Drexel University

« See more reviews of Drexel University

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

The stereotype of most Drexel students is the Engineer that is too cool for school. I admit this stereotype because when I was looking to attend Drexel that is what I picked up on from almost every person I met. Drexel students do have an upper hand in their education and job opportunities and after a few years here I believe this mentality rubs off on the entire Drexel population. I say the Engineer because many people still view Drexel as an Engineering school, but in reality that is not the case. There are people here that have majors I have never even heard of, or that to me, don't even really exist. Everyone at Drexel thinks they are too cool for school, but in reality that is a mask for how miserable to students are after week 8 each term.

Many times when people think about Drexel University, they tend to think of engineering students. This is no longer the case because we have a wide variety of colleges and majors. Since we are on the 10 week quarter system, the students at Drexel are very hardworking. Also, many students are go-getters because the co-op program is very competitive.

That the enineering students are too cool for school. I don't see that sterotype as being true, I think their I'n a world of their own.Lol

Since most of Drexel students are engineers, they are a nerd! However, they have their nerd side as well as fun side..

none that I know of