Johnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Tennessee State University

Maxwell

Plenty of diversity. Most of the students are from Tennessee, but there are some students from out of state. Some transfere students from near by private colleges. Wide range of age groups. There are many traditional age students strait out of high school, and there are also a large quantity of non-traditional students.

I have learned about the philosophy of life's meaning, and schience as it applies to our world. I also have also begun to apply concepts that sharpen my arguments through good research and the actual academic standars to such. My reading skills have been sharpened and I can write even better than I did before.

Once the first morning set of classes has started parking begins to get difficult. Most of the time for classes after about 9 am you have to walk kind of far to get to class. Housing within walking distance of campus is really expensive, but there is plenty of affordable housing relatively close by. I suggest that new freshman (lucky you) park on campus and live on campus to avoid the morning parking lot issue. There is parking right next to the brand new dorms which is filled most of the time monday thru friday by students in the dorms.

michelle

I have gotten an outstanding education out of my college experience thus far. I feel immensely more educated now than I felt when I graduated high school two years ago. I have also gained invaluable friends who will stay with me for a lifetime. These friends have taught me what can not be learned inside a classroom: empathy, solidarity, and human undestanding. College has been a great experience so far, and I feel it has enhanced my view of the world immensely. I am thankful I am able to attend college due to the absolutely priceless experiences, relationships, and knowledge that I have encountered. Everyone should be given the good fortune of attending college due to these priceless opportunities that one is granted throughout their college experience.

paulina

My school is absolutely lovely - the campus is beautiful sitting in between the mountains, yet at the same time in a city where there is plenty to do , and people are always friendly.

The most valuable thing that i have gotten out of my college experience is inspiration. I feel so inspired to make art and do the things i love no matter what. I feel so empowered to continue my studies, and learn as much as I possibly can about my area of concentration. One of the most valuable things is meeting people. Making friends and networking is what leads to success and fulfilling one's passions. To me college is about self-discovery, and i am learning more about myself, and life in general every single day.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the information one might be looking for is hard to find. In the administrative office, graduate students work most of the jobs - and they do not know what they are doing. To get the information needed, a person may have to talk to 10 people before finally recieving what one is looking for.

I have no college experience but I am enrolled into Tarelton State University for the Spring of 2011. I currently have family and friends attending this college, and their experiences, have me looking forward to my time there.

Kelly

When I was looking for a school my senior year I searched all over, I look at very diffrent things but ETSU was very unique compaired to all of them. ETSU is unique because of the location, it looks stuck between the Blue Ridge Mountains. ETSU gained my attention due to having diffrent "schools" it's unique to not just be a school of education but a lot of diffrent "schools". ETSU is also unique because the people are nice, I checked out fifteen schools and none of the other schools were as friendly as ETSU.

I have already got a lot out of my collgeg experience and I have only been here for half of a semester. I have learned so much about people and how they interact. It has been valuable to attend because you learn so much more about people's characteristics than if you were working. Its also vaulable to attend because you learn about yourself and what you are made of and how you are willing to stick up for yourself and how to be your own individual. Thats something you can not learn at home with your parents. You learn good study techniques and way to absorb the information about something you love other than just blow it off. Being in college is vauable to your growth as a person, and not just as book knowledge goes. You might be a good studier but when it comes to learning about your self it takes more than High School to figure that out.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a person that does not like to be social. Everyone at ETSU is very sociable. Another type of person that should not come to ETSU is a person who does not like the Blue Ridge Mountains. ETSU is surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and with that come the mountain weather, ETSU does not get as cold as most of the Blue Ridge Mountains but it still can be chilly. Other than that there is no reason why you shouldn't come to ETSU.

From my college experience so far, I have gotten a feel for what it is really like to communicate with people in the real world. In high school, you have a limited amount of people you can develop experiences with. When I came here, at first I stayed in my little bubble and didn't expand it at all. There is only so long you can keep to yourself with new experiences and new people all around you. Coming to ETSU has made me more responsible and more aware of my surroundings.

This college is quite liberal, but there is a niche for everyone here. There is always so much going on with so many different groups. ETSU is a place for everyone! If you like to be surrounded by people at your school, but not suffocated; this is the school for you. The campus is gorgeous and is great for finding your inspiration.

All of the clubs on campus! There are many christian groups, some catholic ones, LGBTies ( a gay/straight alliance club), Fencing, Quidditch; and if you don't find a club that suits you, you can make your own! The programs here at ETSU are so wonderful. The Communications department is relatively new (in the last 10 years or so) and it is developing quite nicely.

Holly

I have learned a lot academically and socially. I was alway a fairly good student but college has forced me to broden my social life and get involved in campus activities. I learned that in college it is not all about how intelligent you are its about how much effort you put forth and how you handle stress. I have learned alot of trades that I believe will help me in the career world. You can not let stress over take you. Prioritizing is a necessity. The key to surviving college is to get involved. The people you go to school with you will most likely meet later on in life. Just rememeber when you start your freshmen year you are not alone so be friendly and true to yourself.

I believe that ETSU has great dorm rooms. You have a wide selection of on campus living. As a freshmen I was allowed to live anywhere even an apartment. This make the transition from home to college less stressful and more convient. ETSU is also very afordable. Housing was not more than rent for an apartment would be and my dorm has a store located on the second floor this is very convient.

LeighAnne

ETSU is a diverse place that supports and celebrates differences, with incredibily talented professors and a wide range of acedemic choices.

My classmates at ETSU were diverse in many ways; there were older students as well as many ethnically varied students. I loved the atmosphere in the classroom, countless ideas and opinions were offered and it helping me to better understand and appreciate different views. It was condicive to a productive learning environment and often times alot of fun.

My college experienced has afforded me the advantage of meeting many fascinating people, broadening my horizons, and ability to appreciate differences found in us all. Without my education I would not be the well rounded and open minded learner I am today. A college experience is what you make of it; so it?s imperative that you take risks and be open to new ideas. I have had the opportunity to study in China and learn about their culture, politics, and people. This college experience is something I deeply cherish and its value cannot be measured.

Joshua

It is a free and open intellectual refuge.

It is a free and open intellectual refuge.

School is a valuable asset in the learning process. I have obtained am open mind and intellectual compentence. It provides man with a sense of worth and dignity in his/her subject matter of intrest.

This school is practical for any aspiring student.

Cortoria

A Great Sense Of Direction, Self Confidence, And The Drive I Need Is What I've Received From My College Experience. Being In College I've Come To Realize Where I Wanna Go In Life And What I Must Do To Get There. Success Doesn't Come To You, You Have To Knock Down Doors To Get Exactly Where You Would Like To Be In Life And College Has Totally Showed Me That. Knowing That Nothing Can Stand In The Way Of My Success Other Than My Own Failure Is What Gives Me The Confidence To Push Farther. There Are ALWAYS Gonna Be People And/Or Things That Are Gonna Try To Bring Me Down But Because I Know Where I Wanna Be In Life, I Will Not Allow Those Things To Bring Me Down. I Will Continue Along This Road Until I Reach My Goal Of Becoming An Radiology Technician.

East Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.