East Carolina University Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Rory

Sports, especially football, are hugely popular at ECU. Everyone rallies behind the football team during the season. Roughly 45,000 people are in attendance for each game, with the student section, called the Boneyard, boasting the loudest area of the stadium. Other sports are popular as well, but not nearly to the extent of the football team. Baseball is ECU's strongest sport, as it is regularly ranked among the Top 25 teams in all of NCAA. Intramural sports are also a big part of the sports scene on campus. Intramural sports include flag football, soccer, basketball, and many more.

Jalayana

Sports are a big thing here, even though in my opinion our teams are not extremely good at them, that doesn't stop any pirate fan from cheering. Football is the most exciting season. Tailgating starts hours before the game and the thick smell of barbecue in the air. Fans go as far as dressing up as Captain Jack Sparrow to show their pride. It is a real exciting time of the year and interesting to watch. Only Men's basketball and football get much notice.