Drexel University

« See more reviews of Drexel University

Drexel University is dividided into specific schools within the University: engineering school, college of media arts and design, culinary school, etcetera. The terms are also divided into trimesters. For the sake of making a productive transition with ease into furthering education, be certain of your interests. To have a focus is your best bet because the program moves quickly and the terms do the same. I't's my second term here and students dropped out or transfered because of the fast-paced academics/socialization within the city of Philadelphia and the zone of University City.

If you are unable to strike a balence between bieng open-minded and strong-willed, should not attend drexel. Drexel is a school that contains students from many places around the country and across the globe. This diversity in student origins leads to a diversity in values and schools of thought. Most of the students are highly accepting of the ideas of others so you must be open minded. However, if you are not confident in your own beliefs, you can very easily lose sight of lose sight of the values that got you here in the first place.

Drexel is known for its ten week quarters so the tempo is fairly rapid. A lazy student would struggle to keep up with the workload and therefore would fall behind instantly. A student that has a hard time understanding concepts or can't grasp information that is fed to them will also fall through the pressure. Lastly, a student who is really undecided at this point in their life should make a quick decision if they plan on staying because freshman year starts to shape up their college careers behind the crowd.

Drexel is not the school for someone who needs thier hand held through their education. It is a large school; if you are having a problem you need to solve it or find someone who can. It is also not the school for someone who is not prepared to work hard. Drexel students have a lot of fun but the 10-week quarters and Co-op cycles are rigorous. I wouldn't recommend Drexel to someone who doesn't like the city. It is located in West Philadelphia. It isn't dangerous but it isn't rural Kansas either.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Drexel University is a student who isn't sure if they want to attend college. I say this because first of all Drexel isn't a inexpensive school, so you'll be wasting you and/or or parents money. Secondly, because you'll be wasting the other students and teachers time because of how valuable education is toward ones future, so the teachers would be wasting their knowledge on someone who doesn't want it. So if you are unsure, don't waste time or money.

Drexel University is known for its Co-op Program. It is very career-oriented. If students choose the Co-op program they can have either a one 6-month co-op or three 6-month co-ops, which adds real-world experience to their resumes, an advantage over other graduates from other schools. Drexel's quarter system (10 weeks) is very fast, so students must keep up with their classes. Drexel is great for students that are or want to be career-oriented and like to be in a fast-paced environment.

The type of person who shouldn't attend Drexel is someone who doesn't like the city, it's as simple as that. Every person I know who either dropped out, transferred, or failed out was affected by the city. They either couldn't handle the hustle and bustle, or they fell into activities that were not conducive to a good education. The city is a great environment because it provides you with plenty of opportunities for social events and activities, but for all the good there is the bad.

Those individuals that do not wish to take an active role in their career development should not attend Drexel University. Drexel's Co-op program allows students to gather experience about their intended field of work and provides a great way to build connections with future employer's. The majority of students attending Drexel University do so because the quality of this Co-op program and it would be a shame if students did not take advantage of one of Drexel's greatest assets.

A person should not attend this school if they expect it to look Ivy League or like schools they see in the movies. We are a city school and look like a city. People who are not self motivated should not attend Drexel. The professors expect a lot from everyone, even freshman. They are often willing to help you understand the material, but they are not willing to give you reminders about due dates or pressure you to complete your work.

If you aren't a go-getter or into city life, you shouldn't attend this school. Drexel makes up its own community within Philadelphia, but there is so much surrounding the campus that should be explored. If you can't appreciate what a city can offer, don't go here. And doing the bare minimum at Drexel isn't enough. You need to be a proactive student is focused on your future and using all your available resources.