East Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of East Tennessee State University

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Stay away from Main Meal!!!! The food is great for a couple of weeks, but it deteriorates quickly. With that being said, they are making effort to improve the food here. They have added a salad and sandwich bar and expanded the pizza bar. They also have started posting nutritional information about each dish which, for those who are at all health conscious, is very helpful. It's honestly just not worth it, especially if you are a vegetarian. Other dining options include: Asian, American, Mexican, Chik-fil-A, Quizno's, Einstein's Bagels, and Java City. All of these offer good food and you can use your meal plans at each of them. There are also several restaurants by the school that will accept ID BUC$ or meal plans as payment which is pretty convenient.

There are many on campus dining options including the all-you-can-eat cafeteria, snack shops, smoothie bar, Chinese, burgers, coffee, Chick-fil-a, and Einsteins bagel brothers. Besides these various options, the student ID card can be loaded with money and used as a debit card at over a dozen area restaurants and grocery stores. With this option, the choices are almost endless.

The food at ETSU isn't horrible but they do not offer a lot of variety at main meal. But on the campus they have several different fast food places ad some better healthy places that are good and handy for all students.