Buffalo, NY
D'Youville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend D'Youville College

Christopher

I gained a lot of personal growth through my college experience so far. I learned a lot about myself, and the chosen field I want to go into. Working with kids that are picking the same major, leads me to enjoy it so much more than I thought I would. As a male, going into nursing was initally very scary but so far I haven't been scared at all. I've gained a lot of friends and support, and have no doubts about it. I think the college experience I had so far shows that I can become the person I want to be, and not to be afraid of it. I need to go all out for what I want and not be scared. I didn't have a lot of friends in high school, and going through this first semester, I've gained so many friends. I feel like a new, more happy, person and cannot wait for this spring semester to start in only two weeks! It seriously has been the time of my life, and more than I hoped it would have been.

I wish I knew more about the area when coming to this school. Most fun things are farther away from the neighborhood the school is at, and if I knew that better it would have helped me choose to live on campus or not to live on campus. The area isn't the greatest, so one has to travel a few miles away.

The most frustrating thing about D'Youville College is the class selection is limited at times. When choosing your schedule, it is hard to get all the classes one wants or needs for their major.

Katherine

My college experience has given me so much from public speaking skills to learning how to speed read, but what has been the most benefit to me, is the ability to multitask. I'm currently a student, an employee, and a mother, so, in order to earn my degree while still performing my other roles in life, I had to gain this essential skill, which has benefited me in more ways than I could ever imagine.

Devin

I have truly found myself while going through college. At the beggining of my start to college, I was a corput kid who knew nothing about "real life" and I had no idea what I was going to be or do with my life. Through multiple classes and an educational abroad program to Europe, I can now say I honestly know what I am going to do with my life. I found out who I was and who I wasn't through this. College has put me on the right track in life and I have never be so grateful for the opprotunity of education.

Alyssa

Throughout my college experience so far, i have learned responsibility. Being away from home has taught me how to manage my time wisely by juggling sports, homework, studying, and my social life. I have learned to do the responsible thing by having to put studying before hanging out with my friends. My college experience has been valuable because it has taught me how to live in the real world. It was a difficult transition from high school to college at first, but now I’m used to the daily responsibilities that life brings.

The best thing about D'Youville College is the small class sizes. The professors are always willing to answer any questions students may have inside and outside of the classroom.

I brag to my friends about the size of D'Youville's campus. It is very small, therefore it is very easy to meet people. Also, the people here are very friendly and are always willing to help.

Susan

D'Youville is a reputable school with a greagt program for returning students. I've loved every minute of my coming back to school. I greatly appreciate their program because it is allowing me the opportunity to further my education all the while work full time during the day. They've been very supportive and encouraging. At my age, to come back it can be rather daunting but this program is geared towards people just like me! It's a great comfort to me to have this program available to me.

The first and foremost thing I have gotten out of the last 8 months of classes is this new knowledge I am learning in this program of business management. There are so many facets to this and so far it's been interesting and wonderful. I have been wanting to come back to school for such a long time, and I just never had been able to do so, but when this program came along I finally, after 13 years, found the opportunity presented to me to further my education thus allowing me the even greater opportunity to a better job, with better pay. I have always been interested in learning, something you should do every single day, but this was my chance at something special, something I could do for myself and something no one can ever take away from me. I would have to say that to me, this is the chance of a lifetime. I always intended to go back, but not once in the last 13 years, did I ever have that chance and now..here it is!

Their Advance program for adult students who work all day and can't take time off during the day to take courses. The circulum too, which is interesting and challenging and the opportunity to earn a bachelors degree that will provide me with a completely new set of doors of career opportunites! They also have a great faculty and staff, and the support of the other students in the same cohort is really beneficial.

Melanie

My school is best known for it's small class sizes because it is a small, private college. This is an extreme advantage in the academic world because the teachers can focus more on the individual. D'youville feels like a family and everyone is extremely friendly. Having small classes is incredibly helpful because the professors are much easier to access. Also it is much easier to focus in a class with 20 students compared to 200 students. I learn much better this way and I know I would not be doing as successful if the classes were much larger.

