East Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of East Tennessee State University

I had a pretty distasteful experience at orientation and I consider this the worst thing about the university. It took a while for the professor to figure out how to get the girl before me signed up for her classes; therefore, it delayed me time to sign up for classes as well. The professor then rushed me to choose classes which was very frustrating. He said the girl after me needed time to choose her classes when I had just walked into the room which I thought was very rude.

The worst part about ETSU is the out of state surcharge. There is a TN boarder policy that lets students that live in out of state boarder counties to attend the University with in-state tuition. I do not live in a border county but I live so close that I have been trying to fight the surcharge. I understand rules but I do not qualify for most scholarships so I am in need of aid. I love East Tennessee State University and I do not want to leave.

The worst thing about East Tennessee State University is that it is completely dead on the weekends. Since I live in the dorms on campus I wish it there were more things to do for the whole week not just the week days. Further, I also have a meal plan and the school knows not alot of people stay on the weekends therefore usually only one or two places are open and these places are the worst places there are to eat at on campus.

The most negative aspect of East Tennessee State is the worth of your degree. I am enjoying my time at this school, but I fear that regardless of my determination or desire to rise professionally, I will be restrained because my diploma will bear the symbol of ETSU. It is not an embarassment at all to have a college degree, but to have worked for something that may still hold you back is a terrible worry.

As I discussed above, the apparent shortage of phone lines and financial aid staff is what I would consider the worst thing about my school. Time is money. There are only so many tasks you can accomplish effectively and efficiently while being on hold with the financial aid department. I also think that the prolonged hold time has a negative impact on my blood pressure.

The worst thing about my school is that it is farther away from my family than I would like. I enjoy having a lot of family time, and the level of these classes demands a lot of study time in order to make high grades like I want. I strive for a 4.0 each semester, this school really makes it easy to get IF you study hard.

i dont like the community in the surronding of school and id ont like the people i go to school with people are rude and some of the teachers and conslers have know idea what there talking about i am a sophmore and am transfering back to utc in chattanooga were i am from, this school also cose more money than it is worth.

East Tennessee State University has no football program. To some, a college football program is a major part of the college experience. I, however, attended the University of Tennessee for a year and have decided that I do not get a better education from a football program.

The worst thing about East Tennessee State University is the huge classes. I entered my Biology class, and there were 180 people in there! That's more than my graduating class in highschool. Not all of my classes are that big, however.

The school I will be attending starting next week is very large. I am 56 years old and the walking up and down hills are the worst thing about the school. I am determined to stay in school and not give up.