Pittsburgh, PA
Duquesne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Duquesne University

Tristan

I don’t believe in telling people what to do unless I’ve done it myself. Even to, well, myself. I could tell you what I've discovered, but you won’t see it like I do. I can tell you what to be, but it won’t mean much to you right now. For you to truly know what you want you have to discover it yourself. What I will tell you is not to go college right away; you need more time to find a passion. See the world, learn more of it, and experience cultures. You should still join the military to get close to what is real in the world, and to know how bad it can be. If you realize you are ready for college, you'll do well. We can’t help to do it right. I won’t tell you not to stress out either because it works for us. Find a love and don’t worry if you lose her. You'll take what you need from her to keep going. For how to find her, nothing’s changed, I still don’t really know. For that, you’re on your own.

Bridget

My classmates are dedicated to their studies and their faith while still maintaing a fun and positive attitude.

I love Duquesne because the small campus is located right in the heart of a big, fun city. Even though there is so much to do around the campus, the campus itself feels very small and comfortble. I also love the Catholic atmosphere and the tight-knit community centered around faith. The size is big enough that I do not know everybody but is small enough that I know many people from all kinds of groups. Also, the campus itself is beautiful.

Kellsie

This school is unfortunately best known for attracting well off, upper middle class to high class people, as well as those who are only making it through on grants and loans. There is a lot of diversity, but in such a lot of disparity between the girls wearing the UGG boots and the girls who are coming from India to study and kids like me, who have little to no money to afford the expensive things most of them wear and feel a little left out.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would heavily advise myself to go into college confidently. I was very timid in high school and it didn't exactly disappear once I made it to the college institution. As such, I did not make many friends- or rather, I had many opportunities to make friends but was to meek to actually follow through on them. This is not to say that I am not happy, however I rarely feel like I belong with my class. The grades are not an issue, though I have very little social life. I think the best advise I could give myself and anyone going into college is that everyone is coming in as a blank slate. Just as all your high school friends are going somewhere else, so are thier's, and maybe all they need is that friendly smile and wave to be exactly what you need. Be confident and be friendly and you'll be surrounded by good people in no time. You hear that, me?

I wish I had known that it was in the arctic. -2 degrees right now, come on!

Bianca

I know you are very excited about starting college. But just remember to not burn yourself out with all the things you want to accomplish. You have 4 whole years ahead of you to accomplish all your goals. Take your time do not rush and do not panic. Remember to take time out for yourself to do absolutely nothing, just relax and enjoy that moment. Try your best to live in the moment, with so much going on around you I know it's hard. But trust me you will appreciate it. Also never let someone tell things will never be as you plan them to be. When you have a Plan A and Plan B, one of them will happen. Trust me I know. Believe it or not the steps in your plan are actually falling right into place.

It is a small campus, surrounded by the big city of Pittsburgh. You get the best of both worlds

Not a lot of school spirit for sports and etc. Hopefully this will improve.

The main advice I would give myself is to apply for more scholarships before you graduate highschool. There are so many out there for highschool seniors. Instead, I am sitting here as a collgee freshman trying to keep up with my coursework and pay for college which is not the easiest thing to do. Apply ahead of time. Don't burden your family with financial debt because you want your senior year in highschool to be easy and enjoyable. We all know you will have free time. Use it wisely!

The type of person who should attend Duquesne University is someone who is ready to be challanged. The course work is very rigorous and comprehensive and will definetly challange you even if AP classes in highschool did not. Expect to have to study, but also to have enough free time to have fun. This campus is not for "bad kids." They have a huge police force who will stop you if you are into anything you shouldn't be.

There is honestly not that much that is frustrating about Duquesne University. They have the most helpful professors and staff that I have encountered through out all of the colleges I toured. The campus is clean and very well maintained. The school is overall very awesome and not a bad place to be by any means.

Kristene

I loved how diverse and welcoming Duquesne University is. All faculty and staff were readily available to help obtain all of your needs and goals. I never felt any negativity will being enrolled there. Everyone got along well and helped each other out through any obstacle.

I wish I would have known how important it is to be involved. I loved this school and everything it had to offer, but I wish I would have taken more advantage of it. College is such a wonderful time in life and it passes by so quickly. I think if students would become more involved, it would better shape them for the future and their goals.

ashley

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, there is alot of advice I would have given myself. First, I would have told myself to apply for as many scholarships that I could. Knowing now what I have to pay back in student loans already that is one regret that I have is not taking the time to do that. Another big thing is to take more time to study and not worry about personal life.

Don't waste your time on music education and start off with a music technology degree. This way you can graduate in 4 years NOT 5 becasue of transfering/working on the side.

That they technology side of the campus is slower than the music technology program that I am inrolled in. So my major is advanced and top in the state but the college is a little behind.

A well versed driven person. You pay a lot to attend this university but it pays off in the end if you are willing to put the effort in. Professors here want to see all there students succeed.

Chloe

Well sized school located just the right distance from the city with all of the benefit of being close to the action.

START EARLY. There is no way of knowing what you want to do with the rest of your life right now, and the people who tell you they do are just plain lying. But it doesn't hurt to explore. Figure out the basic things you want in a college and start your search as early as possible. Everything will work out for the best so don't start stressing your freshman year about what college to apply to, just don't wait until the end of junior year either. It all happens for a reason though. And always remember who you are and where you came from.

Though the smaller size is comforting the environment sometimes reflects high school too much when people fall back into the trend easily.

Alexis

Upper-middle class students majoring in the "professions", being members of Greek Life, wearing Ugg boots and Northface jacke...

Upper-middle class students majoring in the "professions", being members of Greek Life, wearing Ugg boots and Northface jackets.

Pharmacy, Law, Business, Nursing, Music, the class rings.

You want a small, libreral-arts or technical visual media school. You want other creative-minded people. The people are Duquesne are not the type of people you want to go to school with. Look at more schools. Find the one that suits you, not the one that gives you the most money.

Duquesne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.