Johnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Tennessee State University

Make sure you study hard. Since your going into engineering make sure you know alot of math and chem. Keep in mind that the higher your ACT score is the better you wiill be. You could even get a high enough score to knock out some of those English courses. Learn everything you can about the things your interested in. Keep up that grade point remember if you get all A's and work hard you may end up on the dean's list. Remember to also take time to learn the basics, laundry, microwaving, and basic housekeeping. You and only you are reponsible for you. If you make mistakes and fail at something don't be to hard on yourself . Pick yourself back up and try again. It's all part of the learning process and we all learn from our mistakes. Keep up the good work your worth it!

You should attend if your self motivated and mature enought to handle a busy schedule. You will have to keep up with lots of homework and get everything turned in on time. With this in mind you will also have a great time meeting people from all over the world. Don't be afraid of failure because that is also part of the learning process. You'll fit in if you set goals for yourself and go for it.

Anyone who is immature would not fit in well. If you didn't study well in high school you will not make it at the University level. If your used to your teachers accepting excuses for everything that won't work here. They except you to have your work ready and turned in on time no matter what. If your lazy don't even apply.

Andrea

The James H. Quillen College of Medicine

The James H. Quillen College of Medicine

The vast variety of academic programs offered, including a top rated med school and the new Gatton College of Pharmacy

If I could go back and to being a high school senior, I would have attempted to graduate a year early and begin taking college courses. I graduated one semester early which allowed me to "get ahead" for a while but then since I chose Special Education as my major, my program was small and certain classes were only offered once per academic year. This left me with a basically wasted semester. I would recomend high school counselors warning students thinking of early high school graduation of this because it came as a shock to me and a tremendous let down. Also, I would have applied for scholarships as a high school senior. I did not do this and am sure I missed out on available resources. Some scholarships are only available to students who are seniors in high school and you cannot apply after graduation.

E.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself this way. You just finished high school and what a time you had. College is just on the horizon. College is a time to get serious. Make sure you have a plan and work your plan for study, for projects, for fun. Know what is required of you in each class and if you are not sure, ask! Get to know your professors and take advantage of the time that they make available to you. Prepare to put your whole heart, soul, mind and strength into the task at hand, staying focused and fixed on the prize ahead of you and you will be successful.

The person that should not attend this school is a person from up North and someone that does not know what they want to do as their major.

Some of the student workers. If they are going to be in a position to help other students they need to do just that. Some of the student workers are there just to pass time and collect a paycheck and it reflects in there work. They have absolutely no clue as to customer service and work ethic. If they are going to be helping other students they need to help and be courteous about it. They need to get the ipod earplugs out of there ears and get busy doing the work the had been hired to do.

Jimmy

ETSU is probably most known for its pharmacy programs but they have various other great programs.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would tell myself make sure to spend all the time I could with my family and friend because a person never knows what is in his/her future and no telling what tomorrow may bring. Cherish your friends and family; time is short. Also, make new friends and acquaintances and enjoy your college life. I would also tell myself to take harder classes that will benefit my future and to pay more attention in school and study harder. If I knew then what I know now, I would have done a lot of things different. I would also tell myself that if I wanted something to go for it full force and do not look back because a person only lives once in this world and may as well make the best of it! The transition will be a lot different too, I will have more responsibilities in my life from rent payments, tuition, and cost of food and books. But most importantly learn all that I can and be what I want to be! Thanks, Brian Matthews

The reason I chose ETSU is because they have one of the best ciminal jstice programs in Tennessee. I know if I chose TN Tech. I would have had to major in another subjec t and have a minor in criminal justice. It is also very beautiful around campus and there are plenty of outside activites to occupy any free time.

Joshua

Down to earth normal like me. Evertone gets along well

Down to earth normal like me. Evertone gets along well

Pay closer attention to my grades and to my Act test scores and try harder to keep my GPA as high as possible

I would like to have been a little more fimiliar with the campus studies and the layout of the campus . My direction is forensics which is part of crimminal justice. I hope by this degree I can give back to my community

Chelsea

If I could go back and talk to myself in high school, I would have told myself to work more on my study skills. My high school did not prepare me enough for college as they said they were. I was not prepared at all when I got to college. I would have had myself research everything a little more and see how colleges operated as far as how much studying was needed and so forth. I would have also had myself research my college options a little more instead of setting my mind on one college just to have to change my options at the last minute and go into a college that I knew nothing about. I would also have told myself to apply for a lot more scholarships instead of just the few that I did.

There is no one that shouldn't attend this school. Everything about this school is made to better suit the student. All the professors are here to help. While the school work is not as easy as at some other schools and there are considerably large class sizes, the school is a very good investment if you are willing to work hard and strive for your goal.

At times, the school can be slow about emailing you back on extremely important questions.

Sara

My classmated are friendly and helpful.

My classmated are friendly and helpful.

If I could go back in time to give myself advice about college life, I would tell myself to not hold back. I would emphasise the points of getting envolved and getting envolved early. I would also tell myself that everything will always work out so spend more time enjoying college and less worrying about how to pay for it. But most importantly, I would tell myself to always be me and never change for anybody.

I wish that I had know more people or to get involved early because there are deadlines for applications.

Kimberly

In my opinion, my school is known for having numerous and various classes to prepare their students for majors such as doctors, nurses, etc; those that are interested in making a career in the medical field.

I am from California and so it was a big change moving across the country to a place that I've never been to. Even though the atmosphere was different and a bit more conservative, I like how the school provided different oppurtunities for students to interact with one another. There were different activities and festivities that allowed for everyone on campus, professor or staff, to get to know one another.

The advice I would give to myself would be to never turn down a challenge because it can be helpful in the long run. Back in high school, I was the girl that tried my hardest in everything that I did but I never seemed to challenge myself. While my friends were focused on passing their AP exams, I was studying for a test in a regular math course. It never did occur to me that I should give AP classes a try so that I can prepare myself for the college world, however, I was scared that I may ended up failing my AP class or the exams. After finishing my first semester in college, I realize that if only I took the chance to take an AP course or college class that I would do better in the classes I have now, particularly chemistry. In a way, I believe I was in a phase where I didn't take me heading off to college or the idea of college so seriously. Nevertheless, the advice I wish I was able to tell myself, I tell my siblings as they head off to high school.

Kathleen

CLassmates are a diverse group of people who if you listen to them you will be surprised how much they know.

It was small enough to be personal but large enough to get lost in classes you have to take.

I would tell myself not to wait or to be afraid of leaving home. College is an adventure where you can learn about who you are and what your passion truly is, you don't have to create a life then try to add college to it. If I could go back, I would have went to school straight out of high school instead of waiting so many years. It is hard to be older than some of your teachers are. But it does make you humble and realize just how much good you could have achieved. I would also tell myself that no matter what anyone else thinks, you are smart enough to make it through and with the guidance of teachers and faculty at this University you will make it. Let go of who you think you are and become who you were meant to be.

East Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.