Duquesne University

« See more reviews of Duquesne University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Duquesne Stereotypes: only a pharmacy, nursing, law school, music school, frat/sorority school Student Stereotypes: sports obsessed (Steelers, Penguins), frat/sorority obsessed, pharmacy students, stuck-up, high-heels wearing girls, students dressing up for class, conservative, more religious than students at non-affiliated schools (obviously), Christian--Catholic, white, suburban (a lot of pa students!), fairly apolitical, republican

A common stereotype is that all Duquesne students are rich and "snobby." I have never really heard any bad things about the school itself (other than the high price being a private school and all) so I'm not sure if there are any stereotypes about the university.

I think some people feel some kinda way about Duquesne because its a Catholic School, but you do not need to be a Catholic or even religious to come here. It is a normal school like any other non-Catholic school.

That we are all stuck up, that all duquesne students have money, that there is nothing fun to do at duquesne, that everyone commutes.

Common stereotype is that Duquesne kids are rich, white kids. It looks like a jcrew ad walking around campus.

That students are rich and cocky. That we have a very attractive student populous. Our sports are really bad.

Duquesne students are stuck-up, rich kids that have nothing better to do than blow their parents' money.

all students are rich and from the pittsburgh area. People say Duquesne is just out to get money.

Some people think that all Duquesne students are rich and that the girls are all blonde and ditzy.

Most people are in a frat or sorority and they have previous tests and labs.