Drexel University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Drexel University

Kalila

Drexel University has both pros and cons. It is situated in the middle of a city and the environment around Drexel is very much gentrified. Since Drexel is an open campus, it can be somewhat dangerous to walk by yourself at times. Some common robberies and assaults occur around campus from pedestrians that don't attend the university. The nightlife is not great because Drexel has intensive and fast-paced courses so people are usually staying in to study. The living conditions are not too bad when compared to other colleges in the United States. On-campus and off-campus housing can become pricey which makes attending Drexel expensive without financial aid. I enjoy the artistic community within Drexel because there are plenty of creatives who sought opportunities versus waiting for it to come to them. Drexel has a plethora of club organizations that students can join which makes it easier for students to acclimate to the college environment with. I appreciate that Drexel helps students find internships with ease and prepares them with careers after graduation.

Leah

Drexel was my number one choice since day one. I absolutely love it, there is always something to do. Whether on campus or in the heart of Philly, you'll never be bored. Explore the city and all the school has to offer! A very diverse school regarding the people and the academics.

Martina

Drexel is a good school just very expensive in which I am seeking assistance now however the school overall is very good and the fact that Drexel gives students the option to work online or on campus is very helpful for full time people who have children and also work full time. It allows people to still get the education that they want in order to make the money that they want so that they too can be successful. Another aspect that I like about Drexel is the communication system is very good as well.

Macy

Looking forward to attending 2020! I am currently in the process of making my Application. It is where I inspire to make goals and achieve them. I hope my future will provide me with the opportunity to share the compassion and service I am willing to give to others as I begin my journey and path in Nursing. Drexel has always been my choice. Macy Hooker Macy Hooker

Georgia

Drexel University is a very good school, but it is harder than most people anticipate. Drexel accepts 75% of applicants, but many people drop out because of the rigorous education and insane tuition. Our graduation rate is about 68%, and I am not sure if I will be able to afford the entire 4 years. Unfortunately, the tuition starts at $70k, not including housing/food, but I think they are continuing to raise the prices. I love Drexel, but my estimated cost for my sophmore year is above $90k including room/board. I am currently applying for a bunch of scholarships because otherwise, I do not know how to pay for this crazy cost. Drexel will rob you blind, but it is a good education.

Mohammad

As a Game Design Major in our school of Media and Design (Westphal College of Arts), we have access to numerous labs, programs, and are taught by working professionals on the field. Although extremely expensive, and sometimes confusing at times where the money goes, Drexel offers the co-op program; students are networked by the school to work/intern from a year to a year and a half in their fields, which leads to a high percentage of students graduating with jobs lined up in their prospective careers. These opportunities of social mobility are present from the start-- some freshman have been hired by companies like Disney or Pixar. Overall, I believe this school is great for those with personal motivation and ambition (our motto is ambition can't wait after all), as the knowledge to use current industry standard technology is taught for students to succeed in the real world.

Dawn

I took classes mostly online at Drexel University Online shortly after it was established. I had the most fabulous professors who were either readily available by telephone or responded quickly to emails. The other students in the class were very supportive as well. We not only had posted webinars and class discussion pages but we also had live classrooms a few times a semester. This was a positive experience for interacting with my peers. I enjoyed the course work and learned more than I thought I would.

Nahian

I love Drexel! It's a place where I feel challenged and motivated. My work ethic and time management skills improved significantly after becoming a student here. The location is perfect, it's located in an incredibly safe area that is not too far from Center City. I enjoy the campus because you can never get too tired of the city view.

Anezi

Drexel University is a comprehensive research university located in downtown Philadelphia: students have many opportunity to succeed in their academic pursuit. Modern facilities and the school offers Co-ops where students can get paid while working in a company for 6 Months around the world. There are also internships and research that give Drexel students the edge in the job market.

Reginia

Drexel University is in an urban setting. Therefore, there are plenty of activities both on and off campus to participate in. It is one of those campuses where it is hard to determine where the city ends and campus begins. The campus is an environment of growth, inclusion, and participation. Professors are readily available for academic discussions. This is an environment of success and the drive toward forward thinking and innovation are evident.

Vinicius

Drexel University has been the greatest thing that could have happened to me. Transitioning I was overwhelmed with the fast paced 10 week terms however teachers and tutors along with literally any type of resource center you can think is always there to help you with whatever might be a struggle. The campus involvement and events are very common and cause for excitement. A small but very exciting campus. Education and the co-op program gives you the ability to perfect your craft and secure a career before even graduating.

Jaeden

Its my top choice. I am impressed with the campus (urban setting), the facilities ( for the Westphal College Media Arts and Design) has an open creative learning environment, and the faculty are world renown. When I started high school, I took Java and C++ and infused myself in AP classes to include AP Computer Science, Government, US History, English, and World History. I knew that doing something computer related infused with my hobbies (like video games and Dungeons and Dragons) was where I should focus my time. I programmed my first video game in my AP Computer Science class! Fun! I researched schools and Drexel's Interactive Media Design Program (Game Design & Production) is the program that will fulfill my desires goal of programming a game for Electronic Arts ('EA' a video game company). The campus learning environment and the engaging professors will be a great fit for me. The idea of also working in a COOP program for a year while pursing my degree is also a great opportunity to get on the job (major related) experience in preparation for a career at EA or another software company.

weiyur

Runs like a business and doesn't care about students.. the meal plan is absolute garbage would give a 0 if I could. events like homecoming don't exist so you don't experience it. Best suited for people who want to be overworked and not have anything else to do for 4 years except study because it has a 10-week term and midterms run from week 3 to week 9. The only good thing is the COOP otherwise just garbage.

Victoria

Academically, Drexel University offers a wide range of majors. Ranging from Global Studies to Chemistry, students can feel comfortable with changing majors to suit their changing interests. Unfortunately, undecided students will have a hard time exploring the different possible majors available. The undecided program isn't great, and seems like a waste of time for students. Several of the opportunities here are co-op and a global presence. Drexel is very community minded, offering courses at local jails, as well as globally interested. It offers several opportunities for students to travel internationally for a week, or even an entire term. The co-op program here gives students the opportunity to get work experience before they graduate, and gives students detailed assistance with the job application process. This is a great school for students who know what they want.

Olivia

Overall, I really enjoy being a student at Drexel. The city is a great place to have your classes - the public transportation is super easy, there's different food choices no matter where you go, the teachers want you to do well, and the other students are genuinely nice. I think my major is a hard one but I haven't struggled because of my teachers, my peers, and the resources Drexel offers.

Angie

If you want the typical college experience just go to Temple. Drexel is no joke.

felicia

My overall opinion of Drexel University on a scale from 1-10 is a 10. I believe that Drexel University has proved to be the school that everyone makes it out to be. The people and staff are very helpful and friendly. I have also been able to get all the information and answers needed in a helpful and timely manner. I will be honored to graduate from this University and make sure that Drexel is painted for others to see. Hope to share my experience from Drexel with other generations to come!

Not only is Drexel University one of the top schools in the nation, it is also a top school for nursing. I have had the best experiences with my instructors and professors, who are at the top of their professional status. The school is very involved in the community, as well as participating in efforts of justice and fairness within various people groups. One thing that stands out for me is the dedication to help those in need. For instance, I have learned through attending Drexel, that they have a nurse managed clinic that provides care to the under served and impoverished. This means so much to me because that is a goal of mine when I graduate as a FNP and the very education I am receiving is from a university with a heart for the very goals I have in mind.