Duquesne University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Alex

Small Catholic school with many rich Catholic students

vanessa

I think some people feel some kinda way about Duquesne because its a Catholic School, but you do not need to be a Catholic or even religious to come here. It is a normal school like any other non-Catholic school.

Hunter

Duquesne Stereotypes: only a pharmacy, nursing, law school, music school, frat/sorority school Student Stereotypes: sports obsessed (Steelers, Penguins), frat/sorority obsessed, pharmacy students, stuck-up, high-heels wearing girls, students dressing up for class, conservative, more religious than students at non-affiliated schools (obviously), Christian--Catholic, white, suburban (a lot of pa students!), fairly apolitical, republican

Tristan

Rich, stuck-up, obsessive about looks, filled with cliques

Jenny

That many Duquesne girls can be...easy, for lack of a better word.

Everyone is Catholic, everyone is from Pittsburgh, everyone is rich.

Daniel

Rich Catholic school kids

Julie

Most people are in a frat or sorority and they have previous tests and labs.

Blake

A common stereotype is that all Duquesne students are rich and "snobby." I have never really heard any bad things about the school itself (other than the high price being a private school and all) so I'm not sure if there are any stereotypes about the university.

Marie

Some people think that all Duquesne students are rich and that the girls are all blonde and ditzy.

Natalie

Since it's so expensive, that all the students come from wealthy families.

Lindsay

That we are all stuck up, that all duquesne students have money, that there is nothing fun to do at duquesne, that everyone commutes.

good looking girls, students with wealthy families

Courtney

That they are all rich and snoby.

Andrea

Duquesne students are stuck-up, rich kids that have nothing better to do than blow their parents' money.

Brian

That students are rich and cocky. That we have a very attractive student populous. Our sports are really bad.

all students are rich and from the pittsburgh area. People say Duquesne is just out to get money.

Amy

Common stereotype is that Duquesne kids are rich, white kids. It looks like a jcrew ad walking around campus.