East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania

Colleen

So far, the school is fantastic! Everyone is really nice and helpful. There is always something going on around campus, and plenty of opportunities to get involved! The professors are all incredibly open and helpful, and you can tell the faculty and staff care about the students.

Hi Iam a current computer science student in this college and I will be very honest with you people what kind of college is this. Professor here are biased and will not clear you easily and most of the time you would have to repeat the subjects because this college is short of money and has no reputation. This college has no extra subjects to learn and no specialization. But you have to have a strong background in coding. Also, international professor from korea or China will kill you and fail you everytime and you will forced to take undergrad class. No help is provided and they keep reading slides and don't care if you understand or not. They want Assignments, homeworks and Midterm and final to have superb score. This college is not at all easy and professor are the worst. Hate this college.

Janiyah

East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania is a pretty decent school. There are always events going on campus to keep you involved and to ensure that you aren’t bored. Professors are always available to help whether it be during class, after class during office hours or by email. Unlike most schools in Pennsylvania ESU isn’t in the middle of nowhere. We are surrounded by plenty of stores as if we are in the city and it’s all within walking distance.

Alyssa

It's not that bad of a school. Very known for parties which I don't mind and the class sizes are small to medium which is a plus. Professors usually (More times than not) try to learn names of students and very easy going. It's a very diverse school and has a good study abroad program.

Benjamin

I went into this college thinking I would have a horrible time. It was my last choice school, and I grew up in the town, so it was all tired for me. Halfway through my first semester, I'm finding that ESU isn't really all that bad. I could complain about the food and the parking (as a commuter), but you'll get those problems at pretty much any university you go to. What makes ESU nice is that there are so many ways to get involved on campus, and the professors are always there to help you when you need it. The campus is located downtown where most things happen in the Burg, and you'll never run out of things to do on or off campus. In past years, they've made a bunch of cuts in programs like foreign language and music, so unless your intended major is in STEM, I would suggest looking for another school. Although I don't think this is the school for me, ESU could be a great university for others.

I think it is a beautiful campus and there are so many opportunities for people to get involved in campus. The class size aren't too bad either. The professors are very willing to help the students succeed in what they want to do and are usually there during their office hours.

Deja

True story I really hated East Stroudsburg University. However, now my feeling have changed. Successfully completing 2 years, on Dean's List four times with a major in Spanish and minor in Chinese ESU is my home I can't wait to continue my future.

Miranda

Based off of what it is, it's not an awful University. There could be more substance in the art department, since they are novice compared to art focused universities. There needs to be more organization; the only way I hear of information is by word of mouth and by my job. There are plenty of events on campus, but there is little turn out. The campus is struggling to become engaging as a whole. The majority is focused on either relaxing or maintaining decent grades.

Praise

I love their academic aspects. I am a criminal justice major with a minor in political science. What i'v noticed is that the faculty in my department are very helpful they always are there if you need help, but the student life could be better they should consider getting more Greek life and better food. the professors are great. overall it's not a bad school. They are determines to put the students first.

Briana

This is the absolute worst college I have ever been to. I lived off campus but right across the street, it was practically on campus. Nobody took the school work seriously, it was all about partying every night of the week. My first week of classes someone got shot in front of my house going home from a party. ESU offers a list of verified off-campus housing and that was where I found my apartment, and my landlord ended up robbing me, and come to find out she was illegally renting to me. Overall experience was terrible. I was in the hospital for a week and missed classes and my teacher would not accept my absentee notice from the hospital.

Lisa

Has great people, teachers, administrators, counselors, and food! I've lived in East stroudsburg almost my whole life and if esu offered my major, I would have definitely enrolled. Great school!

Diana

Not a bad school

Sadie

I really like the small atmosphere and classroom sizes. I am an aventurous student who loves he out doors. It is a beautiful green campus with mountains all around and a nice Main Street with good food and bars. I truly believe our school is making an impact on diversity and trying to include everyone. Students are not afraid to speak their voices. Our school even has debate nights for students and facility to express their concerns and comments with each other.

