East Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of East Tennessee State University

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a person that does not like to be social. Everyone at ETSU is very sociable. Another type of person that should not come to ETSU is a person who does not like the Blue Ridge Mountains. ETSU is surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and with that come the mountain weather, ETSU does not get as cold as most of the Blue Ridge Mountains but it still can be chilly. Other than that there is no reason why you shouldn't come to ETSU.

The beauty of ETSU is that anybody could attend this school. There's so many options to choose from, with majors from Biochemistry to Bluegrass or Storytelling! It's not a huge campus, so you feel comfortable ; but it's big enough to get a real college experience and not just "another high school" kind of feel. There's so many activities that go on around campus, it's impossible to not have something to do. I would recommend ETSU to anybody.

A person how likes to be involved with all kinds of school activities. A person who does not like a big school. I think the kind of person who would like this kind of school is somebody who likes a simple and small with a country type of feeling or surrounding. A person who is interested in Nursing because this school has a really good nursing program, as well as others.

There is no one that shouldn't attend this school. Everything about this school is made to better suit the student. All the professors are here to help. While the school work is not as easy as at some other schools and there are considerably large class sizes, the school is a very good investment if you are willing to work hard and strive for your goal.

ETSU is a great school. I would recommend it to anyone as long as the major you're interested in is available here. The campus is relatively small compared to a lot of schools but it is a nice campus and everything you need is really close by, within twenty minutes or less. There are a lot of great teachers and the classes are good.

Anyone who is immature would not fit in well. If you didn't study well in high school you will not make it at the University level. If your used to your teachers accepting excuses for everything that won't work here. They except you to have your work ready and turned in on time no matter what. If your lazy don't even apply.

Anyone can attend this school! People with disabilities may have a little bit more difficulty coming here though. Also, if you love big cities, this is not the place for you. Johnson City is a suburban area with the perfect amount of buildings to be considered a medium sized city.

People who shouldn't attend this school are those who aren't self-motivated. If you're in a class of 200 and it's a lecture class, you need to get it together and find people to study with or you're going to feel lost and unproductive.

I think the kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is one who does not like a semi-rural college town, non-urban lifestyle, a sense of adventure, and the ability to co-exist with local people who have very deep-seated views.

Somebody who is looking for a challenging curriculum. They do have an honors program, but if you feel comfortable doing the honors program, you are probably better off doing it at a different school.