East Stroudsburg, PA
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

Danielle

I had a great experience going away to school to a different environment from what I grew up in. Moving into the mountian and forest area after living on Long Island really was a change I had to adapt to. Most of the friends I made were from Pennsylvania and New Jersey which was different from what I was used to. I have many different perspectives on things now and learned many new traditions even when it came to things like sports. Even though I felt ESU was not the best pick academically I don't think I would ever take back the past 4 years there. I met alot of great people and I think it's extremely important to have friends from all around because you really get a better persepective on life. If I didn't go there I wouldn't be able to go out of my comfort zone and meet new people and learn new things. Going away to school really makes you become independent and ready to take on your own life out there in the world. Change is important to pursue a meaningful and successful life.

I think someone that is looking for a well accredited school or well known school should not attend ESU. Not many people have heard of this school especially from where I live in Long Island. I think I will have more trouble finding a good job since I went to such a unheard of University. Also, if you are interested in Fraternities, Sororities or Sports this school is not too big on those kind of things.

Corinne

East Stroudsburg University is a school that allows for and inspires diversity and accepts all different preferences.

In every school there are different types of students that can range from determined and hardworking students, to students who might have forgotten about their goals; however, I like to associate myself with the students that have the same interests and goals as I do.

Why do people attend college? Most of us want a degree so we can get a good job and earn a great income. Some want more knowledge to get a job doing something that they love and are passionate about. Some just want to socialize with their friends, or they are being pressured by their parents and family to get a degree. In my experience so far, I have been able to work with some of the greatest professors, meet some new people that are different from my normal set of friends, come out of my comfort zone and try new things that I normally would not have tried. Of course it has been valuable in a sense that I will be able to get a better job with a degree, but that is not the most important thing for me. I have been able to learn and study in the areas that I am passionate about, and I know that there will be many more great experiences to come!

Melissa

I have gotten a lot of knowledge about my major and about myself. I have become very confindent in my ability to take charge. From the time I arrived at campus, the school seemed to be working against me. I was scheduled in the wrong classes, my book order never went through, my advisor didn't know what she was doing, and whenever I asked a question nobody seemed ot be able to answer me. From having everything being against me during the year, I have learned how to get past all of that and find my way to the place that I to be. Before comming to college, I would have just gone with the flow and let things just happen, even if thats not what was supposed to happen. Now, I have learned that I need to speak up if i don't like how things are going and change them so that I can get things acomplished the correct way and the way that I want to acomplish them.

I brag about how the campus is the perfect size. In terms of the number of students there are enough for a person to meet all kinds of different people, but not so many that a person will get lost among the crowd. Class sizes are small. My largest class is about 35 or 40 students. I can get any personal attention that i may need. The size of the actual campus itself is awesome too. I don't have to leave 20 minutes before class just so that i arrive on time.

Some of the people who are in the administration. They never really know what is going on. When you try and explain a situation to them they just stand there and look at you like you are not speaking English. They also tend to work at a very relaxed pace which means that somtimes it takes longer to get things done than it should. It is most of the time very frustrating when I have to deal with them.

Timothy

I think the East Stroudsburg University is a well rounded Univeristy that has a lot to offerred to anyone who attends, no matter where you live.

The college experience has given me a chance to grow as an indiviual. College comes with it ups and downs. The ups would be the chance to grow and to become more of an adult. The downs would be that we become more and more responsible for our own actions, be it out or in the classroom. Overall it is an ecperience that should not be missed and is a part of growing up. What we learn during our college years are mini life lesson that we can hold onto to help us succeed in life afterwards.

Any person who wants to experience a caring and knowledgable staff. From the President down to the worker bees everyone on campus is willing to lend a hand and help guide you through you college experience.

Relax. College is not as difficult as everyone makes it seem. The most important concept to keep in mind is that of time management. Believe it or not, it could really make or break your college career. It is easy to make friends because everyone is in the same boat when they first come here. Lastly, the dorms are not as terrible as you may think. Everyone is friendly and the hall is relatively quiet and clean. If you do get a bad roommate, you can switch after two weeks anyway. Good luck, you will do great!!

A person who enjoys smaller classes. Most of the classes have between 25 to 40 people.

They are not very good about communicating certain information about what classes will or will not be offered next semester. The academic advisors do not know anything!!!

