Johnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Tennessee State University

Adam

My school is best known for its computer science program. Many students that graduate from East Tennessee State University with a degree in computer science have a leg up on many graduates from other universities. In a nation where the job market has been saturated with computer science majors, East Tennessee State University has been able to continue to produce graduates who go to work for gaming companies, big-name software companies, and even movie giants such as Disney Pixar.

Adam, I know you want to get a "real college experience" and this is your chance to go somewhere big, away from the smalltown boredom. Trust me on this; you do not need to attend a huge school to enjoy college. Please take school seriously. Playing hacky-sack in the courtyard will not benefit you in any way. You are an extrovert, I know, but there will always be time to socialize. When there is classwork to study, do it. If you do not hold it together in this first year, you will waste every bit of money awarded to you and spend the following four years recovering from bad academic decisions. Please believe that college is not an experience you can drift through like high school, where good grades come easily. You do not want to waste the beginning of your twenties spinning the proverbial wheels. I implore you, study, and study well. You have the ability, and you should not waste the wonderful mind you have for any length of time only to have to prove your intellingence later. Please invest your time wisely, and you will have few regrets with so much accomplishment.

East Tennessee State University has no football program. To some, a college football program is a major part of the college experience. I, however, attended the University of Tennessee for a year and have decided that I do not get a better education from a football program.

Dmitriy

I have been attending college since my junior year in school. It was pretty scary to start. And this is first thing college taught me - not to be afraid of less known world. I've learned to listen and to hear. I've gained different perspectives, opened my mind to the world of ideas and opinions. College taught me of responsibility and respect, showed me the importance of my environment. And finally college granted me a chance to become an active member of our society.

Bryant

I've gotten a lot of experience in college because I'm always involved within my college. I've experienced what its like to be a Student Government President, Student Ambassador, School Mascot, Glee Club Member, Brother 2 Brother Member, and making a difference in today's society and what we need to do to change it. I've expereienced the ups and down of passing and falling classes and how it effects my gpa. There's so much I gained from Mountain View, that I'm glad I went there. I attended Mountain View due to the fact that it is a community college. Plus, the fact that I am getting my Associates in Arts degree, and it is a step towards my goal as a Musician/Actor. But, I plan on transferring and getting a Bacholars degree to pursue it even more.

Stephen

In just the year and a half in which I have been enrolled at ETSU, I have recieved a vast array of knowledge that will help me greatly with my career one day

That the engineering program is not a real engineering program

Before I went to college, I was exteremely dependent. Now? I'm confident in myself to do just about anything. I don't have to be told to do my homework or go practice. I know now that this is what's going to define my future and I need to do my absolute best to ensure my future will be successful. I've learned the ups and downs of having to be responsible for myself. Since I left for school, I've tried to be completely independent. Of course, my parents help out if I really need it, but I do pretty well on my own. I've learned how to balance school, practice, and work. I've learned to watch how I spend my money so I know I'll have enough for gas or to pay my phone bill. College has really taught me a lot more than just Chemistry or English. It's helping to prepare me for moving out into the world on my own.

Like I said before, there's really no particular person who should or shouldn't go to ETSU. If the student is looking for a religious affiliated campus, there's tons of religious groups and even a religious sorority you can join to get that feel. If the student is looking for a reasonable price, the school offers a payment plan. You can pay for you're tuition in a couple payments instead of all of it up front. ETSU would definitely be a good home away from home for anybody.

The beauty of ETSU is that anybody could attend this school. There's so many options to choose from, with majors from Biochemistry to Bluegrass or Storytelling! It's not a huge campus, so you feel comfortable ; but it's big enough to get a real college experience and not just "another high school" kind of feel. There's so many activities that go on around campus, it's impossible to not have something to do. I would recommend ETSU to anybody.

Lyndsey

My classmates are mostly open-minded but also crazy at times, and most of them get along great.

My college experience has already taught me a lot. I started out having a terrible first semester and then a terrible first year, but through sheer determination and will, I was able to make it through and continue my college career. I realize now that going through losing my lottery scholarship and having to deal with the thought of dropping out due to money problems has only hardened my resolve to not only be a better student, but it has also hardened my resolve in my choice of becoming a Special Education teacher. Attending college has now become a choice that I refuse to change. I cannot and wil not give up. I am now determined as ever to complete college and to show that even under dogs can come up on top.

Anyone who is wishing to major in digital media, nursing/medicine, international affairs or teaching would be best suited to go to ETSU. Those programs are supposedly really great -especially the nursing programs and teaching programs. If you are looking for a college that is big on sending and recieving students abroad, ETSU is a good choice for you as well.

Jordan

The school is pretty laid back and chill. The students do their thing, whether that is class, work, or party or whatever it is they do.

Very nice and friendly. They made conversation and laughed along when funny things happened.

I'm learning very very slowly. I decided that when i first got to college, I would not spend all my time with my high school classmates that came here with me. Instead, I decided that I would make new friends and acquaintances and I'm glad i made that decision. I have made lifelong friends and I will continue to be their friend and attend their weddings and get togethers if there is any possible way I can do that. I currently live with two of them right now. At first I was in a small group of new freshmen, then I met people through them and then people from my on campus dorm rooms my first two years here and ever since then things have been going pretty well. I'm glad I came to East Tennessee State University.

There are a variety of different flavors of personality types in my classrooms, some are funny and out-going, some are quiet and are happy to help and some just love being in class and learning what we are there to learn!

It's known for it's diversity and community envolvement.

My college experience thus far has been rewarding not only in my professional life but my personal life as well, the road traveled to obtain a degree has a value beyond money or materialistic items. I can truly say that this will be one of the best choices I have and will make in life. One of the biggest reasons that I chose to attent is because my parents unfortunately did not attend college and for them, to see their child on the path to recieve a degree has given them joy words can not describe, they worked hard to provide for me and this is my way of showing them how thankful I am . I also know my degree will give future employers a secure and confident feeling that I have the qualifications to become a vital member to their team and does not quit when times get tough. My college experience is and will be one of my proudest moments in life, it will be something that I hope to pass down to future generations, to show them when a goal is set and hard work is mixed in, anything is possible.

Stephen

My school can be described as a Johnson City hangout for the public.

My school can be described as a Johnson City hangout for the public.

At this school i have learned how college tuitions work and how important it is to stay on top of what is going on with your money. It has been valuable to attend because its your money that you are wasteing if you dont attend.

The worse the about ETSU would have to be the drama that goes on on the campus with the students. Theirs to many fights breaking out and not enough police around to stop it.

East Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.