Pittsburgh, PA
Duquesne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Duquesne University

Amy

Duquesne is a great school in a great atmopshere ; you don't even feel like you are in the city because it actually has a campus despite being in downtown Pittsburgh.

Find a school with the major you are looking for, but make sure you pick the right size school for you. Some of my friends picked the schools they went to solely based on the program they wanted to study. However, they were un-happy because the school was either too big or too small or they didn't like the location. You have to go somewhere you will feel comfortable and happy, and somewhere they offer a challenging program in the field you wish to study.

The most frustrating thing about Duquesne is the parking situation. It is extremely expensive to get a parking pass. Also, there are not nearly enough parking spots, so even if you paid the extremely high price, you aren't always gaureenteed a spot. I also think it is frustrating that as a liberal arts student you have to take so many university, and liberal arts cores. There are some major classes that I would have prefered to take, however, I don't have enough room in my schedule to take them because I have to finish fulfilling my core classes.

Joanna

Duquesne University was the smallest school I considered attending, and I am pleased with my decision. the small-school atmosphere has really allowed me to figure out who I am and has also allowed me to attain the help necessary to become the best student/person I can be.

In order to chose the right college, one must consider their strengths and weaknesses. When a person really examines themselves, they can find our what kind of environment would be best for them. For example, if a person has a learning disability, it might be better to go to a smaller school where it would be easier to ask questions and become closer with the professors. Also, the location of the school is an excellent thing to consider. I thought I wanted to be far away from my hometown, but once I left, I quickly became homesick. After I met new friends and started to become more outgoing, however, I was no longer feeling homesick. Once you choose the right school, it's important to get involved in on campus activities. They help you meet new people and help you feel more welcome and at home.

Duquesne University is an extremely good school; however, the dorms and cafeterias could use some updating. The dorms are getting very outdated, and the food served in the cafeteria is definitely not the best. Also, faster internet and more computer labs on campus would be very convenient.

Elysse

The location of the school is perfect and like no other college. Duquesene is located on a bluff that looks over the city. Students can go to the city or the neighboring area southside to hang out. The professors are very hands on and actually get to know the students. The school has excellent programs for students that focus from the start of freshman year directly on the major.

Make sure you take the time ot visit the school to make sure like the location and the enviroment. That is key when it comes to studying and feeling comfortable. Also look at the majors. A school that has a program just for your major usually makes the number of years less, which saves you money and means the program is stronger.

A hard working who knows how to have fun and be social on the weekends but loves to do well in the class room.

Aly

Finding the right college to attend can be a tedious process, but it has a great reward.

How great my major is (Athletic Training) It is an excellent program that is taught by very knowledgable professors. The clinical experience we receive really prepares us for our future career.

The advice that I would give parents and students is to visit as many schools as possible and to see schools of different sizes to see what their son/daughter likes so they are well informed. Once you find some schools that you like the most, narrow the schools down to three and go visit them a couple to time to get more information about those schools. The student should attend the school that offers what they are looking for, such as major, size and financial aid. Attend the school that you fit well with and that fits you well. While at school, get involved in activities and it is a good why to make friends. College should be an enjoyable experience and with choosing the right college, that is a great first step.

I would say that the food is the worst thing about Duquesne because it is good for awhlie but then it gets old. They have choices on where and what to eat but then you get sick of after you eat it so much.

There are a wide variety of people that attend Duquesne University. A person who is looking for a good education from a medium size university should apply and attend this school. The school environment is wonderful and the small class sizes are great for faculty to student ratios. The faculty are very helpful with classwork or any questions the students have inside or ourside of class. If the person chooses to attend Duquesne University, they will be happy with their choice.

Jay

Be as open to any opportunity as possible. Anything that was offered to me that would be good for me I took it! Whether it was a lecture on something I didn't know about, learning about a new religion, making a friend of different race, etc. I loved my first year of college because I didn't hold myself back. College is about finding yourself. Do what-ever you can in order to do that!

The people...without a doubt! I feel at home at college. Even the cafeteria ladies seem to really care about you. Also, even though Duquesne is surrounded by a city it is suburban on campus and gorgeous!

The elevators in my residence building are terrible and the parking permits are way too expensive. Duquesne needs to give people more options on parking.

Kevin

Location.... Duquesne is in the city but the campus is very isolated and has a rural feel to it.

James

Make a list of all the specifics you want, and look into all those before picking a school. Then visit the school to see if it is what you had hoped.

Someone who who is friendly and open to meeting new people, but should expect most of the people to be very similair. Not too much diversity on campus, but still need to do well academically. Depending on your choice of undergraduate studies, do not expect to continue your education ins a specialized field, especially in the business school.

Someone who likes to be out in the open and does not like the city at all. Someone who does not like winters or the steelers.

Joyous

Take your time on visiting colleges and reading material that explains colleges and their motives and concentration areas. Even if the college has your intended major, your preferences are in the balance during the college years. Think about location, activities inside and outside of school, the school's flexibility, school's regulations, and student population. Once you've weighed all those factors and have decided what school is right for you, make sure you take advantage of college. Go to free events that sometimes are put on by school clubs, go to musical concerts, plays, use the school's gym and exercise facilities. Live life to the fullest at college and stick with the right people so you will go far in college and after college. Your professors will judge you by yourbehavior and academics in their classrooms and can help you get a job after college; make a good impression so the staff sees your potential and can tell others.

The dedication and passion the students, professors, and surrounding people have at this school. Everyone feels honoured to be a student at this school and it helps when your peers have the same interests and beliefs as you when you are at this life-changing point in your life.

The frustrating thing about Duquesne is my major, music education. It is difficult and frustrating because it draws alot out of me. It is challenging, strenuous, and time-consuming.

Duquesne is a school that embodies religion in an understanding way.

Duquesne is a school that embodies religion in an understanding way.

Make sure you feel that you belong on the campus. That the people around you look like you have similar interests. Be at a school that makes you want to learn, not only in the classroom but outside as well. Talk to the teachers and get a feel for the classes, one of the most valuable things that I have learned is that if a teacher acts like they don't want to be there the students will reciprocate.

I wish I had known that you could have the city and a quiet atmosphere in the same campus, like here at Duquesne.

Duquesne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.