Duquesne University

« See more reviews of Duquesne University

I am now at Emory University earning my dual degree in Nursing and Public Health. I wish I had known how fast of a tract this program actually is. I am concerned, primarily because of finances, of the amount of information and the number of incredible classes that I will not be able to have. Earning both degrees in a span of 2 years seems like a long time at the beginning, but now in the heart of the program, I wish I had the finances to stay an extra semester.

I wish I had known what area I wanted to focus my studies in. I bounced from liberal arts school to the business school and then back to the lberal arts school. If it hadn't been for the help of the academic advisor office I would have had to take summer classes (which I didn't have to ) and would have not been able to graduate on time- which I was successful in doing.

I wish I would have known how important it is to be involved. I loved this school and everything it had to offer, but I wish I would have taken more advantage of it. College is such a wonderful time in life and it passes by so quickly. I think if students would become more involved, it would better shape them for the future and their goals.

The only extra-curricular activities that do anything are fraternities and sororities. If you have interests outside of community service or your major, you won't be able to continue them at Duquesne. If your interest does have an organization on campus, it's very difficult to get into. They are mostly very cliquey and political.

I wish I had known more about the International Relations Program and Political Science, but fortunately I ended up in the program anyways. The Political Science teachers are amazing and really intelligent. Half of them are Ivy League educated and have connections to people in the government that can help you get a job.

Not too much happens on campus. When students need something to do, they ALWAYS leave to go to a nearby university or out into the city. It's also a dry campus because it's strongly religious, with VERY strict residence life policies concerning visiting.

I wish I would've known how financial aid works; Duquesne is expensive and while financial aid is helpful when answering questions, they are not helpful in helping students find outside resources to help pay for school.

That they technology side of the campus is slower than the music technology program that I am inrolled in. So my major is advanced and top in the state but the college is a little behind.

It goes fast, so don't wish it away! Also, in regards to joining honor societies, look for the ones that you can actually do stuff in. If there is no involvement, it's a waste of money.

The school sent home a lot of information about the school before the school-year began and what was to be expected, so I would have to say there is nothing I wish I could have known.