Buffalo, NY
D'Youville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend D'Youville College

I have learned a lot about myself, and my abilities this last year from college. I've learned my strengths, and weaknesses, I've learned that with hard work I can make my goals in life. This last years experiences have taught me that I'm worth the hard work, and I can actually have the life I want. The experiences have been extremely valuable, I've learned a lot more than just what was taught to me in class, I've learned many valuable life lessons as well. These life lessons will help me once I get out of college and start in my field of work.

Tania

The professors are really engaging in their respective classes, I've had classes where most of the students are engaged in the discussion and sometimes the professors feed the discussion to really get us into the subject. Although there are your typical boring college professors even they have their moments where the subject matter really captivates some of the students. Alhtough I was horrible with Biology in High School I find myself stating random facts from my college Biology class, a year after taking the class.

D'Youville College is a small private college which focuses on the students. The classes are generally small also, usually consisting of 15-30 students. The professors take a personal interest in helping their students succeed. This school was chosen due to the campus size, the faculty, and the high quality of education they provide.

Attending college has proven to be quite challenging, and rewarding at the same time. As a mother of two small children, entering the college arena has forced me to reevaluate what is important in life. I have found that the rigors of being a student such as studying, homework, writing papers, and late nights at school have put my life in perspective. Obtaining an education has always been important to me. I know that unless I have a firm knowledge and good educational background I cannot succeed in the field of study I have chosen. Likewise, I have learned that my love of learning has been instilled in my children. They have experienced my excitement when I understand a new concept. They have felt my disappointment when I did not meet my expectations. They have enjoyed our times together reading and discussing topics discussed in school. My experience thus far in college has proven to be a refiner’s fire for my little family. We have grown closer, enjoying every minute of life, as we continually realize how much richer it has become.

The availability of the professors, and their caring attitude. The professors I have had take the time to make sure I understand the concepts, even if it means they must take time out of their personal schedules to do that.

Heidi

College has really opened up a new world for me. I can tell I am on the right path because my classes don't feel like a chore; I look forward to what I will learn every time I go to class. I can apply what I learn in class to the real world and see first hand the difference it makes in my life. I can tell what I am learning is not beneficial only for my chosen career path, but also for me to better understand the world around me. College is shaping me into a well rounded person. I have experienced college before when I was younger, but as an adult student I am really driven to learn and take advantage of anything that would benefit my learning goals. I feel very motivated to achieve the best grades and get the best experience out of every class I can.

Kara

D'Youville I think is best know for its Nursing program and being a good school to attend. Also known for being a much smaller school than other campuses in the surrounding area.

I have gotten many positive things out of attending D'Youville College. Including meeting awesome professors who have made my college experience fun. Attending has made me grow as a person and being in an environment of a smaller college it has made learning much easier. Having the professors close to you and available a lot of the time has made getting better grades achieveable. Being on a campus that is smaller your professors actually know your name and your not just known as a number which is nice. D'Youville has been a valuable experience because it is giving me a great education no matter what the cost is that will leave me with a degree and a bright future.

The best thing about D'Youville is that it is a smaller school so it allows for better learning and ability to connect better with professors. Having smaller classes makes it easier to learn and there more one on one opportunities with professors.

Adriana

My classmates are focused and well planned individuals.

My classmates are focused and well planned individuals.

My college experience has been one to remember. At first it was scary, it was hard because the workload was new and definitely not something I was ready for. I realized, after a few weeks went by that it was more about planning my day and keeping up with my work. D'Youville taught me how to be a well rounded and organized individual and this technique has helped me alot in my day to day life. I have also learned to take my goals and push forward to more than I thought I was capable of. I was able to experience the amazing support group of Faculty members that helped me along the way to be a more successful student. That is a great experience to have when as a student, no matter how pressured you are there are people who care about your success and will help you to achieve your dreams. Through this diffcult period, I believe D'Youville has lived up to its name and is always willing to help its students to do better and push forth to achieve more than they thought possible. Through my experience, I made a positive decision in attending DYC.

I wish someone had told me eariler what an amazing enviornment D'Youville is , also the helpful teaching staff who are always dedicated to their students 110% of their time. Also not to mention the great help that is offered in the Tutoring Center for students who are struggling.

Sumedha

At the advanced age of 40 +, when I want to study, I get all friends around me at this college. The professors and instructors are very helpful. I feel like I belong here, unlike the state university where I was rejected, in spite of an acceptence letter and nobody really cared there. In this country my dreams were thrashed at the state university very cruelly and rudely and nobody seemed to bother but D'Youville college gave me reason to believe in my dreams with confidence and respect. I am proud to be studying at D'Youville college.

Friendly people, gives you a feeling of belonging.

Francisco

Upon enrolling in college, students seldom seem to realize that college can very well be a part of the best years of their lives. This is true for me. Growing up in a lower class neighborhood, the harsh realities of the world were clear to me from an early age. I knew that making something of my future meant doing something positive with myself. This meant breaking the mold I, as a young Hispanic male, have been placed in. College has instilled in me values that I could only have learned through experiences in the classroom and with my peers. I was forced to learn to keep up with many new responsibilities living on my own. As cliche as it is to admit it, attending college has helped me grow up. It has helped me appreciate everyone that made an effort to get me where I am now. Wanting to be that extra push for other children, I dedicated my extra time to coaching little league baseball. Its the least I can do to give back to a community that has helped me push me to my limits; something I will always continue to do throughout my life.

My classmates are very enthusiastic, helpful and academically sound.

The kind of person that should attend this school is that person who is focued and ready to achieve and succeed with their career choice. D'Youville is an institution where academics is the main priority and they put high value on education.

Rachael

D'Youville College is a diverse community that offers small class sizes, so that every student is allowed the opportunity to reach their full potential by receiving one on one interactions with their professors. You really feel as if the professor truly want you to suceed not only within your studies but also by becoming a sucessful member of society. As mature student in the nursing program I really feel like D'Youville gave me the chance to reach my goal in becoming a nurse, which I plan on returning by caring for others.

At 25 years old working in the medical field as an assistant to a General Practitioner, I felt as if there was more I could accomplish and had a real calling towards nursing. The docotor I worked for also told me that I had missed my calling and needed to go back to school although, due to my age and the fact that I had not taken all the math and sciences necessary to apply to nursing schools, I did not know if that was possible. However D'Youville College allowed me to work for what I wanted, I applied to their Career Discovery Program and took a skills assessment test to find where I stood. After a year of working very hard I was accepted into the Nursing Program and hold a GPA of 3.5, without D'Youville College giving me a chance I may not have discovered what my real passion is, Nursing and caring for others.

Someone who wants a quality education, that will allow them to make a difference in their future profession.

Janice

First, I applied in July 2010 for the Spring semester which starts January 18,2011. I graduated from Bryant & Startton in 2006. Since then I have made many attempts to find a perminant job placement. However due to my kids and the approprate job schedule for this field requirements , this resulted in being unemployed. Times are tough and since I'm home with my two little ones, I decided to go back to school. I viewed what a few Colleges had to offer and I chose to persue with D'Youville College. So in two weeks I will be starting a change of study in the BSN Nursing program. Once completed all course of studies ,I 'd like to move forward and find a job and settle in helping and treating others whom couldn't help thereselves.Find a job where I can pretty much have a set schedule gearing towards my needs as well. Hopefully to pull my family out of poverity and just live comfortably not looking to much over my shoulders. Thanks for giving me the time to think and know why this schooling so important to me and my life!

A person who sets their goals to succeed and willing to further their edcucation.

It takes a while for the staff to become motivated and helpful .

D'Youville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.