Johnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Tennessee State University

My classmates are the most beautiful, intelligent, and promising people I could have ever met. They are simply the best people in the world. I came to ETSU not knowing a single sole and I quickly fell in love with all my new Buccaneer friends! I have met people with all kinds of different backgrounds, ethnicity, social classes, and cultures. Attending East Tennessee State University has really made me grow astronomically as a person.

I have grown so much as a person in my two years here at East Tennessee State University. I found the college with luck and it is forever engraved in my heat. From the beautiful campus, knowledgeable professors, and the friendly people the overall experience has been a post card example of a great experience. From the academics to my Federal Work Study position, I have learned so much in and out of the classroom. The programs here force you to be prepared for your classes and make you be mindful of your grades. I could not put a money value on my time here. I could not have asked for a better experience. If I had to do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. I am confident in the education that I am receiving that upon graduation I will be a confident, qualified and proud alumnus of East Tennessee State University.

The worst part about ETSU is the out of state surcharge. There is a TN boarder policy that lets students that live in out of state boarder counties to attend the University with in-state tuition. I do not live in a border county but I live so close that I have been trying to fight the surcharge. I understand rules but I do not qualify for most scholarships so I am in need of aid. I love East Tennessee State University and I do not want to leave.

Sara

My college years have been a valuable experience that I will never forget. I have gained knowledge, experience, and maturity over the past four years. I have met a variety of people that I have had the privilege of gaining knowledge from. I have been given responsibility and the choice to make my own decisions while being guided by knowledgeable faculty and staff. From English to Math and everything in between, I have become well-rounded. My college experience at East Tennessee State University has been a blessing that will follow me for years to come. This school has made my life's dream of becoming a nurse possible and they have given me all the tools and experience I need in order to be the best nurse I can be. East Tennessee State University is only a stepping stone in my life. I am able to and encouraged to continue on in my education. The sky is the limit.

Someone not focused, someone who doesn't do their homework and tends to get behind.

larry

I have gained a stonger ability to study harder and work with people in a study group. This school is very valuable for me to attened because it was built on science and being a chemistry major that is perfec for me. I feel i have gained alot of good qualities while attending this school and plan to obtain even more throughout the years i attened this school.

Someone who is either looking to get into a pre-med etc program or teaching or even someone with artistic abilities.

Someone who i snot willing to work hard to get the grades.

I have gotten more out of college than I could have ever imagined. Since I was young I knew that I wanted to go into the medical field but was unsure of exactly what I wanted to do. In the small amount of time I have spent here I now know exactly what I want to do and what I need to do to achieve my goals. Since coming to East Tennessee State University I have recognized my dream of working in the Neo-Natal Unit of a Children's Hospital with my master's degree in Nursing. I think this realization is very important to my future and I never would have realized this had it not been for my advisors weighing the pros and cons of graduate school.

Anyone. East Tennessee State University has every kind of student imaginable, it's not about what you look like or your background that matter here its about what you want to do with your future.

I don't think there is any type of person that would not fit in here, like I said it is very diverse and welcome to any type of student no matter your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.

Hayley

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself before making the transition into the college life i think that there are endless amounts of things that i coul say. I'd start by saying im so proud of the progress you have made, you have so much going for you in the upcoming years so make the best out of each and everyday. I would also say to stay stong through all the tests and endless nights of studying, it gets trying at times but when the final grade shows up it is all worth it. I would tell myself to count on my family during these hard times and that at the start of each and every new week remember how lucky I am to have the opportunities that most don't.

Absolutely anyone, at this school you are not judged by any specific standards such as age, sexual orientation, or rac.

That there is such a diverse student population at ETSU and people are so accepting of different people and the places they have been and will go in life.

