Drexel University

« See more reviews of Drexel University

An individual that exemplifies: ambition; dedication; loyalty, motivation; dedication; a positive attitude; leadership; sportsmanship; trustworthiness; compassion towards others (regardless of race/ creed or color); courteousness towards peers and faculty members; a willingness to learn; not hesitant to ask professor(s)questions if they are puzzled about a particular course concept; passionate about learning; passionate about their future; cooperate with students and faculty members in a respectable fashion; proficiency in the English language; capable of writing grammatically correct sentences; strong math skills; competent in completing work on time; capable of accepting constructive criticism from professors.

A person who is not pretentious and wishes to attend a realistic, modern, urban school. Additionally, anyone who is looking for a bright, new look will be impressed by Drexel's panoply of newly constructed buildings. Those from a rural setting will be thoroughly educated by the diversity of a large cultural mecca. Those that are more career focused opposed to interest in academia will also prefer Drexel due to its career fairs, company recruitment, and well-renowned co-op program. Students that have a strong committment to the environment will also be pleased with many of Drexel's policies.

If you are someone who genuinely enjoys learning and you have an innate curiosity about why things work, then Drexel is for you. If you are only interested in if someone you know is having a party on a Wednesday night, then attend some other university. Your priorities need to be straight; school first, then extracurricular activities and your social life. If you are dedicated to self-improvement, and want to get as much as you can out of your degree, you will find Drexel to be a place of great opportunities and scholastic excitement.

Overall the students should be career oriented, but can fall into one of two categories. One, if a student knows what industry they want to work in but is unsure of what to do, Drexel's co-op program would be great for them. If enrolled in the three co-op program, students have three six month terms to experiment with different jobs in the industry they like. The second type would be students who have a good idea of what they want to do and can then focus their co-ops on gaining valuable experience and networking opportunities.

A person who likes to give back to the community of Philadelphia, who doesnt mind sometimes being isolated from the social atmosphere and would like to focus on school and become closer with thier professors. Also a person who has great time-management and a great work ethic or wants to gain work experience in thier choosen field. Moreover, a person should attend Drexel University if they like urban, fast-paced, and an easily navigated environment surrounded by great businesses, hospitals, and teaching institutions.

The kind of person that should attend Drexel University is a person that is not afraid of learning alot at a fast pace. They should be willing to get hands on experience and they should not be afraid to jump right into their profession to get real job learning experience. The people who attend drexel have to be willing and able to think of ideas on their own and apply these ideas in the classroom. My school is for people who want to actually experience being what they're learning to be while they are in school.

The kind of person that should attend this school is the type of person that works hard and likes working hard. Someone who can think for themselves and know what they want to do in life. Also, someone who can handle the fast pace of the classes because Drexel is on a quarter system, so we change courses four times a year, not just twice like at semester colleges. You should also not mind not having a summer vacation, we go to school all year round.

Driven students should attend Drexel. Drexel is a year round school that switches between work and school, and it does so very fast. It is not the kid of school for people that want to party all the time, a good amount of your time will be spent studying. It is also geared to people who want to make sure they are choosing the right career. The Co-Op program ensures this by having students work in acutal jobs for 6 months at a time.

Drexel University is an engineer oriented school. They have one of the best engineering institutes in the country. Nonetheless, DU is a highly diverse university accademically. I am highly satisfied with the knowledge I've aquired attending Drexel University's School Of Education. I believe anybody who want to evolve as a person. I believe Drexel University has helped me grow accademically and individually.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is able to focus on their school work while still being able to have a good time. I had many friends that lost control and were not able to handle growing up. With more freedom came more responsiblity. As thier social lives florished thier academics did not. They struggled to maintain their grades and when that did not work they gave up.