Buffalo, NY
D'Youville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend D'Youville College

jason

d' youville college is a great place to learn with a staff focused on helping me reach my goals and computers and books to reseach and learn from.

in my time in college i have learn much about the world. D'youville college is about helping the needy. It has been so valuble to attend because of all i have learned both from a personal and educational stand point. while at college i was exposed to the less fortunate and relized just how much I have. I also experenced the joy of helping them with friends it changed me as a person. I have also learned tons about my major. At D'youville I was encouged to help learn more about the subject then ever before. My professors helped me understand history at a new level that i never thought possible. overall, college has changed me for the better.

anyone who wants a small comited place to help them achive their goals this is the school for you.

DeLaOkuira

My classmates are very to themselves and it takes alot for them to start a conversation up with me.

I have gotten a wonderful experience as to how everyone is normal and even professional people are going to make mistakes. I have learned to deal with all types of people and most of all i have learned to be on my own and handle sertain situations when upset.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that with important information that i should know about is not automatically brought to my attention, but the college will send me e-mails about yoga and other programs that re going on in the college with no problem. I think my financial information should be sent to me firts before that.

Precious

Culturally diverse small college setting.

Culturally diverse small college setting.

D'youville college is best known for it's health programs. It has an excellent nursing school that has been available for almost 100 years. As well, they have degrees in Pharmacy, Occupational and Physical therapy, Physician Assistant, and pre-medical and pre-dental majors.

I wanted to attand D'youville College to get the one-on-one attention offered at a small university, I feel that the teachers here are eager to help students succeed in whatever pathway they choose. I feel that the courses I have taken here have been just as challenging as the large university I had transferred from. I feel prepared to move on to the graduate level of my program after completing the pre-requisite courses here. D'youville is very culturally diverse and the students here love to work in groups and help one another. I have had a great experience here so far.

Angela

I have certainly been blessed when I say I have gotten the most out of my college experience thus far. For example, not only have I excelled academically, but also physically in sports. First, my college has enabled me to have the experience of very small class sizes. For this reason, I have been fortunate enough to talk one-on-one with my professors both in class and outside the classroom. The class sizes at my college never exceed 30 students in the health professions. Not only that, but class discussion occurs everyday, just as it had in high school. Thanks to these class experiences, I am proud to say I have achieved a 4.0 GPA for my fall semester. Further on, I have also participated on the Varsity Tennis and Crew teams, which had allowed me to create stronger bonds with students who have the same interests as I. As I have excelled at both sports, I have also excelled socially with other students. D'Youville College has been valuable to attend for numerous reasons. For example, not only have I been able to achieve an amazing GPA, but also an amazing lifestyle as a growing adult.

The best thing about my school is the opportunities D'Youville College gives its students. For example, not only are the health programs all direct-admission, but the class sizes are small enough to learn in. Many colleges do not allow their students to transfer into graduate programs, as the college would accept transfer students first. Thanks to D'Youville College, I am able to have more confidence in myself and my studies, as I know for sure that I have a spot saved for me in the pharmacy school. That's a dream come true for any pharmacy student.

When I talk about my school, I always brag about how all of the health programs here at D'Youville College are direct-admission programs. Unlike most colleges, D'Youville College allows its students to transfer from undergraduate to graduate programs without any question, as long as the necessary grades and requirements are up-to-date. Not only that, but I also have to brag about how small my classes are, even though I still am in the undergraduate level. For example, my biology and chemistry classes have a maximum capacity of 30 students; now that's a dream!

Ruth

Classmates at D'Youville are very friendly and willing to help you out with anything.

So far in my college experience I have gotten to learn things I have enjoyed learning. I have met new people that will be friends for a life time. D'Youville has a great Dietetics program, which is the program I am in now. I am a single mother trying to put myself through school to show my daughter that school is very important, which is something I wished my parents would have pushed when I was growing up. D'Youville has been a great help with the entire financial aid process. It has been valuable to attend college to succeed in the field I want to work in. Thank you very much for your time

I tell them that it is a good school that teaches you what you need to know. At D'Youville the teachers are very helpful. The classes are small so you are not just a number.