Kelley

First I would like to start by saying that everyone here has once been in your shoes. Every upper classmen was once a brand new freshman in a place learning to live on their own. College Is a great big step in life and starting out can be a little shaky but take a deep breath, you will pass your first semester. ETSU has so many different things to get involved in on campus. College is where you make lasting friendships and it?s a lot easier to make friends when you get involved on campus. Just remember, you are not alone. Every freshman feels confused, lost and lonely at one point or another but remember: college is the best four years of your life. Talk to your professors. I know that some are crazy, rude & just downright ridiculous but, what they want is first on your priority list. Go to class, and sit close to the front. These things might sound simple, but it really makes a huge difference. ETSU is a wonderful place to become who you will be for the rest of your life, so ENJOY IT!

East Tennessee State University has a place for everyone. ETSU is a college with a wide variety of opportunities, clubs and fun activities to get involved with. It has a wide range of races and ethnicities but everyone seems to coexist well. ETSU is a great place for an out-going student who wants to get involved on campus. There is something for everyone at East Tennessee State University.

East Tennessee State University is not a school for people without self-drive. To go to school at ETSU and to be successful, you have to be focused and determined to achieve yours goals.

Anuj

My classmates are the people I rely on when I'm in need; they are my friends.

My classmates are the people I rely on when I'm in need; they are my friends.

College is a whirlwind of emotions and experiences. From the depression of leaving my friends and family, to the joys of meeting new people and experiencing a part of life that I have never been exposed to; college has been a time of self-discovery. Yet, if I had the chance of going back in time and advise my high school self, I believe that I would graciously deny. Why would I turn down such an incredible opportunity, you may be asking? As I said before college has been my time of self-discovery. I believe it is a combination of all the wonderful and miserable experiences which shape a successful person. Mahatma Gandhi once said, ?Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.? Making mistakes isn?t something I fear; it is an essential part of the human experience, it is how we adapt, and it is how we learn to appreciate those things in life worth appreciating. So why then would I rob myself of such wisdom by telling myself to avoid my mistakes? For those current seniors that may stumble upon this letter, to you I simply say, good luck.

People who enjoy a local atmosphere are those would thrive at my school. People who enjoy knowing those around them and feel comfortable interacting with a diverse group of individuals are meant to go to my school. If being just another number in a crowd is what you seek, then turn your cheek, away from my school. East Tennessee University is MY SCHOOL, and I feel that college is a personal experience that a student should be able to connect with. I hope I have just given some student somewhere a glimpse of THEIR SCHOOL.

Casey

There are many things that I would adise myself to do if I could go back in time. I would make sure that I pick a college that I truely want to go to rather than letting someone else's idea influence my decision. I would also make sure that I get involved with campus activities at the very beginning of college. I would also make sure to ask a lot of questions from the staff and administration. They are valuable resources to scholarships and career information. It is also important to make as many friends as possible during the beginning of the year. Having good friends is invaluable to your college experience. College can be very exciting and fun if you make sure to be responsible.

I love our center for physical activity. It offers many programs and classes for people of every age and skill level. It is possible for everyone to get a good workout at this center.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is often hard to get direct answers for questions. You are often asked to see person after person before finding the answer that you need.

Christopher

My classmates are very random.

My classmates are very random.

I would tell myself to learn how to study and to study everything. Also, learn how to write papers with structure.

That I shouldn't take all the classes that my advicer says I should. That I should Take easy classes to help get my gpa up and keep it up.

Jacob

My school almost feels student ran while being watched and operated by the professors while being taught and participating in classroom discussions.

Take the hard classes in high school despite how much you dislike them because with the huge work loads of high school and all the homework and just small memorizing techniques without learning, you will put alot more time with alot less quality in your work while always being supervised. It sounds ridiculous but when you are in college and are taking both harder and easier courses, that work load from highschool seems to be alot less so you can put the same amount of time in and have higher quality work because you are more relaxed, are on your own time, and all the while are working on the topic you like. Go online and look for more scholarships, there are alot out there and be persistent on obtaining the information you want for your future because once it all falls in line, you feel great and look forward to it.

Anybody looking to have a fun time at school and still learn. As i have learned from other schools, you cant always have fun and learn, but my school definitley incorporates both.

East Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.