Durham Technical Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Durham Technical Community College

Linda

I appreciate my experience with Durham Technical Community College. I have learned how to grow in many ways and have been able to be well prepared for one of my major positions in the past in Telecommunications as a result of training I received. I have also appreciated the actual knowledge levels of everyone who encourages the use of our Computers and knowing how they are put together and how they work. It is a hands on learning environment that focuses on Technical issues the most.

Josephine

The community college itself has both pros and cons. While there are some flaws in the school system such as not having enough facilities, a few options of classes and lack of clarity made by the advisers, the community is very welcoming and the diversity is strong. Durham Tech is well known for its diversity due to many students from all over the world and students with different cultures. Because the campus is small compare to other school, it is easy to get to know people and make friends with them. In addition, almost everyone there are friendly and are willing to help others. Although the school still have some things that need to be improved, the friendliness of the community and its strong diversity are what make Durham Tech a great place!

Brandi

Small clsss sizes, great resources to help you succeed. Professors genuinely care about your success. It's a great place to attend if you've had a lag in attendance or are transferring to a four year. There is no campus housing or Greek life, so if you're looking for the "college" experience, this isn't it. What it is, is a great education at a great price. Very easy to transfer.

Jodie

Durham Tech is a good school to go to either start or restart your first two college years. There quite a few student groups to join and there are usually different activities for students to take part in. I encountered some good professors during my years there, but I do admit have had a few bad ones. Do take advantage of the student support that is available if you are struggling or have any issues that may interfere with your ability to manage your responsibilities as a student. Overall, its a pretty good school!

Darrylleesha

It's a great school and I'm still learning it and growing with it though the years but it's a great place and it has lots of resources and options available for students and outsiders as well.

Sara

Pretty decent for a community college, generally pretty good professors who are very passionate about what they teach. A very diverse group of students who attend of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and lots of international students. Not very many clubs, but the few there are are full of some great people.

Sebastian

Durham tech is a beautiful school with a lot of diversity in peoples cultures but we all stand together, have chats with each other and every one is welcome to join any group so long as they be their own individual self. The teachers are always available to help students if the students ask for help. Durham tech has been an amazing experience with a lot of new adventures and wonderful people.

zakiyya

Durham tech is a good resource for people who want to prepare for 4 year universities or for people in the work force who want to further their education and gain promotions . Durham tech also has a variety of enrichment classes for students who want learn about painting ,riding a motorcycle or karate. Lots of student activities are available almost every week where you can learn about sororities,fraternities and the medical field. What I enjoy most about Durham tech is that its very diverse we have students from all walks of life its interesting learning about new cultures . Professors are there to help push students and offer us plenty of opportunists to succeed.

Ailin

This college has been an important milestone in my life by allowing me to attend college at an affordable price compared to larger colleges or universities. It has helped me to find out what my interests are and some teachers are extremely experienced and have passed along their wisdom to students. Though the neighborhood around the college is not completely safe and some buildings and equipment are dated, it is a school with an opportunity to learn for those who take it.

Kamiya

Durham Tech a very good school. The classes at all campuses are small, which I know is easier for some students to learn. The professors always make sure they can help in any way. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. It's overall a good school atmosphere.

Jailyn

Durham Tech is underrated, their teachers are highly equipped and they care about your education. Every teacher cares about the subject they are teaching. While it can be hard for some to answer questions they try their best a give mostly accurate information. Now don't get me wrong, you do have those teachers who you can tell would rather not be there but even they can keep a class interesting. I'm a freshman, however the response is the same across all years that the teachers truly care and are there to see you prosper. While the food is not the best they are constantly adapting to the students needs and wants. For example they we've just gotten new computers and a new food vendor. Which didn't take long to replace after students raised the issues. I enjoy walking on campus and sitting outside, because its a light and airy atmosphere. There are murals on some of the walls done by students and very creative seating areas. Overall I love Durham Tech, and would recommend it for students trying to save money and still get a high quality education

Quincy

I think that Durham Technical Community College, overall, is a nice 2-year college to get your college career started. The tuition isn't very expensive, the teachers are good, the classroom sizes are small, and the resources needed to succeed are fair. One recommendation that I have for future students is to not wait until the last minute to apply for classes because they are small so they fill up quickly.

Kelly

I love the school! It’s such a great place to be. Although it’s not an university. It is a community college and you must keep that in mind. I completely feel in love with the Criminal Justice program there, it’s such an amazing program and I’ve learned so much!