East Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of East Tennessee State University

Personally, I love the location of the college. I think of Johnson City as a college town which makes the college relatively close to many activities and places that the city offers. Academically, the school sparked interest in me. I am very excited to get started on the challenging courses they offer. The professors have already emailed me weeks before class starts about what materials I need and what I should expect in their class. The teachers are open to help us if there is anything that we don't understand or need assistance on.

The school is the only public school in the state that has a well known and well respected program in Digital Media, which has been a program of interest for me since I was a high school freshman, when I got involved in FIRST robotics, and became a 3D animator that entered the FIRST Autodesk Visualization Competition. I was considering something like this for a career from an early point, but in 2007 my team, which I was captain of, submitted an animation which placed in the top 5 in the world, against a group of over 300 animations.

The most unique thing about our campus is a miniature railroad museum in the basement of one of the buildings. It has three model railroads complete with enthusiasts and a crossing guard signal outside the entrance. It is named the George L Carter railroad museum in honor of the man who donated all of the land ETSU is built on to the state for the school to be founded. He worked for the railroad so the museum is a fun way to remember and honor him.

The best thing about ETSU is how perfectly it caters to my career path. I am pre-pharmacy and my studies include a degree in biochemistry. ETSU offers everything I need to reach my goal of being a pharmacist, from excellent academic advisors to a campus pharmacy school. The fact that ETSU is so close to Kingsport, which is my hometown, also made the choice of attending here an absolute no brainer.

It has most programs available and is located in a great area where there lakes, mountains, and just about any activity is one would like to do. The campus has many old and new buildings. The sports teams are tops. However we don't have a football team. The basketball teams were in the top ten of our district. If you like the mountains, four seasons of the year then this is the place to be.

I believe that ETSU has great dorm rooms. You have a wide selection of on campus living. As a freshmen I was allowed to live anywhere even an apartment. This make the transition from home to college less stressful and more convient. ETSU is also very afordable. Housing was not more than rent for an apartment would be and my dorm has a store located on the second floor this is very convient.

The best thing about my school is the beautiful surrounding area. East tennessee is known for mountains, lakes, and hiking trails. It is a great way to escape from the hectic stress of school. Many students are outdoors all year long from swimming in the summer to snowboarding in the wnter. The area around ETSU offers a playground to the avid outdoorswoman, me :).

The best thing about the school would have to be the size and surrounding area. I have never like really big schools, but at the same time I don't want it to be the size of a highschool. ETSU is the perfect size for me. Second I love the mountains and in Johnson City we are surrounded by mountains which make the scenery amazing.

The reason I chose ETSU is because they have one of the best ciminal jstice programs in Tennessee. I know if I chose TN Tech. I would have had to major in another subjec t and have a minor in criminal justice. It is also very beautiful around campus and there are plenty of outside activites to occupy any free time.

I consider the best thing about my school is the size. It is big enough to find things to do, classes to take, and clubs to join. But it's not too big where I feel overwhelmed or feel like I can't concentrate on my studies. It is just right.