Drury University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Drury University

Fiona

This school is a great place for future students, especially those looking for a liberal arts college. The campus is very friendly and small, and almost everyone knows each other here. The professors are fantastic and actually care about their students, and most classes are relatively small, averaging to about 20 or so students. This gives you more personal time with your professor, creating a wonderful environment. The resident halls are nice and make you feel at home, and don't fret if you're a commuter, it's just as pleasant. I am here almost every weekend hanging out with friend. I would recommend this school for anyone.

D'Andre

There is not enough to be said about Drury University. The campus is centered in a nice location geographically and is not to far from staples like Battlefield Mall. The facilities at Drury are top-notch and always in pristine condition. The campus atmosphere is great and students, faculty, and staff alike are kind. Class sizes are pretty well controlled, allowing for some great personal attention from professors. You are valued here, as an individual, not some random number in a seat. The athletics programs are great and there's always an exciting game or other sporting event to go to.

Johnell

I feel blessed to have found Drury University. After spending four semesters there, it has become my home. Drury has given me multiple opportunities. I love the small class sizes and the interactions and relationships I share with my professors. I wouldn't choose any other school to continue my education, thank you Drury University!

Leah

I love Drury, however, I am in the architecture program and there are a lot of expenses. For example, I had to buy a door to use as a desk...I always believed desks should be provided, but regardless, it's a great school! I also love the small class sizes and the accessibility of the professors.

Kayanna

It is a very nice school, everyone is so friendly! The moment I stepped on campus, everyone smiled and waved. The atmosphere is safe and the campus facilities are amazing. The teachers are always there when you need them and there is so much to do that you never get bored. You can easily start clubs (a friend and I recently started a step team). It is overall a great school where you can get a challenge and feel very welcomed .

Angela

I think it is really a fantastic college. I have not found a better one academic wise yet. The main issue that I have is that it is not really veteran friendly. Being a private college they take all the money else where first before trying to the POST 9-11 which causes many issues down the line.

Aaliyah

Drury University is an amazing university. Small classrooms, other students are welcoming and friendly, teachers are always available. It is a spacious campus, but it is easy to navigate and also to meet people. The staff is extremely welcoming and inviting, I love my school!

Jack

Drury University is a very well thought of college that has endless opportunities for students to succeed. They have small class sizes and professors who care more about their students than their reputation. People around campus are extremely nice and the food is good! For the people who like a smaller class size and love to build relationships, Drury is the college for you.

Mckenna

We are a close family in architecture. Our professor are always there for us, they take time out of their days to help us. They are also very understanding. All the classes are small to allow a one on one with your professors. There is also event going on campus all the time that range to reach all audiences.

Drury University has wonderful instructors who make the learning experience fun and comprehensible. I enjoy online as well as seated classes. My only concern is the Financial Aid Department has too many individuals who are not on the same page, so you may get different answers depending with whom you speak. They also do not seem nearly as knowledgeable about the Financial Aid process as some of my previous colleges. I have been given wrong information in the past which is not pleasing.

Mariah

I like Drury University a lot. I enjoy the small class sizes, and the fact that the campus is small enough that it is easy to know people in classes and around campus. Professors are easy to get into contact with, and are always available if you need extra help on a specific topic. The housing on campus is adequate, and while on campus, I do feel safe, but I do not venture off of campus after dark, because Drury is not in the best part of the city of Springfield.

Drury University is a place where no matter a students background, they will always feel like it's home. The professors go out of their way to get to know students and make themselves available. It is impossible to walk down Drury Lane and not say hi or wave at somebody that you know. Drury prides themselves in academic success and their sense of community. Drury strives to push students to discover who they really are and what they really believe in. It is without a doubt that students leave Drury with sure feeling of who they are as a person and what they can contribute to the world. I would recommend Drury University to anyone!

Abigail

Drury University has been collectively agreed upon as an invaluable place where lives are changed. Many students, including myself, walk onto campus for the first time with an extremely small world view. Drury quickly broadens that view through academics, extracurricular opportunities, and inclusion of all students from all walks of domestic and international life. The faculty at Drury works tirelessly to put their students first, feeding their interests and passions with fantastic academic experiences that truly foster global citizens who have a mindset to give back to their local communities and beyond. The Drury Experience is one that has catapulted thousands of students into successful and fulfilling lives and careers. Go Panthers!

I will be going into my third year at Drury, and it feels like home. Everyone is friendly and helpful, and they care about what they do, whether they are a professor or a student. The atmosphere of the campus is secure and welcoming. I would not want to be anywhere else in the world.

Alexis

Drury is truly a beautiful campus, and it is super small so you know that you aren't just a number to them. Most of the professors are kind and would do anything for their students while challenging them to be their best. The sports teams and greek life can get a bit clique oriented sometimes but there is plenty of other organizations to join and be a part of the school outside of class!

Heaven

The student to teacher ratio is great. I love the small, close-knit campus and community. The teachers care about their students and there are many opportunities to get involved on campus. The basketball games are always the funnest to watch. The food could be a little better but I never expected much from school food, even when I was still attending high school. They provide a rigorous curriculum and a lot of essays and homework assignments. Everyone on campus wants to see everyone succeed. There are so many different cultures on campus, the diversity is amazing really. And everyone fits in somewhere.

Tiffany

Very Welcoming!

Heaven

Drury University is an overall great place to get a higher education. It is a private school with great prestige and everyone loves the small close-knit community! There are so many different resources for studying and researching to choose from. The teachers here really care about their students and are concerned about whether they are succeeding in their classes or not, they will not hesitate to check on you! The only complaint I have about Drury is the school food, but is school food ever really appealing? Even when I attended high school, the lunch food wasn't all that great.

Nicholas

I love Drury University. It is a smaller school, which allows you to know a majority of the people. The classes are small averaging around 20-30 students. There are so many groups/clubs to join, and everyone is accepting of who you are. The professors are very personable, and encourage meetings with them is you need to talk. I would recommend this university to anyone.

Jacob

I think Drury embodies a liberal arts education, both inside and outside the classroom. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with any passion you have on campus, basketball is big here, and the class sizes are small and interactive. The academics are rigorous, but the professors are always available for questions

Noelle

I chose Drury based on my number-one priority that I could develop strong relationships with my professors and build a college community that included them along with my peers, and the school absolutely met that goal. Class size is small, and professors are accessible and eager to speak with students. Additionally, the campus is beautiful, safe, and easy to navigate — such a small school is not for everyone, but I loved the close-knit feeling on campus. The one area I'd say has room for improvement is career services. I did not find much help there, and while I found jobs in my field and know that my Drury education helped make me successful in those roles, it was all done through my own fervent hunting.

Zoe

Drury is a great place to be if your main focus is academic achievement. For the most part the class sizes are smaller than they were when I was in high school and the professors are always available when you have questions and most of them will end up knowing you by name which makes learning the material much easier. There are also many facilities available for the students on campus.