Kaisy

I have visited the beautiful campus for open house, and student reception, I love it very much. I agree that East Stroudsburg University is a well-rounded University, I adore it! The food, the lively-students who are always happy to help, and the nice people there. It has always been my most number one University to attend, my top choice. I am really happy and grateful to be an incoming Freshman and I will graduate as an East Stroudsburg Alumni.

Jacquelyn

I loved my time at ESU. My class size was usually between 20-25 students. There was all types of students from new HS graduates to Adult students. The professors were always so helpful and available to help. I was active in the Greek Community and Dorm Event Board. There was a lot of community events that take place throughout the year on campus like Community on the Quad, Dorm Events, and Special Olympics. You can get a variety of food and sandwiches or wraps by going to the Union. There are a lot of quiet places and labs to get your work done or participate in group projects. I made a ton of friends and had the time of my life at ESU. I cried endlessly through graduation and was devastated to leave.

Sabir

Good school!

ESU is an great college to attend. If you are more of a country person who likes rural areas, as well as colorful trees, then this would be a great choice. There are different class sizes, some classes are larger with about 150 students and are taught in lecture halls. Other classes are smaller, with about 40 students and are taught in classrooms. The campus is so diverse and everyone is very kind to one another. I don’t really have any complaints about ESU, I am happy with my advisor because he is extremely helpful, and the professors are great at giving you the materials you need in order to do well in their class.

Gillian

My overall opinion of East Stroudsburg Iniversity is that it is alright. The campus does have its issues such as security, teacher attendance,and the surrounding community. There have been a few security issues that were not made public to students by the school until after all the students had found out from social media. I am aware that they are trying to fix this issue, but I believe there still have been issues with the school not telling the students about any dangerous occurances in the surrounding community. Another issue is the attendance of some teachers. This is not universal to the teachers, there are a few that I have enountered that make a habit of canceling classes to the point of having to get in touch with the board. All of this being said it is overall a good school and has a majority of good teachers.

PhePhe

A lush, green campus with a plethora of plant life and views of rolling hills. Came here for a open house and enjoyed the dormitories, the dining options, and the meeting facilities. The campus has been updated in recent years with several new dormitories, parking lots, and athletic fields.

Deairra

East Stroudsburg University is a home away from home for me. I am freshman in my second semester and I couldn't be happier to attend ESU again in the fall. ESU is a pretty campus and it's not too big and not to small. The size is just right for people who are looking for a home type of feel school. Classes are easy as well. ESU is a home for me and I hope it can be for you too. Just take the first step, and research the website and schedule a tour to see the campus, college life and student life that ESU has to offer. You won't regret it!

Raymond

I am currently a student and an athlete at Eastbound Stroudsburg University. I play tennis during my season and work out when it's off season. So far, what I enjoyed the most from ESU is how diverse it is. Although I've only been here for a short amount of time, I've grown and always looking for ways to improve my life. I'm currently juggling my life in school and out of my classes. I've met so many people, to the point I just forget some names. They are so open minded and accepting. This is definitely the school you or live one would like to be!

Cassidy

ESU can be your home, if you're willing to be apart of it. There is always something happening on campus. Whether it's a sporting event, free hot dogs, or a parade down Normal Street, ESU keeps their students engaged, happy, and informed. ESU is the home of the Warriors, and Warriors, we are.

Erin

Since it it still my freshman year I have much to see and do. But I can say that i am extremely happy with my choice of universities. It's a welcoming community that we are in and the students look out for one and other. The campus isn't overwhelming and all the building are within walking distance. The food and local shopping are good, plus ther are plenty of activities in area.

Destiny

It's a pretty good school, however I did not entirely enjoy my first semester because there was not a lot to do, such as activities to join. My second semester is a bit better since I joined dance and modeling team. I would like for campus security to be more visible since a major incident took place on our campus involving kids from another school. My professors are great and I enjoy going to class.

Tom

I love ESU because it is a very unique campus that allows you to pursue any path that you want to take and have the available help you need to become successful. ESU gives student that mind blowing experience that lets them enjoy anything either on or off campus!

