Johnson City, TN
East Tennessee State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Tennessee State University

Roxy

East Tennessee State University has provided me with so many new opportunities in my first year. It is a great school and I truly could not imagine going anywhere else to further my education. The professors, campus life, and college as a whole is wonderful. Go Bucs!

Caroline

Good school, takes academics very seriously. Allows a safe place for your voice to be heard. Encourages diversity, encourages involvement on campus. Offers a variety of opportunities on and off-campus. Is a great launch pad into any career. The people there really care about your success in school, and see to it that you do succeed.

Mikaela

East Tennessee State University is a wonderfully diverse institution in the shadow of the Appalachian Mountains. The art and science programs are excellent, the staff is impeccable, and the location makes for the perfect learning environment. I absolutely love going to ETSU, and can't imagine going anywhere else.

I love it here. Everyone is so nice and willing to help. There are plenty of activities to get involved in. Teachers are pretty cool and are willing to help and explain things to where you can understand them better. Living on campus is cool too because you meet other students who are all over the world and you can learn more about their culture.

Quantavious

It is a nice cool (both academically and socially) that I would recommend. I'm not going to lie though at times it can get boring around here but that's every college campus. There are a lot of different clubs, sororities, etc. that you can get involved with on your free time.

Manya

I have not began my course work just yet, but as far as I can tell.. East Tennessee State University has a lot of work to do. I just graduated from graduate school at Colorado Technical University with a G.P.A. 3.28 which is pretty close to a 4.0. However, that is not the problem. I am told that I need a copy of all of college transcripts from every school that I attended. Then I read that sometimes if the financial aid department may ask for tax transcripts from the I.R.S. OK, that is a bit much, I have never read that any school may ask for a tax transcript. If they do not watch what they are doing they may wish that did know what they were doing. Meaning someone is going to report them for asking for pertinent information such as tax transcripts. My advisor from the graduate studies department does not keep in contact with her students. I put in a request fora transcript that she could download and look at it, and she never did. So I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. But if they do not improve their behaviors then I guess I need to inform the the federal government about what they are doing in the financial aid department.

Kyra
Great School

Great School

Being at ETSU makes me feel at home. Although, I don't know a lot of people, the faculty, staff, and students are great. There's not much to do that is close to campus, however, there are many recreational activities held by mostly students. The campus is absolutely beautiful, and the mountains help to give it more color in the fall.

Campus Life

Great school

Campus Life

Great school

Maigen
I really liked going to ETSU!

I really liked going to ETSU!

I chose ETSU because it had a great Criminal Justice program, and it was in a beautiful part of Tennessee. I would highly recommend attending ETSU to anyone!

I really enjoyed my time at ETSU. I made friends that I know I will have forever. I think it has great programs and like every large school sometimes struggles to keep track of everyone - and keep everyone on track. I think it's a great school to learn to have independence and find out who you want to be.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

It was far enough away from home to feel like I left, without being so far away I couldn't see my parents within a few hours. Also, the Criminal Justice program.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Football is POPULAR. So is Baseball. Not sure about Basketball.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

Keeping up with proper nutrition, staying focused on school, not overburdening your schedule, getting enough sleep, not drinking underage...the usual stuff.

What's the dating scene like?

It's like shooting fish in a barrel here, but I'd suggest holding off dating for at least the first year. Focus on school, not on making out. It's your future. You're paying for your education, why let someone distract you from success?

What are your classes like?

Some are small and intimate - 20 people in a British Lit class. Some are huge and impersonal - 200 in a History Lecture (ugh, 8am, kill me). I really appreciated the variety!

That it's so big. Freshman probably feel overwhelmed and lost, but hopefully there's been some advancements in including them in events and groups right away.

That it's a fun school in a great location with an awesome school spirit!

People who shouldn't attend this school are those who aren't self-motivated. If you're in a class of 200 and it's a lecture class, you need to get it together and find people to study with or you're going to feel lost and unproductive.

Smart, and who aren't scared of being lost in a crowd. There are a lot of people at this school, so it's important to be outgoing. Join student groups and get out and meet people. It's not high school anymore - you aren't going to have your hand held and forced to go to events.

How hard it is to stay properly fed. Like, I didn't have a huge meal plan, figuring I wouldn't want so many meals, but I wish I had forced myself to eat more often and eat healthier.

In most classes there is a friendly and conversive atmospher among peers.

In most classes there is a friendly and conversive atmospher among peers.

Don't slack off simply because no one is making you go to class! It takes self discipline and it can be tempting, but attending class is the biggest key to success in college. When you don't attend you miss work, miss lectures, and it is so easy to slip behind. If you can get into good habits your Freshman year it won't be as difficult to make yourself go to class the following years. Have fun! Get involved and make new friends, but remember that an education is the reason you're there.

How amazing the class discussions are in vocal intensive classes.

East Tennessee State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.