East Carolina University Top Questions

Aolani

Football

Rory

Football games are the events that the entire campus takes part in. The student section of home games is generally completely full and loud cheering on our Pirates! Intramural sports are also a large part of the school. I am a part of the ECU Gaming club. We enjoy playing video games and hold tournaments/get togethers once a month. The biggest games are Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Starcraft 2, and League of Legends. While those are the big three, many of our members enjoy a variety of other games and are open to new games.

Jalayana

If I am correct, the Black Student Union has the most members of all student organizations and groups. However, I also believe that fraternities and sororities possess many people. A lot of people are interest in Student Government as well as the ECU Gospel Choir.

The most popular student activities are definitely the football games! We love our football and tailgates here! Our school spirit is very strong so there is always a good amount of people at the sporting events. There are also a lot of students who do intramural sports because you can start a team with a bunch a friends and play flag football, soccer, softball, water polo, basketball, and many more. I am personally on an intramural team with my church, The Newman Catholic Center, and we have an awesome time doing the different sports. Intramural sports are a great way to get involved with the school athletically and it also gives you a study break for an hour or so. Greenville is a party town but there are also other activities available to those who do not want to be in the party seen that are available on campus, such as bowling, movies, and activities at the dorms.

Everyone always talks about Student Activities Board. There are so many thingsw to do within that club so its very easy to get involved. I am apart of the Bowling Club. We meet on Thursday nights and participate in different tournaments. Its very fun. Some students leave their dorm doors open so they can meet new people. Everyone is very friendly. Every athletic event is extremely popular. They usuallly always sell out because so many people are trying to go. Dating is different for everyone, although some events like speed dating go on to help out. I met my closest friends in the bowling club that I am in. We all have similar interest and it turns out that most of us have similar majors. At a 2am on a Tuesday night, I am probably just watching television. We have things like Barefoot on the Mall, Freeboot Friday, Midnight Madness, and of course Homecoming. People usually party Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Greek life is not super important, it just adds to the college experience. There are always things to do at the student center if someone does not want to go out. In greenville, there is a mall, a bowling alley, lots of different resturants, movie theaters, and different stores not normally found in the mall. There is also an ice skating rink.

The most popular student group is probably Student Pirate Club which, if you join by paying the yearly fee, you can get into all the home football games and other sporting events for free, without having to go get a ticket. All you would need would be your student id, which they would scan at the entrance to the games. This is really handy when you want to go to the games, but don't have time to get a ticket, also, it guarantees you a pretty good spot as you would get to sit in the student section. However, if you don't go to a lot the sporting events, then it can be a waste of money because it does cost $50 to join. If you don't, you could just go to the ticket office in Mendenhall and get a ticket there. Tickets to sporting events are free to students, but are not guaranteed, so if you wanted to go to a game, but don't go get a ticket as soon as they are available, you might not get a ticket, and if you do, it might be in the nosebleed sections.

Dominique

We have quite a mix of culture on campus. The Ledonia Wright Cultural Center is very active on campus. The center sets up International festivals that celebrate different cultural activities (think: dance, music, common traditions) and food. The SAB (Students Activities Board) Film Committee also set up the screening of contemporary movies every week on a big screen in Hendrix Theatre in Mendenhall. These movies are free for students! It makes for a great and inexpensive evening. And the committee also sets up pre-screenings (films that are about to come out: you see it first!). The SRC (Student Recreational Center) also provides intramural sports and club sports. If you can think of it, it's probably already at ECU. We even have an intramural hockey team (and for a town that RARELY has a hard winter, that's pretty cool!). And if the Rec Center doesn't offer a sport you like, you're allowed to petition for the creation of the club sport. ECU is very open to accomodating a pleasant student life on campus.

Brunna

The most popular student activity by far is attending football games, every year we get record-breaking attendance. There is also a number of intramural activities for students who like to play sports and meet new people. Also the downtown area is very close to campus and everybody goes to the same general vasinity so it is great for dating. If you like to party there is always a party starting from Thursday night to Sunday. There are a numerous number of fraternities and sororities but thats not required for any activity. ECU also brings in comedians, theres an annual casino night, and they re always playing new movies at the Hendrix Theater

Shay

There are so many groups on campus to join, so there will be one for every body's interests. most groups have a facebook page and are listed on ECU's OrgSync account, so that tends to be the easiest way to find out about them. Fraternities/sororities seem to be pretty important to those whose parents were in them (it's a southern thing), but I'm not involved in Greek Life at all, so there is no pressure.