Shadeana

Out of my college experience I have learned that I should have went off to college rather than stay home. I feel that I could have gotten more out of being away at a school that I really wanted to attend. But overall my college experience has been the best experience I think anyone could ever think of. Being in college gives you way more freedom than when you are in high school and have to follow so many rules and most of all college is what you make it. It has been valuable for me to attend college because I know what it is that I want in life. I know that in order for me to live my life like i want to, then I have to attend school and put in a lot of hard work and dedication for me to do what it is that I want to do in life.

My classmates seem really nice and everyone talk to another, atleast once in a while.

Since I have been to D'youville, I have grown so much as a person. Going away to school, allowed me to become more independent and more confident in my decision. I have also become more socially outgoing, which has helped me make more friends and get along better with others. Academically, I've struggled in certain subjects but through those struggle I learned a lot. One of those things I have learned is not cry over one subject. I learned to live in the moment and not let my school work to effect me emotionally. D'youville itself, has small classes and which allows more one on one time and I think that is very important. It is a very science based colleges so I have been introduced to a lot of different fields. Since the school is located in the city, there is a lot of opportunity to interact with other school and what they offer.

The Best thing about D'youville is that the class rooms are small and no one is ever a number.

D'Youville is a great place for forming relationships with other students and faculty members in order to make your learning experience easier.

The most important thing I have learned in college is how to deal with the struggles of living on my own. I have had to buy all my textbooks, groceries, and come up with money for daily living expenses. Along with being a full time college student, I am a two sport athlete, and have held a part time work study job. Transferring to D'Youville college this year from a community college, I have had to meet new people in two totally different settings. In the classroom I have learned how to take notes better, how to interatct with others in lab, and have improved my study habits. Outside the classroom I have learned to manage my time, social skills, and how to be a part of a team while not knowing anyone. It is valuable to attend college because you are not only getting an education and degree, but learning everyday life skills that a person needs for the rest of their life.

D'Youville is a small college where a student can get to know other students very easily. It also gives the student an opportunity to get to know their professors and they are always willing to help with assignments or studying. D'Youville has a very low ratio of students to teachers, class sizes are kept small. This makes it easy to pay attention and learn material more quickly.

Kristin

I have gotten a great deal of experience from my college experience. Right now I am working towards getting my AA in Early Childhood education. In these classes I have learned how to not only be a better care taker, but a better parent. At Pierce we are taught to look at the whole child and get to know them each individually. Doing this makes every child feel important and loved. Instead of treateing a child as if they are bad, we look and see what the source of there bad behavior is. Then we can correct the problem and really help the child. I have a three year old daughter and these classes have taught me how to be more understanding with her when issues come up. Knowing the different stages children go through while they grow older, helps us also understand why they are acting out. As a teacher having understanding for children is one of the most important things. If we don't understand them, some children can get left behind, and that in not acceptable.

Kelli

D'Youville is a small school and a good choice for students who want to enter a career in the health professions.

My college experience has been rewarding in a number of ways. I have learned a great deal about myself, my goals, and what I would like to achieve in my future. Attending college has encouraged me to become a stronger, more independent person. While going to college is often considered to be a requirement for many students today, I am only the second person in my family to pursue a higher education, and I plan to be the first to earn a Master's degree. I truly believe that my education will help me in my future, not only with finding a good job, but also because it has allowed me to grow and learn about myself, others, and society in general. College is a great learning experience that has allowed me to take advantage of many opportunities. I have met and befriended people from all walks of life and I have broadened my knowledge through classes, extracurricular activities, professors, and other students. Although the financial burden is substanstial, I look forward to graduating with a degree and the skills I will need to become a responsible citizen and a valuable member of society.

I would consider it too small. There aren't very many resources available to students on campus, for instance study abroad. The library is small and not very accommodating for the amount of students, especially considering how challenging many of the classes are. There are only two residence halls and two eating areas, and parking can often be an issue.

D'Youville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.