Drexel University

« See more reviews of Drexel University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

The engineering students are typically stereotyped as hardworking and they tend to look down on the Arts & Media students. However, the Arts & Media students tend to look down on the engineering students and are known for being slightly obnoxious with complaining about their workload. Before attending I heard that the Arts & Media students were very "scene." I've always heard that Drexel security is way better than Temple's. I've also heard from both sexes that there were no attractive members of the opposite sex.

Drexel students are nerdy. DU engineers are not your typical engineers, that is to say, they do a lot of non-science "stuff" outside their engineering curricula. The engineers here also tend to be very approachable and non-arrogant. Drexel students are masters of working under pressure and often missing out on weekend activities to work on school related materials.

Stereotypes about Drexel are that it is mainly an engineering school and that it has a small and ugly campus. Stereotypes about Drexel students include that there is a high male-to-female ratio and that students are very pessimistic.

We're not as rich as UPenn students. If you are female you probably are in the College of Media Arts and Design. If you are an unkempt, ugly female you are most likely an engineer.

Drexel students are sometimes seen as the students that "couldn't" make it into Ivy League schools. Sometimes people also consider us the "nerds" of the college world.

Drexel is not up to par with other colleges. They let everyone in their honors program. It's a party school. Bad neighborhood.

Some stereotypes about Drexel are that it has an ugly campus and that most of the kids that go here are rich and snobby.

That we're all engineers. Or like engineering. Or at least started out as engineers.

They're messy, apathetic. They are politically conservative. They are very wealthy.

Nerds, Ugly girls, Indians, Europeans, foreigners, bad faculty