East Los Angeles College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for East Los Angeles College

Alexandra

If I could say one thing in this world it would be “Never show Weakness”. We live in a very tough society where women are frequently judged due to selfish motivations. Men in the day of today see the female gender as inferior to men. Men believe that women are incapable of working in certain job fields because, for example, women are not usually seen to be working on a construction site or to be an electrician. It is mostly seen that men fulfill those jobs and there are not many women who apply. Most women can’t take upon an open opportunity to take on an all-male job. If you could say one thing to the entire world at once, it would be to never show weakness. For reasons such as any woman are allowed and capable of doing an all-male job. Men do not have the right to see right through women to believe that we are the weaker sex and are not capable of achieving the job. Anyone who believes and shows hardworking dedication in certain things, any course in life that comes upon a person, anyone is capable of completing. This quote also can be taken in an emotional matter. No matter how much a person goes through in life, there is always a good of the day of tomorrow. The day that went wrong will not stay the same. Never show weakness around other people because that informs them that it is working to hurt a person. I would say to never show weakness because this saying can be learned for so much.

Diana

East Los Angeles is a good school. It campus is clean and there always activity happening around. Everyone around is very friendly and helpful if you ask for help. There always students coming in and out of classrooms. in the morning there students walking in to class in the evening that when there alot more students. but overall elac is a good campus and it has a nice view. the grass is green and so pretty.

Roberto

East Los Angeles College (ELAC) has been extremely helpful to getting my life back on track. The students, teachers, and counselors are very welcoming as soon as you set foot on campus. Nobody thinks they're better than another because we all share the same stories in a way. ELAC has helped me get my life together, the people and professors have been a big influence on my return back to college and i wouldn't have chosen another campus. Picking ELAC was the best choice I have ever made and have not looked back since.

kacey

My overall opinion of ELAC is that it is a good college for someone who does not live far from the areas. The students, Professors and Staff are great like if you need extra help in class most professors have office hours which you can visit the professor. The school offers many different clubs, sports, facilities and more.

This school isn't bad overall. Their financial aid department is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY RUDE AND UNHELPFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The resources are pretty good. They have anatomy models in the Learning center which are helpful. They offer a good amount classes at several different times which is good. Overall the school is pretty good.

Kevin

It is a very good school. Their programs are actually pretty cool. I use to think groups and clubs were lame and uninteresting but ELAC has shown me you can make a bond and even a family with clubs. The people you meet at ELAC like counselors and mentors help you out so much because they understand your situation and want to help. I learned a lot from people I met at ELAC thanks to clubs and teachers and the community in general.

Jacob

It is a very wonderful school to get a second chance in our education. The professors and faculty are there to help us succeed in our lives. There is a wide array of disciplines presented at the school. The activities and school spirit is obvious as there are different events taking place all the time.

Nathan

it is good campus to make sure every students can obtain equal educational opportunities. this is a diversity campus, there are a lot students from various cultures and we live well and cooperate with each other in the classroom. In this campus, you can find almost everything you need to prepare for your future careers. And facilities are kind and inspiring.

SAMUEL

East Los Angeles College is a huge community college with a lot of help if your willing to find it, they offer a large number of courses and have a lot of open classes even up to registration deadlines. I think many people are unaware of the size of the campus and our hesitant to register because of the shabby facilities prior to its renovation. I encourage anyone trying to start college or looking into transferring from a smaller college to look at ELAC as an option. They have a great group of counselors that truly help you and a great variety of programs that assist you financially and in your studies. As long as your willing to put the effort into setting up appointments and actually putting in the work you will probably find this college beneficial to your future ambitions.

William

East Los Angeles College is an extraordinary and quite underrated community college in my community. Since my admission and process of transferring has begun I have found no qualms with the institution. The community is supportive, the professors are out to ensure success for their students, the students are there to work and obtain a better livelihood despite the struggles they come across. If a person were to find herself/himself attending a community college I would high recommend their consideration for ELAC and the phenomenal programs that has helped my family before and is working to help me.

I absolutely love the campus. Throughout the years I have been at this school, the improvements and construction of new buildings on campus has evolved from a small community college to looking like a four year university. There are many activities on campus for students such as book, job and college fairs. They offer many clubs and sports anyone can join. Overall, I am happy I chose ELAC for my campus to achieve my academic goal.

Jocelyn

Overall they use the resources they have and put them in the departments that need it the most.

kevin

I believe east los angeles is one of the top community colleges in the los angeles county. people come here to learn and teach no one is ever left out. teachers are always getting all the students involved when it comes to teaching. The many different facilities and staff are here to help to any problem you have.

Eva

East Los Angeles College provides an educational opportunity just like the other community colleges in the district, or area. It has provided me with my educational growth and a community that I know will be there for me in times of need. East Los Angeles College has given me the opportunity to be more adventurous in making friends and it has encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone by encouraging me to join clubs and become more active on campus.

Jocelyn

Overall, I think ELAC is a good school. So far i have no regrets in being a student at ELAC. Although the extra curricular activities could be better, I enjoy being a being a part of the volleyball team. We may not win a lot of games but the staff is extremely helpful. As a student- athlete it gets a little difficult to have to go to class and have to go to practice so I really appreciate it when my professors are flexible with their office hours.

