East Tennessee State University Top Questions

Maigen

People who shouldn't attend this school are those who aren't self-motivated. If you're in a class of 200 and it's a lecture class, you need to get it together and find people to study with or you're going to feel lost and unproductive.

Jenvara

I think the kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is one who does not like a semi-rural college town, non-urban lifestyle, a sense of adventure, and the ability to co-exist with local people who have very deep-seated views.

Brodie

I do not think that any kind of person should not attend East Tennessee State University. The school is very welcoming to all students.

Alexi

Somebody who is looking for a challenging curriculum. They do have an honors program, but if you feel comfortable doing the honors program, you are probably better off doing it at a different school.

The beauty of ETSU is that anybody could attend this school. There's so many options to choose from, with majors from Biochemistry to Bluegrass or Storytelling! It's not a huge campus, so you feel comfortable ; but it's big enough to get a real college experience and not just "another high school" kind of feel. There's so many activities that go on around campus, it's impossible to not have something to do. I would recommend ETSU to anybody.

Kelly

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a person that does not like to be social. Everyone at ETSU is very sociable. Another type of person that should not come to ETSU is a person who does not like the Blue Ridge Mountains. ETSU is surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and with that come the mountain weather, ETSU does not get as cold as most of the Blue Ridge Mountains but it still can be chilly. Other than that there is no reason why you shouldn't come to ETSU.

Joshua

This school is practical for any aspiring student.

Sara

Someone not focused, someone who doesn't do their homework and tends to get behind.

larry

Someone who i snot willing to work hard to get the grades.

I don't think there is any type of person that would not fit in here, like I said it is very diverse and welcome to any type of student no matter your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.

Kelley

East Tennessee State University is not a school for people without self-drive. To go to school at ETSU and to be successful, you have to be focused and determined to achieve yours goals.

Justin

ETSU is a great school. I would recommend it to anyone as long as the major you're interested in is available here. The campus is relatively small compared to a lot of schools but it is a nice campus and everything you need is really close by, within twenty minutes or less. There are a lot of great teachers and the classes are good.

Anyone who is immature would not fit in well. If you didn't study well in high school you will not make it at the University level. If your used to your teachers accepting excuses for everything that won't work here. They except you to have your work ready and turned in on time no matter what. If your lazy don't even apply.

E.

The person that should not attend this school is a person from up North and someone that does not know what they want to do as their major.

Chelsea

There is no one that shouldn't attend this school. Everything about this school is made to better suit the student. All the professors are here to help. While the school work is not as easy as at some other schools and there are considerably large class sizes, the school is a very good investment if you are willing to work hard and strive for your goal.

Courtney

Anyone can attend this school! People with disabilities may have a little bit more difficulty coming here though. Also, if you love big cities, this is not the place for you. Johnson City is a suburban area with the perfect amount of buildings to be considered a medium sized city.

Bethany

ETSU has high-ranking science programs, but anyone wanting to go into education may want to look elsewhere.

Alicia

I think there is a fairly diverse group of people at East Tennessee State University. People looking for big-city life might want to rethink their options.

Athletes looking to make a career out of their sport

Marguerite

A person how likes to be involved with all kinds of school activities. A person who does not like a big school. I think the kind of person who would like this kind of school is somebody who likes a simple and small with a country type of feeling or surrounding. A person who is interested in Nursing because this school has a really good nursing program, as well as others.

Kathleen

Anyone who is comfortable with a smaller city and who does not want to be lost in the giant University

Dustin

Some one that is negative minded.

People who don't work hard and who are afraid of being criticized should not attend this school.