So far my college experience has been unforgettable. Not only have I met so many incredible people but I have already learned an abundance of information. I am in the Physician Assistant program at my college and every day of classes reinforces why I have chosen this major. I know 100% that this is what I want to do with the rest of my life and D'youville College has something to do with that. D'youville is a private school with small classes that have helped immensely because that is the best learning atmosphere for me. My professors are easily accessible and have no problem addressing any of my questions and concerns. I am also able to focus much more than if there were several more students in the classroom. My first semester would have been no where near this successful if this were not the case. I am looking forward to the rest of my college career and then moving on to putting my knowledge to work when I become a Physician Assistant. I can't even imagine how my college experience could get any better but I am excited to find out.

In my Anatomy & Phyisology class I had a very difficult teacher while some students had a much easier teacher. I don't mean to sound whiny but I studied approximately 15-20 hours for each test and the tests were still extremely difficult while the other teacher's tests were much less difficult. I know this because most students received an A in that class and the average in mine was a C. I don't feel that it should be allowed for there to be such a different level of difficulty between two teachers teaching the same exact class.

Alicia

My campus is neat because it is located in a rather urban community but it is on the smaller side and easy to navigate.

I attended Le Moyne College for two years then decided to transfer to D'Youville College for the remainder of my college education. I really enjoyed Le Moyne I met some wonderful people there that I am sure will be lifelong friends. It was difficult to leave because I had really enjoyed life there but in terms of my education I felt that D'Youville was a better fit for me. I decided to attend DYC because of their renowned Physician Assistant program. At Le Moyne I was studying biology with a pre-health concentration but I didn't feel that I was taking courses that were in touch with what I truly wanted to do. At D'Youville I feel that I am involved in classes that will insure I will become a well rounded Physician Assistant. At first it was hard to adjust to life at a new school but its small and welcoming campus instantly comforted me and allowed me to meet fellow students fairly quickly. I am glad that I choose D'Youville it is a lovely college and I feel that it is the best place for me to achieve my educational goals.

More about the campus and student related activities.

Aleksey

Small close knit community where every teacher knows your name. Great atmosphere to learn in.

I attended a big University prior to D'Youville college and did not get the attention and learning opportunity that I would have liked. D'Youville offers small class sizes where every teacher knows who you are and are there to assist at any time. the one on one attention has significantly improved my grades.

Comming from a different country college has given me the opportunity to take advantage of what this country has to offer. I am learning a trade in which I could eventually give back to the community. I have had the best times of my life meeting new and exciting people. I would have not had the opportunity to meet people from differrent countries and cultures if it wasn't for college. It has opened up doors for me that hopefully will help me achive the American Dream.

Jamie

The most important thing I have gotten out of D’Youville College is the nursing education I’ve obtained thus far. The college makes the curriculum difficult so all nursing students learn and successfully pass the boards, the NCLEX. The nursing teachers my first year at D’Youville College were all great, they all taught well and I retained most of the knowledge. My clinical rotations also taught me valuable information to perform care at the bedside. It was valuable to attend D’youville College because the faculty knows every single student. The learning is great because every student gets hands on experience, since the school is small.

The worst thing about D’Youville College is definitely the social life. D’Youville College is so small and not racially diverse like in Suny at Buffalo. The location of the school is also not that great, it is situated in a not so safe part of Buffalo. The only thing I do for fun is go online or talk to my roommates, and watch movies together at home. It is much colder in my neighborhood, the apartments around D’Youville College are all old. We do not get proper heat during the cold winters.

The brag about how D’Youville College accepted me into the nursing program right away, unlike other colleges. I initially attended Suny at Buffalo, but I didn’t get into their nursing program. Although, Suny at Buffalo is much cheaper than D’Youville College, the college gave me a great financial package. Once I graduate, I would have to pay off all my loans. I finished all my prerequisites in Suny at Buffalo, and it’s just two years worth of nursing school. D’Youville College makes the curriculum difficult but the faculty wants everyone to learn.

The college experience has made me grow up. College helped me insure my independence and has taught me how to interact with students and teachers. This was amazing, to know that you can do things yourself and succeed. I have worked hard and feel like I earned every grade I recieved. I also found that not everything is easy, as I struggled though my Latin 101 class, but I tried my best and have found that the class was actually quite helpful . Lastly, college has made me come out of my shell. I feel as if I have turned into a whole different person with life finally making sense, and confidence to fill the big shoes needed for college. It's been so valuable to find this new person I never knew.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one that wants a small city setting. It wouldbe a good school to go to if you want to know your teachers, and want instuction, not just notes.

D'Youville has a ton of activities, most planned by student bodies. Its easy to get involved. Teachers teach well and they really do care.

D'Youville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.