Buffalo, NY
D'Youville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend D'Youville College

Shannon

My school, D'Youville College, had everything I was looking for in my dream college from having the best program for my major (dietetics), to having lots of community service options, to having free tutoring, but most of all, D'Youville had the friendly, caring, and helpful atmosphere I didn't feel at other colleges.

My school is best known for being one of the best colleges in the area. Its after graduation job acceptance rates are all extremely high and they are known for giving some of the best education to those in the health related fields.

The list of advice I could give my past self concerning my college transition is endless. There is nothing like the college experience. The only way I can describe it is that it's extremely different, but a good different. I guess the best advice I would give my high school self would be to stand up for what I believe. I like to think that I'm a genuinely nice person; it's rare I don't get along with someone. However, I will say that I have the tendency to allow others to take advantage of me. Maybe not so much now, but definitely when I entered college last fall. Learning to stand up for myself was probably the hardest thing I've learned this year (even harder than Anatomy & Physiology!) and although I fought it for a long time, I eventually did it, and boy did it feel good. That was the moment I realized that I could stand up for myself and still be a good person, only stronger. So past self, you will grow as an individual to fight for your happiness. It happens, so don't resist it, because it's a beautiful thing.

Agharese

The first thing I will ask myself is if I am ready for college and by that, I would set up a short and long term goals for myself. But the number one most important advice for me is to always talk to my advisor about my program and classes before and at the end of each semester because every school are different and some requires the students to take an entrance exam first. Moreover, I would advise myself to stay update with the changes going on in my school especially when it comes to my education and making sure I am taking the right amount of classes in regards to financial aids. And I would have talk myself into taking the freshmen seminar class during the summer after my senior year in high school because I believe do it would have better prepare me for college than I would have expected. Although I cannot go back to better advice myself which would have been great but something I learn along the way is that college is not a place you can just rush into but rather an education you have to better prepare yourself for when you are ready.

The way the staffs treat the students will be my number one worst thing in regards to the school because when you first apply everybody in the financial aid and admission office are very friendly and they even write your name on the board when you schedule a visit with admission. But later in your program or even the following semester they don't care about you anymore especially when you have to deal with financial aid for the new semester and they don't show much effort or friendliness as the beginning before you first enter the school.

RayNis

My classmates are very nice, easy going and supportive also vey respectful.

My classmates are very nice, easy going and supportive also vey respectful.

The advice I would give is to be ready to attend college know what you want to do, because it makes picking your major much more easier. Make sure you definately visit the campus make sure you know that this college is the best fit for you and make sure you attend the open house you receive so much useful information.

The best thing about my school is that it have small class sizes and the teachers know you by name your not just a number. We have a very strong support group. My teachers are very understanding and very supportive. They have alot of activities going on during the semester. Field trips are also good give us great outside experiences versus just having thing going on only on campus. Dyouville makes you feel at home.

Jenna

D'Youville College is an excellent school that allows you to thrive socially and academically while focusing on giving back to the community and doing well academically.

I would tell myself to learn study skills, as I never needed to study in high school but in college I have found it difficult to actually study. I would tell myself that it isn't as intimidating as you think, and you don't necessarily have to finish in 4 years. Take your time and do well.

People that are interested in attending this school should be highly motivated to obtain academic success. They should also be somewhat outgoing; because of the large commuting population, it can be hard to make friends unless you put youself out there.

High School Counselors convinced me that it is okay to go into college with an undecided major because we have time, but because of that advice, I am graduating in 2016 instead of 2014. Therefore make sure of what major you want to pursue, it is never too early to decide. When I applied to colleges, I applied to the common Sunys like Stony Brook , University at Buffalo & Binghamton. It is okay to look beyond the common schools and look into the smaller and private colleges because they may have just as great programs as the Sunys.

Habiba

My school has the best professors who care about their students.

My school has the best professors who care about their students.

If I had the option of going back to high school, the advice I would give myself would've have been to pick a school that is more social science oritnated. I would've also picked a school a little bit bigger and reserach foucas. I would've picked a school that was out the area if I had knowing what I know back them. I would've applied to more scholarships also.

The the most frustrating part about my school, is that people don't like to get involve in the college community. the other thing that bothers me about this school also, is that people don't respect or are not aware of other people's culutre. they don't take the time to get to know people from other part of the world than them.

Alicia

The advice I would give myself is make sure to save all your money and not spend it on silly things. Dont pick a major because of how much money is involves, pick something that you will truly love to do. Look into all the options you have with college, and not just settle because you think thats all your good enough for. Take the ACT one more time and go in with the mind set you can do better.

Cheryl

D'Youville College has a family atmosphere. The professors are friendly and are willing to give extra help to make sure the students learn the material.

If I could give myself advice in high school I would tell my high school self to not take time off from school. A short time off of school can turn into an unexpected long time off. Another piece of advice would be to scrutinize all the forms and course plans. This will make sure that the correct courses are taken and allow you to graduate on time. A third piece of advice would be to interact with students and faculty. Forming study groups will help learn the material and help in career networking. Also if you engage most professors at the beginning of semester they will do extra work to help you learn the material.

The school has a very good library. They have a large selection of material and a good online website. It is easy to find relavant research material.

Tammy

My classmates are diverse, helpful, and friendly.

My classmates are diverse, helpful, and friendly.

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself in high school, I would say to go to college right away and do not wait. Life can get in the way of school and even taking a small time off can lead to a longer time than expected. Another piece of advice I would give is to not be shy. There are a lot of students experiencing the same emotions and struggles that you are. I am a nursing student and a nurse has to work as a team with other nurses and medical staff. Learning to communicate with other students and working with them helps prepare students for the real world working environment. A third piece of advice would be to engage and interact with your professors. Professors can be strict with grading but I have found most are willing to give extra help in ensuring that you learn the material.

A student that attends D'Youville College needs to be acedemically focused and prepared to put in effort to achieve academic success. There are lots of other students that are willing to work with them and help them achieve these goals.

D'Youville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.