Alexander

It is very central with a great location the facilities are very helpful and the housings are clean and secure with the shopping center being within 5 miles and Walmart being within 1 mile it is extremely convenient to get supplies and to get places for some down time the programs and after school activities being helpful it is a wonderful school

Dana

I never thought of attending ESU until a friend of mine who graduated a year ahead of me returned back to high school to attend a basketball game and shared with me how much he loved the school. Of my many friends who attended colleges all over the world, hearing about ESU appealed to me. I just knew that if I chose ESU I would be accepted and have all my dreams come true. When I pictured going to college it would make me feel uncomfortable having to leave home and leave my parents , family and friends. I grew up an only child and having family was always important to me. While I played sports in college and basketball was my life, I imagined getting a college scholarship for basketball and attending a college far away from home. While this was my dream, I feared going far away to college. When my friends shared that they attended ESU and how close to home it was I thought of applying to ESU. I wasted no time applying and this one time I did not share with my parent my plans to apply to ESU. I thought about the many times my mother told me if I wanted something in life or needed something to happen in my life to pray and watch God answer my prayers. Well, I started praying and praying every night. I didn't tell my mother that I applied until I finished taking my SAT's and sent the score to ESU. I eventually , shared with my school counselor and finally my mother. I was so relieved to hear that my mother was in agreement with my choice to attend ESU. When I sat down and talked to my mother she looked up ESU and read about the college's history and current events. My mother responded to me that she was in agreement with me attending ESU and how she was so pleased to see that I made a choice on my own that was definitely a winner. After visiting ESU along with my mother for an orientation, we have both been bragging about the college from the beautiful grounds and location, it's safe campus, to the awesome degree programs, friendly students, staff, and faculty. I definitely could see myself attending ESU, the campus was nice and the people made me feel so welcome and at home. I told my mother that ESU reminds me of my high school where it was a nice size and I was very well known for my sports presence and peer relationships. I can definitely see myself at ESU being accepted for who I am, making friends, participating in activities, establishing relationships with my professors, exceeding well academically, and most of all learning life's lessons from this college experience. My mother told me about her college experience and how it shaped her life. She constantly reminds me how the experiences I have in college will tremendously shape my life from learning new things, meeting new people, and experiencing life growing up without my parents presence. I shared with my mother that while I will be away from home and on my own, ESU is the place that I know will make a difference in my life. We both agreed that ESU will impact every aspect of my life and we both agreed that we couldn't imagine having it any other way.

derya

I believe this a great school and I love the atmosphere. I believe I can truly succeed here.

Alanna

I think East Stroudsburg University is an overall awesome school. The classes that I have taken so far have been very beneficial and the professors do a great job at teaching the courses. The only bad thing about this university is probably the food. There aren't a ton of options, but there is still plenty to choose from. I would definitely recommend ESU to any high school student!

Chantel

I really do love my school. When I first took a tour here, I loved the campus, the atmosphere, and everything about the school. I currently attend ESU, and I've never considered transferring. Most of the students are motivated to learn, there are so many clubs and events on campus every week, and the staff and faculty make sure they meet the needs of every student. ESU is really a great school to attend.

Brianna

Overall ESU is a good school. Not too big but not too small, Big enough to be very diverse but still provide a community like feeling. ESU is not the place to go if you love nightlife, outside of campus. Theres always things to do on the weekends but not much that is away from Campus. Proessor wise, you will find some good and some bad. Overall they want to see you succeed but some just do not care. Class room sizees are pretty nice, alot of your classes would be in rooms kind of like highschool ,more personal. But there are alot of lecture halls as well. Campus life is pretty cool , everyone kind of just does their own thing, lots of clubs and organizations you can join. The housing....horrible, but not as horrible as some other even bigger colleges. Stay in the suites or at the Ridge if you dorm here. Esu is pretty nice if your looking for a college where your a student and not just a number, if you are a focused person and ready for the courseload then esu is good for you.

