East Stroudsburg, PA
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

Kristen

Buckle down as soon as possible. Learn to use your time wisely, and how to manage time well.

Any kind of person could fit well in this school, there is a diverse variety of people that attend.

Diana

My classmates are friendly, engagine, and are always willing to lend a hand.

My classmates are friendly, engagine, and are always willing to lend a hand.

This school is just the right size for me, it's not too large and not too small. Where it is situated makes for an easier time to get to stores and shopping centers. At the same time, it is surounded by a unique and beautiful scenery that nowhere else can offer.

If I were to go back in time to visit myself as a high school senior, I would say that it is important to remain focused on school. However, that does not mean that a social life should be non-existant. It just means that using time wisely is very beneficial. I would also tell my past self to be careful of new friends as well as old ones. Lastly, I would tell myself to just take in the whole college experience because it is worthwhile.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to apply to East Stroudsburg University first! I am a transfer student from another university where my freshman experience was unsatisfactory. I would tell myself that ESU is a perfect place for an education major. I would also tell myself to be very prepared to work and be an organized student. Also communication with professors and advisors is the key to a successful college experience.

It has a very good education program and a good social life.

The advice I would give myself is simple. Look, don't go jumping into the dream of performing that you think you have because it's not realistic. You should really think of your other options and challenge yourself academically both now in High School and starting the first semester in college. Really think about your college choices and pick the one that can offer the greatest academic challenge, because you will rise up to it. And most of all, don't be scared to find yourself. Going away from home or staying at home doesn't matter, it's what you do with your time and with yourself and others that will help you realize exactly what you're made of and who you are. Trust in yourself, because no matter what adversity you face--no matter how big or small--you will pull through triumphant. And if not, you will simply get up, brush yourself off and try it again. Cherish these days because they're already going by too quickly.

What exactly the college I originally decided to go to was like. You should really find out what the people and classes are like before you make your decision because transferring is not an easy task. Stay over night if the college allows you to and maybe attend a few classes so that you can get a feel for what the school is about. Had i done that, I wouldn't have wasted a year. And don't worry about making friends. Everyone is in the same boat as a freshman. Friends will always come no matter what.

The worst thing about my school is the parking issue. The parking on campus is not exactly limited, but the permits given out to students seem like far too many. Many kids live within walking distance to the college, yet drive every day and take up spaces for people like me who live 20 minutes away. I think that permits should be given based upon distance to the college and then everything else would be by special appeal and permission. That would save so many people time and a lot of stress and frustration.

Diana

Make sure that you are open to new ideas. It's important to socialize with new people instead of just staying around the people from high school. Make new friends and develop healthy relationships. Step outside of your comfort zone every once in a while to experience new things. If you need help with school, the professors are very willing to help. Have a healthy social life yet remain focused on school because it is very easy to fall behind. Just have a goal in mind and use your time wisely.

The food in the cafeteria sometimes. The caf has its good days but there are times when I left still feeling hungry because I couldn't eat the food that was prepared.

I brag about how the professors are very approachable. I also brag about some of the activities that are put on like concerts and trips. The school isn't very big so that makes it more of an intimate setting which I prefer over a larger school too.

Courtney

My school is not too big, not too small; not too boring, but not too overwhelming; not too challenging, but not too easy. It's perfect for me.

Don't just flock straight towards the big, typical schools, make sure you list what YOU want in a college and what you would feel most comfortable with and then narrow it down from there. Once you get to college don't just follow...be a leader and do what you want to do, making sure you're having fun while still focusing on your education. Everything happens for a reason so don't fret if you make mistakes, just learn from them and learn from yourself and others and you'll be okay. :)

Sometimes they can be very disorganized, and often they don't inform the students on time about important things, if at all.

Jacquelyn

My advice would be that its important to save early and take the steps you need to in order to pay for college. It is a fantastic part of a young woman or mans life and it'd be a shame to miss out on it because of finances.

It is an easy going environment. I found it easy to make friends and find my way around campus for the first time. Proffessors are very nice and are concerned with the students well-being. They truly believe in the overall understanding of the students in their classes.

One thing that is very loveable about East stroudsburg University is the area, people, professors etc... ESU has tons of unique things about the best is the area. Anything you need is in that area, Food, shopping, amusement, Nature, hospitals etc... No matter what you need you can find it at ESU.

The best advice I would give to parents is to be there for their son/daughter. If they feel at home, let them. Picking a school and feeling like you fit in is very important and is very hard to make a desicion when you have parents with high expectations. Parents should be open to visiting as many colleges as the son/daughter wants to see, getting a good look at all the different colleges and the options available is Great! The fund rasiers at colleges are great as well, I really enjoyed getting treats and goody baskets by suprise. I think most importanly you should be their for your child as they make their journey to college, be open and understanding that's what really makes us(students) feel great!

In my point of view I think that my school is the best, because students don't have to worry about what they look like, what they are wearing, what color they are etc... Everyone gets along with eachother and works well together. The professors are amazing, I can always go to them for help no matter what time of day it is, and they are always open to help me. There are so many resources available, and places to go for help. I love the campus, and the area. All and all it is a wonderful place to be.

Phoebe

Don't be discouraged if you don't make it into the first school of your choice- there's usually a good reason for it. Also, pick your school based on excellence in your major, not for the social aspects. Once you have academic success, everything else will fall into place.

The ecclectic mix of people that go there make ESU a vibrant place to study and live.

A person who is very academically competitive would not do well at East Stroudsburg because professors and instructors are interested in each student's personal gains, as opposed to the whole community's standing.

Kaitlyn

I advise parents and students to look at every aspect of the schools they are interested in. Look at the academics, advisors, athletics, weekend activities, job opportunity as well as the local area and financial aspect of the school. Every aspect of the school is important to the student and how you will fit in and enjoy your time there as well as succeed.

There is not one type of person who should or should not attend this school. This school is very diverse and welcomes any type of person, religion, origin or background. This school is located by ski resorts a lot of outside activity areas, so being a type of person who likes the outdoors would be a plus while attending this school, but yet again this school is very diverse.

East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.