleges have been limited to core curriculum courses for their freshman and sophomore years. People who I know with the same major at different schools have yet to touch a camera. I was checking out sound and video equipment from the film and video supply room every week for class projects. My friends have been a little envious.

The thing that I most brag about when I tell my friends about Drexel University is the education. The teachers at this school are very knowledgable in the field that they are teaching. They are also hands on with one on one attention toward the students. They make time for their students after class, through email, and even inviting the students to come to their office for the extra help. This is what I brag on about Drexel University.

In my opinion, there isn't much to brag about. On campus housing is so expensive that most students are forced off campus after their second year and the surrounding neighborhoods are very dangerous around the university due to the fact that Drexel is in the heart of West Philadelphia. Also, there is relatively no school spirit. Not many people attend sporting events however partying is the school's most popular sport.

It has given me the best benefit over the graduation competition. The co-op program ensures you will have a competitive edge by already having real-world job experience which other graduate students have a hard time finding. The quarter system is rigorous, but it helps keep you on your toes and the ability to organize your time and work with the fun you want makes you capable in the real world.

Drexel is known for it's co-op program, which is where students work full-time for six months and then go to class for six months. Students can choose to do no co-ops, one co-op cycle, or three co-op cycles. This program is very beneficial to students because it gives them real-world experience, allows them to network in their field, and most of the co-ops are paid positions.

The access to the equipment I need to do projects and all the places there are to study. I also like the fact that it is in a city so it is easy to get around, and all the things I need are in walking distance. The school is also making major renovations, so when the construction is done the campus is going to look amazing.