Buffalo, NY
D'Youville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend D'Youville College

Windy

D'Youville College offers many opportunities for an affordable experience.

D'Youville College offers many opportunities for an affordable experience.

Attending college has allowed me to meet new people and has given me a lot of opportunities. I has not only educated me for my career choice, but also prepared me for difficult life decisions. I am really proud to be in the Nursing Workforce Diversity Program because it has provided me with great assistance towards my nursing career. I was also assigned a mentor and friend that I can consult with for any issues I may face. I have really enjoyed my college experience here at D'Youville College and I think everyone should feel the same way about the college they attend.

The most fustrating thing would probably be the lack of teaching experience in some 100 level instructors. With expensive tuition , I would expect all instructors to be qualified and professional.

I thought I was a good student in high school, but I've realized I've grown so much already, just in three semesters. I have such good work ethic, I'm devoted, determined, and I know what I want for my future, which is why its easy to have the drive to be diligent. I've learned how I best learn, and how I can help other people do the same. I am independent as a student, which has carried through to being a daughter. When I'm home, I now have drive to help out. I don't settle. I'm getting the most out of these four years of undergrad, and hopefully will do the same for the 3 years of grad school. Learning comes from the classroom, definitely, but as much as people say it, I hadn't realized how much I've gotten from being away from home, friends, and the person who means the most to me. Looking back, the time has flown by, and in the moment I hadn't realized or been appreciative of who I am becoming, but when that ah-ha moment hit, that's all it took.

This school is highly commuter students based, which makes meeting people, and staying friends with people hard, because unless you have classes with people, there is no guarentee that you will continue seeing people in later semesters. My closest friends are dormers, but I do have commuter friends, but they aren't as close because they tend to come and go with the semesters. But I'm sure if you put in the effort, you can become friends and stay friends with whoever you wish to.

This is a small school, everyone knows everyone; its great! If you want to party, you can, if you want to have more of an acedemic focus, you can without being judged for it. You will find people with values like yours, people that will be able to help you when needed, and be a stress reliever when you need that instead. This school is for serious students, and you pay serious money, but if taken seriously, this education is so well worth it, but you are the one that decides if you get the most out of it.

Matthew

My limited collegiate experience has birthed a plethora of realizations about higher education. First, transitioning out of high school, my false self-confidence led me to believe I was incomparably wordly savy.. Yet, collegiate exposure expanded my existential insight, causing me to question my mortality and the grandeur of our universe. Awareness of my inadequacies launched into self-motivation. Secondly, I realize the value of communication skills. The ability to analyze both the written and verbal causes engagement, contributing energy and collaboration for solutions. College has deepened my interest in current affairs. I am motivated to delve and examine all points of view, determining implications for the future. I realize the value of systematically comparing and contrasting history of local, state, national, and world affairs to what is transpiring currently. The improvement of self is essential to the betterment of the whole. And, finally, I have developed the awareness of the value of self-discipline. Regulating focus builds structure and brings order. An ease in perception flows promoting positivism and confidence, allowing wholesome decision making and a sense of centeredness.

Sumeye

D'Youville is comfortable and academically focused.

D'Youville is comfortable and academically focused.

My school is best known for having one of the best programs in the state of New York.

Attending college was the best decision I could have made. My experiences at D’Youville College are those that I will never forget. I decided to attend this college because it had a great pharmacy program. By choosing to go to this school, I knew I could get my doctor of pharmacy degree in 6 years and at the same location. However what I did not expect to find at D’Youville were great professors, counselors, mentors, advisors and friends. All these new people that I met have impacted my life in a way that I could not have imagined. During the three semesters I have been there, I have not once felt alone. There was always someone there to talk to. It was very easy to make new friends. I learned many new things about myself. One of these things being that I was not lost or wrong in my decision making process. I knew what I wanted out of life and what my goals were but I was confused about how to achieve them. Through D’Youville, I attained a job with Trio’s Upward Bound program at D’Youville College as a mentor and tutor.

Kara

Out of the one semester I have completed at DYC, I have picked up a of couple things. For one, DYC, in fact, cares about the students, especially freshman, and really puts in the effort to make their transition from high school to college as easy and fun as possible. From all the different events, activity nights, and knowledgeable faculty to help you along the way, DYC makes you feel like you are apart of a community and not just some random number. While I only part-time dorm at DYC, I have had the chance to meet new friends I probably never would have if I did not do so. Small class sizes and specific programs makes it easier to meet people and stay close to them. I believe meeting and gaining new friends is essential when starting in a new place. Finally, I have learned that hard work pays off. You only get out of something as much effort as you put in. My 3.8GPA for the first semester is proof of this. All of the things I have picked up at DYC are valuable to me because they have made me a more well-rounded person.