Yamu

If I was to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there is so much that I would say to prepare myself for the college life. The first thing i would tell myself is to get into good study habits because when you don't have good study habits once college starts it will be very hard to keep up. The second thing i would tell myself is to become more organized. College is more stressful than you would think when your a high school senior. When your organized it helps you focus more, get assignments done on time, and helps to keep a balance between the academic and social life. The last thing I would tell myself is to make sure I set my goals, and not let anything get in the way of achieveing it. When most people start college they get carried away and let unimportant things take over their academics, but if you have a set goal in your mind and know what you want you will definetly succeed. I would tell myself that being successful and achieving my goals is my main priority.

The worst thing about my school East Stroudsburg University is the lack of public transportation. It is hard to get anywhere around here if you dont have a car. The bus only comes once an hour and there are no trains. So the only thing that you could really do is either walk, take a cab, or get a ride from a friend. Cabs are very expensive around here and the the weather gets really bad sometimes. Public transportation would be easier for many students because they could use it instead of using their car and not having parking.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who isn't used to the city life, and likes a slow paced enviroment. I moved out to East Stroudsburg from New York City and it is a complete 360. A person that is more laid back and likes to do activities such as snow boarding, and likes nature should definetly attend this school. They would love it.

Kayshia

If I was allowed to go back in time and tell myself what I know now, I would supply myself with the knowledge of taking my SAT's again. I had gotten satisfactory scores but had only taken them once and I know I could have done better. I would have told myself to have visited other colleges. I was accepted to Wilkes, Albright, and East Stroudsburg, but had only visited ESU and settled because I was happy. I still happy, but you sometimes often wonder if things could have been different and/or better. I would have told myself to find more scholarships than I had applied for to have additional funds to pay for books. For that, I was not prepared for. I also would have told myself to value adults advice more when it came to choosing schools and finding financial help for myself. I am discovering the reality of real life now and yet it is a beautiful thing; it may very also be a difficult thing. Thank you.

The kind of person who should attend ESU would be someone who is interested in independence and the additional founding discovery of who you are. The school provides a sincere amount of help to make you feel at home, secure, and comforted so you can be a person that comes to college, earns good grades, makes great friends, and finds a home.

I brag to my friends about how I call school at ESU my home rather than the permanent home I have always lived in. I am looking forward to an apartment that I can get into that is part of ESU's campus and it is just beautiful. I brag about living there, hopefully, next year. I also brag about the friends I have made. I feel like they are more long term friendships than any friends I have made before. There is almost little to no drama at ESU, also, which is a very good thing.

BriAnna

My classmates are goal oriented and willing to take the risk in order to be successful.

College life is much different than high school in many ways. If i could talk to myself as a high school senior i would convince myself that a social life in college is essential and something that you must work at from the beginning. If you do not meet people within the first week, it only gets harder. You have to put yourself out there because in the beginning nobody knows anyone which makes it much easier. If i would have had someone tell me about this drawback prior to my first semester of college, i would have had a more social first semester. College is nothing like high school, especially if you're dorming. So to my future college self, work everyday at making friends and building a social life. At the end of everyday they will be the ones there for you while you are miles away from home.

East Stroudsburg University is a great campus. The students are friendly and welcoming and there is always something going on. I believe this is essential because it gives students the chance to meet a variety of people. When there is always something going on, one can always have fun when not doing work.

East Stroudsburg University has a high student enrollement of Education majors, also students who particapate in extra activities. Such as student government, orientation leaders, and Resident Advisors.

Every other day I wish I was given the opportunity to go back in time with the knowledge that I know now and change what I did in order to have a better college as well as life experience today. In high school I did very well, however my freshman year I was not aware of certain things that would benefit me in the long run. For example I was advised to take the minimum about of credits as a freshman, not knowing that I could take more and was able to take more because I have a lot of spare time on my hands. Also I was not advised to drop courses that I was not doing well in, with harmed my GPA in the long run. Another example would be me taking my course work more seriously. High school is a totally different environment compared to college. In high school you are able to goof around and still get good grades, not in college. My freshman year I did not goof-off but I did not put my heart and soul in courses. I learned afterwards that professors will not pass you just because you show up everyday.

I have always wished that some how I could go back in time with the knowledge that I know now and change a few things around. East Stroudsburg University is a good school, at the same time its the effort that you put into your school work that counts. As a freshman I wish that I knew more about how many credits to take, as well as taking courses a lot more seriously. However I was able to learn from my mistakes and get in touch with the right people who were able to guide me in the right direction.

Lisa

Take advantage of every opportunity that is provided to you. Do not take things for granted. Be thankful for what has been given to you. Work hard, and study hard. Live life and love life. Make friends, and be involved. Make the best of your time while you can. Love your family and love your friends. Cherish every moment of sport and value your talents.

The amount of volunteer opportunities. I would have liked to be prepared more.

East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.