Richmond, IN
Earlham College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Earlham College

Safia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to evenly balance out social life with acedemic life , especially during the first semester. It seems simple but one will quickly learn that it is difficult to do so when you are meeting new people, making new friends and starting new relationships. It does not matter how hard one works in high school, the focus can be easily lost in college. It is good to be social, however, one must keep motivated during college to obtain good grades because they will depict how successful you become in the future.

The type of person who should not attend Earlham is one who is not open mided to seeing new things. This campus is full of diversity; there are students who practice a variety of religions, come from different cultures and are open about their sexual preferances. If a person feels that he/ she could never be comfortable with this type of environment, they should not attend it.

The most frustrating part of Earlham was the lack of recourses for career placement. I feel that the staff at the career placement office do not have enough materials to help students find jobs or internships after college. Many times, I was disapointed with the lack of knowledge and recourses they had to offer me that I resorted to finding jobs on my own or from other schools.

Lama

I will tell myself: "Don't worry. Life is a journey and the confusion is only a natural big part of that journey. Do what your hearts wants you to do and don't worry too much about the future, because even then you won't have it all figured out."

the location, especially because of the weather and how it affects our mood.

Preppy people should not attend this school.

Take more time looking for direction rather than hoping you come across it. Spend more time looking forward than back. Take more time looking for the right program. Stop being pessimistic, its not that bad.

David

The school has one of the largest international student population, 20% of my graduating class. This in combination with large Jewish, African American, and Quaker populations, due to its historic connection with the black civil rights movement and being a Quaker school. The high diversity allows for greater discussions in class and broad opinions.

Well, I actually graduated during my junior year of high school, however, I would have told myself that college is the greatest culmination of experiances you will ever have.

Kristin

Firstly, I would say that your dream school isn't always the right school for you. Most people I know didn't pick Earlham as their first choice, but now they wouldn't pick anywhere else to go. I also think it's really important to assess your cohesive needs as a student - although academics should be at the top of the list, location, extracurriculars, and social life can make or break your college experience. Enjoying where you are and who you're with always makes schoolwork seem less stressful. As for making the most of your college experience, don't close yourself up to change. One of the best things about college is you can open yourself up to new experiences and schools of thought everyday.

Although it's nice to know everyone, sometimes it can be a little too small. My best advice is to find a tight-knit friend or two that you can trust to leave your secrets with, otherwise it will get all around campus, and quick.

We have a great student to professor ratio, and we call our professors by their first names. Classes involve high level critical thinking that is much more abstract than in high school. Oh, and the students are usually really nice and helpful.

Yuliya

visit the school and attend the one that is community oriented such as earlham

visit the school and attend the one that is community oriented such as earlham

career center, would not help me with the job searching aspect

Brittney

being extremely liberal; good educational experience

being extremely liberal; good educational experience

Picking the right college is more than choosing where your fellow classmates choose to go. I picked a college that most of my past classmates would not have even considered, and I loved it. The school that you select should be the best fit for you, individually, or not even the best fit for you at all, if that makes any sense. Choose the college where you think you will learn the most about yourself, as well as the field that interests you the most. For example, I am from a conservative background and chose an extremely liberal campus. At first I was unsure of my decision, but after completing four years of school there, I know that I could not have picked a better option. The best way to learn is from those who may not have the same viewpoints as you do. If we spent all of our time around people who were like us, we would never grow as people.

Paige

The best thing about Earlham would be the community and the people who choose to go there. You are not pressured to do something that you don´t want to do.

We are a student body of 1,200 students all from very diverse backgrounds.

Some of the students are hippies.

Earlham College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.