Considering I have only completed one semester at DYC as of now, I don't have much to complain about. Only one thing annoyed me the most, which was how the scheduling process was done. Freshman are the last to register for classes, and class sizes are small, therefore classes fill up quickly. DYC does not anticapate how many people will be taking each class and does not make enough open, then decides weather or to open more classes after the fact. Needless to say, people stress about their schedule for about three weeks till they are finally set.

DYC is not for everyone. I think if you are planning to attend there, you need to be one hard working and motivated individuale. While they are very concerned about the well-being of their students, there is no room for slacking off. Take it from someone who is in the nursing program; if you do not take your education seriously, you will be left in the dust. There are rigorous requirements and standards to abide by, and if you do not follow these you can be dismissed from the program you are in.

Thomas

My school is unique because it has historical significance in the Western New York region. It was the first all women's college in the area, and has been around for over 100 years. It started with just a nursing program and has grown and evolved throughout the years to become one of the most diverse and excellent colleges in all of New York.

My experiences with D'youville College has been invaluable towards my growth as both a professional and responsible human being. I've learned much more than just academic skills, like how to communicate effectively with a diverse environment of people, and the ethical and moral standards required of people in the health care field. The coursework is very challenging, and requires an extensive amount of hard work, but I love the feeling of satisfaction I get from completing it. I know that everything I put into it now will serve to benefit me in the future. The small class sizes and personal touch I've received from D'youville has contributed a lot to my success as a student. I feel confident that I will go on to lead a rich and fulfilling professional life thanks in part to the caring faculty and staff here at D'youville.

The thing that I consider to be the worst about my school is the parking situation. The parking lot size is limited and if you don't arrive early it can take you a while to find a spot. It is possible to find off campus parking but for half of the year the weather is very uncooperative.

Calvin

My classmates are consummate professionals who are continuing their educations to advance in the corporate world.

I have learn to value the the importance of group work

D'youville has an environment that is welcoming to both high school students transitioning into college as well as adult learners who have yet to obtain their degrees

Courtney

A good academic school, with some diversity and a medium size college

A good academic school, with some diversity and a medium size college

Hard-working, pays good attention to teachers, interacts with other students

What I have gotten out of my college experince I would have to say that I became a stonger student in classes that I lacked in high school. I am more independent and don't rely on my parents to fix my problems for me. I have met many different students from other cultures and backgrounds which helps me to be more understanding of others. Also, attending this college and graduating with a BSN in Nursing in three yearrs will help me have a wonderful career with many job openings in the future.

I am studying one of the most basic principles of life, yet some of the most complex subjects. Dietetics is something that effects every person on Earth. We all need to eat! Yet to fully understand it, thorough study of chemistry, biology and other sciences are required. My college experience is giving me the tools I need to understand the way our bodies and our world work so that I can help others make their bodies work better! I believe that my college experience is not only valuable to me, but will become valuable to the people I can help after graduation.

The tuition! The school is absolutely wonderful, but you do get what you pay for!

Someone who has clear goals and is dedicated to achieving them. If you know what you what, they will show you how to get there!

Cory

Throughout my college experience I struggled with borderline depression and demonstrated several self-damaging actions. It was only through the friends that I've met at D'Youville College that I was able to deal with my harsh feelings about myself and society and realise that I am in fact a real person with real emotions. The values that society has placed on the generations of today are at risk of tearing our country and the fabric of our beliefs apart. College has taught me that an intellect is someone that can observe both sides of any single situation, formulate their own opinion, but still respect the beliefs and opinions of others, even though they may be polar opposites. I've learned that people will always be people and have a greater concerned for themselves than for others. Why not? If I'm to become an adult in this country, I shouldn't be sheltered and protected from the poison that the world can throw at me, I should be constantly exposed to it, so that at some point in the future I will be immune to the stupidity and idiocracy of people. Love who you are, that's valuable.

D'Youville College is a fantastic academic setting for a prospective student who has a strong grasp on the type of career that they would like to turn into a lifetime of work. I only wish that I knew the field of study I could see myself involved in as an adult, because had I known that, I would have made several different choices about my education as well as my life. I can not complain though, I've met some of the most interesting and genuine people at D'Youville.

The worst thing about D'Youville /college, in my opinion would have to be the Financial Aid offices. Even after four years of constantly recieving the same aid package they still find some way to manage to rip me off a couple hundred dollars. I'm not one of those people whose parents just throws me money when I bat my eyelashes, so the tardiness and inconsistency of D'Youville's financial aid has often caused me alot of stress and has put me in several stressful situations, due to my lack of money.

D'Youville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.