D'Youville College

« See more reviews of D'Youville College

In my opinion, the best thing about D'Youville College is the small class sizes. The ability to ask questions frequently, along with the personal interaction with the professors makes D'Youville an ideal learning environment for those who are in college to be taught and guided, not to teach themselves as is the case with larger universities. The professors are very approachable and willing to help students on an academic as well as personal level. The individual attention and professional advice/guidance are unique to a school with small classes; you are more than just a number.

The best thing about my school is the opportunities D'Youville College gives its students. For example, not only are the health programs all direct-admission, but the class sizes are small enough to learn in. Many colleges do not allow their students to transfer into graduate programs, as the college would accept transfer students first. Thanks to D'Youville College, I am able to have more confidence in myself and my studies, as I know for sure that I have a spot saved for me in the pharmacy school. That's a dream come true for any pharmacy student.

I transferred from a university with over 30,000 people where I was nothing but a number. At D'Youville people know my name. The classes are small enough for the teacher to notice me in class. My academic advisor actually knows my name. My GPA at this school is a 3.7216, which is almost a full point higher than my other school because there are people at D'Youville who are always willing to help. Teachers are always available and willing to help me succeed. Caring people make for a positive environment.

The school is very friendly to new students, I felt very welcomed when I began my first semester at the college. I like that the school is smaller than most schools so the classes are all in one building and are all near each other. I also like that the classes are also smaller, around 25-30 students so there is always available time to meet with the teacher before or after classes without making appointments with the professors. Overall I have had a great friendly experience at the school.

The best thing about D'Youville college is the commitment of my schools professors to us , their students. I think its amazing how much they truly care about the students. I have the most understanding and dedicated professors. They are willing to help me do what ever it takes to succeed and understand what I am being taught. I know I will become a very qualified nurse because of both my dedication to school and my schools dedication to me. I am embracing my four years here at D'Youville!

The best thing about my school is that they are very helpful . The location is close to my my home and job . I have been out of school for a while,so I appreciate the fact that they offer an adult program at night allowing me to return to class and finish my degreee. The entire experience at DYouvills college has been great. The instructors ae very helpful and always willing to help. the finaancial aide office has ben very helpful in showing me ways to pay for my studies.

The best thing about my school is that it have small class sizes and the teachers know you by name your not just a number. We have a very strong support group. My teachers are very understanding and very supportive. They have alot of activities going on during the semester. Field trips are also good give us great outside experiences versus just having thing going on only on campus. Dyouville makes you feel at home.

Their Advance program for adult students who work all day and can't take time off during the day to take courses. The circulum too, which is interesting and challenging and the opportunity to earn a bachelors degree that will provide me with a completely new set of doors of career opportunites! They also have a great faculty and staff, and the support of the other students in the same cohort is really beneficial.

I would have to say there are two best things about my school: diversity and small size. There is so much diversity in my school which has exposed me to so many cultures which is fantastic. The college itself is small which is nice because I come from a small town and I don't particularly like big schools. Teachers know who I am and they are able to help their students because there aren't too many.

D'Youville is a small college where a student can get to know other students very easily. It also gives the student an opportunity to get to know their professors and they are always willing to help with assignments or studying. D'Youville has a very low ratio of students to teachers, class sizes are kept small. This makes it easy to pay attention and learn material more quickly.