East Stroudsburg, PA
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

Gregory

Most of my classmates only take my classes because they are GE, while they are my core classes, so all-in-all, they are very annoying.

Apply early to alot of colleges and make sure to visit each one of them before you make your decision. This will affect you for the rest of your life! If a college is willing to give you grants and scholarships to attend their school, then they must really want you. Also plan ahead your finances so you are not worrying in the future.

I do not brag about this school. Why would I? I only came here after I transferred from a private school; after changing my major. The only thing I would brag about if I did, would be the people I have met since coming here. They are the best!

I would tell parents and/or students to sit down together and write a list of everything the student wants out of higher education. After making that list it will be easier to find the perfect school by using that checklist as a guide when visiting potential universities. This will ensure that both of you are getting exactly what you want. For example, my mom was worried about safety and I wanted a small, inexpensive school. My university is the second safest in Pennsylvania and it takes me five minutes at the most to walk from one end of campus to the other. Students: GET INVOLVED as a freshman! I cannot stress how intrinsically and extrinsically rewarding joining campus clubs will be...and being well rounded puts you ahead of your competition once you graduate and apply for a job.

I wish I would have known that there is a cap on how much a student is able to take out as far as student loans go. I would have lived at home and commuted to a different college to save on money. I went here because I thought I could make it through on loans. I also wish I would have known there was going to be an economic crisis. Then I DEFINITELY would have commuted to a different college from home.

Someone who does not want to live in an urban setting. Someone who wants to avoid a large number of students in general education classes. Someone who wants a small campus. Someone who enjoys cultural diversity. Someone who would like to be part of the surrounding community. Someone who is planning to major in Sports Medicine, Liberal Arts, Hotel Restaurant Tourism Management, or Education, as they are the most popular majors.

The advice I would give to parents and students about finding the right college would be to not settle on the basis of money. While I realize that some schools may be very expensive and well out of the budget of many families, I do not believe you should attend a school that will cost you less, but will not challenge you as a student and as a person. I think the best advice I was given, but foolishly did not take, was to attend a community college for 2 years before going on to a 4 year school to complete my degree. Had I done this, I would have saved myself a great deal of money and probably would have received a better education in my liberal art subjects.

I wish I had a clearer idea of what I wanted to study before choosing East Stroudsburg. I originally began as an education major, which ESU has quite a good program for, and switched to Recreation early on in my freshman year. I would not have chosen ESU had I known I wanted to become involved in Recreation and now in Tourism and Hotel Management.

The scheduling. Classes were scheduled three days per week and it was difficult to devise a schedule that was convenient. This was especially frustrating for me as a commuter student because there would be days that I had 3 or 4 hour breaks between classes.

Allison

Everyone at ESU is pretty outgoing, friendly, and very diverse.

Everyone at ESU is pretty outgoing, friendly, and very diverse.

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. And then go visit the college you think you really want to go to.

The worst thing about East Stroudsburg University is that they are not very organized. Dealing with the financial aid office is worse than contemplating suicide. If you need to have something done financially, you are going to be at their office 4 or 5 times before you actually get something accomplished. They also tend to be very VAGUE on a lot of things.

Christina

ESU is best known for producing elementary teachers and a few "star players" on the football team.

Follow your heart. I went the practical route and went to school in my hometown where I was able to pay less for school by staying at home along with other things. I had a lot of benefits to this but I feel like I grew up too fast. I am completely responsible for my finances and everything at home, so I feel like I never got to enjoy college life. I love everything that I do, but I feel like I never allowed myself to just live for the moment and see where life could really take me. I know I would have had several opportunities in other schools that I will never have here and again, I love every experience I have been fortunate enough to have but I truly feel like there is more out there that I have missed out on. So follow your heart, even if being practical makes more sense, just realize that money comes and goes but your education only has these few moments to mold you. So make the absolute most of it while you can and deal with practicality when the time is right, cherish this young life while you can.

The hypocrisy from administartion and coaches who "want to help" each student. All they do is give you an answer to get you out of their office.

Christine

Perfect for those who like to get to know and hang out with all the people they go to school with.

I would tell them to make sure they actually visit the college before attending because it is all about how you feel at the school. If you do not feel right you will not be able to focus on your school work, or make friends.

The bathrooms in the dorms, especially the showers or the chairs in the library.

East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.