D'Youville College

« See more reviews of D'Youville College

The humanity courses seem to be slim, which can impede a student from obtaining their degree on time. For example, humanities are core courses that include literature, fine arts, foreign language, philosphy, and religion. A student is required to enroll in 3 out of the 5 areas, and sometimes they may interfere with more important classes. Furthermore, why a fine arts class comes before a math or history class is beyond me! It really restricts me from taking courses when I would like, thus keeping me from obtaining my degree at a convenient time.

In my Anatomy & Phyisology class I had a very difficult teacher while some students had a much easier teacher. I don't mean to sound whiny but I studied approximately 15-20 hours for each test and the tests were still extremely difficult while the other teacher's tests were much less difficult. I know this because most students received an A in that class and the average in mine was a C. I don't feel that it should be allowed for there to be such a different level of difficulty between two teachers teaching the same exact class.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the way in which you have to register for classes for each semester. It is a complete chaotic free for all! Every student meets with their advisor and are given a pin number so that they have access to the online registration for the day that their class can participate. Well, if you are a freshman you might as well not plan on getting any of the classes you want because they are all filled up by upperclassmen quickly. Registration begins at midnight of your assigned day.

Other than the issue that students can have with parking, there hasn't really been anything that has really frustrated me. However, I am a little frustrated that on top of how expensive the tuition is, which I don't mind since I believe I am getting an excellent education here, I am being charged over $100 for Kaplan testing services which is required in order to help students prepare for the nursing licensure exam. This is required for the next five semesters.

The most frustrating thing about D'Youville is the parking. It did not use to be a problem, but this year they knocked out the largest parking lot to build another building. Although they claim to have put enough parking spaces back into the lots, I know that there is not enough for all the commuters. Buying an expensive parking pass and then not having a spot ANYWHERE is very frustrating.

The cost is very expensive. I pay over $20,000 a year for tuition and then have tp pay $400-$700 per semester for books; books that are for core requirements or pre-requisites. I'm sure I will pay twice as much for my medical books. There is also a $60 fee annually for parking . Unfortunately, the parking lots are 2-3 blocks away and it is terrible walking in the winter and snow.

Parking! I buy a 70 dollar parking pass every year and still have a very difficult time finding a parking spot. I do not like to park on the streets because D'Youville is in the city which means there are many rules to when you can and can't park on certain streets. It's a pain because many times the roads aren't marked with signs and I have gotten a few tickets because of it.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that with important information that i should know about is not automatically brought to my attention, but the college will send me e-mails about yoga and other programs that re going on in the college with no problem. I think my financial information should be sent to me firts before that.

The the most frustrating part about my school, is that people don't like to get involve in the college community. the other thing that bothers me about this school also, is that people don't respect or are not aware of other people's culutre. they don't take the time to get to know people from other part of the world than them.

The most frustrating thing about DYC is often people will say that they are there for you and willing to help, but when you find yourself actually needing help there not there. Then the second things are better or going someplace good then it will jump in and try to help which makes things worse.