Alexis

East Los Angeles College had been like a second home to me, it was amazing to find other students who found the same interests as myself whether it is in academics or outside the classes. The professors in my major courses were just as passionate as the subject as I was, I did not have to force any interaction, the courses just flowed, the conversations were amazing.

Ivan

My overall opinion of East Los Angeles College is that its a good place to start your college life. They provide you with help where you might find yourself whether you're in the restroom, classroom, field, or even lunch area. It's also a friendly area where everyone either knows each other or they just created a good friendship while taking courses together.

Cesar

I truly believe that East Los Angeles College is a great school. It's a great start for those students who wish to take it slow after graduating from high school, and also in order to get ready to transfer to a university. Overall, I've been loving it here ever since I applied!

Guadalupe

Overall this college isn’t so bad. I’ve only been to main campus for on semester. I didn’t get to explore much because a big part of it was going under construction. The teachers I’ve had so far are amazing and they are always available when you need them. I love that this school has two campuses. I love the SG campus, it’s small and everything is close! They also have almost everything there. They are currently working on bringing in rental books to the SG Campus. The only classes they don’t offer are Lab classes because they don’t have lab classrooms. I’ve taken almost all my classes at the SG Campus because I love it so much. It’s small and everyone is very friendly and helpful. If you live around the area and is looking for college to attend this is your to go to community college!

Melissa

I am currently still in high school and ELAC is the community college that associates with my district, Alhambra Unified School District. I am currently also a student at ELAC because of a program that is offered for my district, the Early College Program. We have taken multiple field trips to the campus and as students of the college, we have access to all of their facilities. It is a very nice and updated campus. The first time I stepped foot on the campus, I was surprised at how nice it was. I can definitely say that ELAC has a lot more then what would be expected.

Olivia

There's a calmness when walking onto the campus. People mind their own business but still go out of their way to be kind to others. Your classmates will say hi when you walk by. Students wills open doors for you. I like how clean the bathrooms are and how much toilet paper is available. Though sometimes the stalls don't have any toilet paper for days. And classrooms stay dirty for weeks. Like once someone spilled coffee on a desk and it wasn't cleaned for weeks.

Verali

My overall Opinion of East Los Angeles College is that the professors can be helpful depending on the department and major. The staff is very welcoming and helpful but the counselors are not much helpful with helping with choosing your classes and major preparation .

Diane

I really have a had a great experience with all the professors and counselors and I'm really grateful. I have had a lot if my professor go over material and were and are easily accessible in person via email and phone. Professor Cavenaugh in the Administrative Justice department has been a mentor to me , and EOPS counselor Kirk Mihara has also been very helpful in planning my educational goals

Eva

East Los Angeles is a great community college. The academics are good, it's a nice environment and financially affordable. My time being at this college was great. It is an extremely diverse campus and has a friendly atmosphere. The professors here are also available and welcoming. The truly want their students to succeed and push them to better themselves for their futures.

Carlos

I think its a great school to come and get your general education out of the way. Having that diploma would certainly be nice to get a better job that pays well. A double A in anything I'm sure will always be better than minimum. The tuition and fees here are cheap so why not apply and start working on getting that diploma. The grind is always good to have but is not too much here. I recommend it.

East Los Angeles college is a great opportunity college. It’s a big college to meet different people from different places in the Los Angeles country area. I am excited to continue my education at this college. Everything is being remodeled and looks nice to the eye.

Rosario

East Los Angeles College is full of pride and happiness all around, the teachers genuinely care for you and always want to see you succeed. Some students may say it's a bad school, but it all depends on the student, if you're not willing to out in the work, meet people, and get involved then it won't seem good. But, if you do then it'll be some amazing college years and ELAC.

Maria

East Los Angeles or also known as elac is a greatcommunjty college to attend. I never thought I’d like community college but I’m going to be honest I do not regret attending elac because they are so helpful and supportive. This college has so many helpful resources for the students that is so amazing.

Leopoldo

I think East Los Angeles College is a pretty good Community College if you are a new student that just barely started college because you get to experience things without making mistakes that could be risky. It's a small campus, lots of teachers are very nice

Angie

I love ELAC, I am going to prefer it much more than a university due to having many opportunities and programs that help the students to succeed and feel wanted. The staff is friendly and ready to lend a helpimg hand. It's crowded around 12 pm to 3 pm, other than that, I enjoy every aspect to East Los Angeles College.

Cindy

Great professors, okay food options, very studious library, and very tight knit considering it is a community college. Once you begin to get involved, the campus feels even smaller because you see the same faces in many of the clubs and extracurricular activities you participate in.

Carlos

The school has clean facilities. ELAC is very diverse. I haven't had time to talk to any of my professors, which I will do soon. The library is nice, very comfortable to be in. Class sizes are just a bit larger than I prefer, but nothing too bad. Overall, the school is good.

Jessy

Its a beautiful campus. Professors are amazing but some do have flaws. Safety in the bathroom is a concern. Students seem mature, area is clean. Janitors may be aggressive at times. People whom work at the main office often sound moody. Overall this campus is beautiful and gives much to students, but some staff seem unable to properly handle job. Resources are plentiful.

LaCole

I’m quickly learning how very well connected to the community this school is. And is a very diverse crowd there are an abundance of all races here my favorite part about this place. I’ve definitely expanded my cultural competency here and the teachers very open and welcoming.