Union, MO
East Central College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Central College

Kjia

I believe that East Central is a great starting place. You get the education you need with paying only a fraction of what a four-year school costs. There are a variety of clubs and organizations to get involved with. I highly recommend it to those who are in district and looking for a way to save money on schooling.

Lindsey

East Central is a great college to start off at, it is very clean and well maintained, the staff are almost always available and willing to help, and the classes are fairly educational. The downsides of this college are there are not many extra-curriculars that are offered outside of the classroom. There are only three sports on campus! I think it would be much better if there were more activities offered.

Great teachers. Small classes. Makes the learning environment better such as teachers are able to spent time going over things with indeviduals. Very happy with my experience thus far. Even though it is a community college the classes are tough making leg better and harder working students

Adam

A nice economical way to get a AA degree or credits to transfer to a larger 4 year school. They've recently added on since I left allowing more space for classrooms. The administration can be problematic at times and less then co-operative. Most of the teachers are knowledgeable and I still use a fair amount of what I learned on a regular basis.

William

This school accepted the Missouri A+ scholarship which made it unique from other colleges in the state.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior I would tell myself to go straight to the four year universityinstead of beginning at community college. I would also tell myself to create better study habits so that I could have boosted my GPA earlier. Knowing about my current college life and what I could've done differently, I would also tell myself that study groups aren't always the best way to get your work done because they can be distracting and can slow you down in certain situations.

Someon who is looking for cheap and basic courses. Nothing more.

Hey, High School Self! You are taking it pretty easy during this final semester, so enjoy it while you can! You haven't really ever needed to study so you're really going to have to work at it if you want to make better grades! Studying tips; highlight whatever the teacher points out in your book, go through the chapters and make your own notes, make flash cards, reward yourself with a short break for answering a group of questions correctly, and just keep reading your notes. Aside from the new comcept of studying, you will be awakened to the harsh realities of the world around you. High school is one big bubble, so make sure you emotionally prepare yourself. You don't have many friends going to the same school as you so take advantage of that first week of classes! During the first week there is no shame in meeting someone and adding them on Facebook when you get back to your dorm, haha. And make sure you talk to those fun girls in GEP. Get a head start on your friendships with them, they are wonderful people. Also, TRY TO ENJOY YOURSELF AND YOUR EDUCATION!!

The worst thing about the Rolla branch of East Central College is the lack of Liberal Arts classes.

Really anyone could attend East Central College. The teachers are wonderful, so even though it is a small school, you would be recieving a good education!

Tim

The unique thing about my school compared to other schools that I have considered is the other students who are also attending. They are extreamly nice, not saying other schools have mean students. What I am saying is that everyone gets along with each other and there are no crimes or confrontations. It is really easy to make friends with people no matter who you are or what you like to do.

First of all I would tell myself to enroll in the A+ program we had. Second I would have myself consider taking and paying for the college credit classes offered at my school. It is a lot cheaper, then it is going to be later. Other then that I feel that the choices that I have already made and the classes that I have taken before college has prepared me pretty well. I only feel that I missed out on oppourtuniteis that could lead towards scholarship money. I also feel I missed out on the chance to not only get a good expereicne of a college level class but I would also had the oppurtunity to pay for it less. That is what I would tell myself my senior year if I had the chance to.

The thing that I consider worse about my school is the overal spirit towards the school. It is more of a place for learning and that is it. There doesn't seem to be much pride for the school. Also when there are events around school people blow them off and don't even seem to care or even notice to them. This makes for a very boring campus life.

Michelle

East Central College is unique in that everyone is friendly and it is a small campus. There are not many people that you see on campus that you do not already know, or are soon to know. Since the campus is so small it gives you time to interact with many of the other students and develop deeper relationships. The teachers also have time to assist you with questions and one on one help.

As I wake up, dreading to go to class, lugging my books and body into the car, off to school I go. This is how I felt many mornings on my way to High School, senior year I was just so ready to be done, only with college lurking around the corner though. "You know this is the easy part," and "you'll see one day," were some very common things I heard from my mom, and aunt, who was a teacher at my high school. Well I should have listened, I wish I could go back and tell myself, and make myself realize, everything that my elders had told me. Study hard, don't procrastinate, take your time, ask questions, and the list goes on and on.

I really wish I would have listened to my mom. Study hard and take an extra effort, such as dual enrollment classes, but of course I did not listen. If I could have realized the importance of why I was in a class before I started college I think I would have been more prepared to go to class, soon enough I figured that not attending or even not paying enough attention would be enough to fail you, unlike in high school. As I have figured this out, very quickly, college has been much more enjoyable and less overwhelming.

Beau

The unique thing about the school I am currently attending is how helpfull they are. They understand that their community college is a stepping stone to a larger college. They really assist with tuition costs, advising with classes, and helping you get financial help and anything else needed from your next college. Next year I am transferring to the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO, and that college is much more difficult getting help from. You become a small fish in the ocean.

The advice I would give myself is too forget about high school life, how people think of you and the usually high school drama. When you move off to college, nothing really matters from high school. Yes, you keep your closest friends, mainly if they stay in the area, and you will have some friends that will go to the same university as you, which is important to find out before hand to keep close relations with people that you feel comfertable with there, but whats mostly important is preparing yourself for the next big step. You will meet new best friends, deal with very tought school work, that will be like have a job, and also have to handle your newly aquired independence, which includes new financial needs. I wish I would have told myself to just work work work and save save save for when it matters the most, to make life 5 times easier in college. I am transferring to a very large university next year, and before I'm even there living and figuring ways to pay for my weekly food and groceries, I'm trying to find ways to pay tuition.

I wish I would have known that preparing a financial plan is the most important part of college. Keeping up with school work is tought, but being able to pay for it is tougher. High school talks about the work you will be doing in college, some even tell you the student life to prepare for, but not many teachers mentally prep you for being financially stable. It costs a lot of money to pay for college, and then to live daily off money that you have. Pre-plan a financial plan, work, savings, etc..

Carissa

The advice that I would give myself if I could go back to when I was a senior in High School would have to be to not procrastinate. To get everything done early so I wouldn?t be stressing and in a rush to get whatever it would be done. To pace myself so I will have time to make it the best work I possibly can.

The best thing about East Central would have to be the teachers. They are all very helpfull. They want to help you both in the classroom and out. They understand that life goes on and things happen but push you to succeed. East Central is also flexable on schedules and have many options available like online classes and clubs.

East Central is a great college. Their is no kind of person that shouldn't attend this school. They have day, evening, and night classes. Wether you work in the morning or night, this is a great school.

East Central College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.