Autumn

It is a good school with plenty of activities on and off-campus. Faculty is willing to help anytime and I have even gotten help on the weekends. The food is adequate but it has been improving. The housing on campus is being improved every day and adequately prices compared to other schools. The resources on campus are also a big help as we have a mental services and ties to a hospital right next to campus.

jacob

When coming out of college I never thought I would end up at a state college, as I went to a private school instead. After some time off I would go back to college and I picked ESU. At ESU I lived off campus and to my surprise everything was in close distance to the college. There are a lot of restaurants to visit that our exceptional. The school itself is awesome as well. Every teacher I had interacted with so far as been very nice and very concerned for their students well being in helping them achieve their goals. The class sizes are small as well which I appreciate because a teacher can spend more time on questions and one on one discussions instead of having the class sizes of over 100 students. I am very pleased with this college

Donny

In my opinion, East Stroudsburg University is overall a really great college. I am currently a freshman, and I have experienced a great amount of different activities. Besides the campus being very open, there are an abundant amount of outside stores surrounding the college. As far as academics, the curriculum here is very flexible. The classes are large in the amount of students, but most professors have office hours posted for all days of the week. There are many clubs and activities to get involved with. The campus offers plenty of opportunities. I honestly would say that my experience at this college so far as been pretty good. The faculty are very warm and helpful. This university is very welcoming, making students become more comfortable with their experience here! Overall, East Stroudsburg University is a great college!

peter

Enjoy the classes, professors are good, and never feel like I am missing anything, but get bored a lot and none of the clubs are interesting (Went to the computer science club twice and they just rambled about literal nothing, rather than doing some project like a decent club would do) and the dorm I have been in (Linden) can get hot and there is no air conditioning

A

East Stroudsburg University is not for you if you want a bigger school. The class sizes are smaller and the school in general is overall a lot smaller and lesser known than other universities. The school has pretty good sports teams (D2) and the games can be very fun (although not so big on football sorry). There are good and bad professors like any school it's your personal preference. The food sucks but there are some good options you have to just pick what works for you. Greek life is kind of a big deal although smaller because again THE SCHOOL IS SMALL. The parties are super fun and almost any night of the week you can find somewhere to have a good time (especially if you're a member of greek life or know someone who is). There is also a lot of diversity/people from all different cultures.

Julian

It feels amazing to be on campus and just look around and see so many great people having fun! The sports teams are pretty good to watch, always putting up fights to keep the game in check! They have campus police on campus 24/7 to help out around campus if there is anything wrong.

Audrey-Ann

My overall opinion of East Stroudsburg University is pretty good. While there are some things that do need work, I would go back. My experience was pretty good. Academically, the history department had to be the most helpful group of Professors I have encountered in my educational career. However, when I attempted a dual major in Political Science that is where I hit an in pass. My advisor for Political Science was extremely useless. She only helped who she wanted to help. This was very discouraging as I went a few semesters thinking I was getting a dual only to be told that I would have to stay two extra years. The vibe of the college was great. People were very friendly and open to letting anyone join anything. Overall, great college, except for the Political Science department in my eyes.

Madison

The moment I stepped foot on campus it felt like home. East Stroudsburg’s faculty and students all made sure they did whatever they could to make guests feel confident about choosing the school. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and students seem very involved. There are so many things to get involved in and the campus is amazing.

Fatima

East Stroudsburgs University is an amazing 4 year university with a wide diversity of students. There’s always something to do on campus to keep yourself busy. They also have a wide variety of sports and extracurricular activities for students to participate in. I couldn’t have chosen a better school to go to.

Even so the sports scene is superb, and there are state of the art sports facilities, there are great drawbacks overall beyond student academics, with dining service excruciatingly slow, to a general lack of convenient and optimal workspaces for students to form study groups and/or solo study in. In addition, the tutoring center is lackluster at best, plus the professors and general staff atmosphere feels like everyone is either sick, out of it, or running away from certain students for unknown reasons. When you are in the classroom you’ll often get distracted by how many times a fellow student cough or sneezes, so there seems to be a notable pollutant, toxin, or allergens in the air system on this campus. As a current senior at another college, even so the Chemistry department is great at ESU, you’d rather just take it as a non-degree student. Unless if you can’t afford college elsewhere, I recommend tread carefully when finalizing ESU as your college of choice.

Daeshawn

East Stroudsburg has a nice campus and the classes I have taken so far have been worthwhile. There are always chances to meet new people and everything is easy to find on campus and within walking distance. I really like sports and ESU offers many options whether it is competitively or recreationally to play sports. ESU has a fully equipped gym and nice indoor basketball courts. I would recommend ESU to my friends.