East Tennessee State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for East Tennessee State University

It is a big campus and yet most common places are packed full of people. There is always something extra going on in or around campus so you will always have something to do. The class sizes are often small so you will receive a one on one experience.

Makya

I love it here! I've made best friends for life here and I am getting a great education with great professors. There's always activities to get involved with on campus and everyone I've met here makes you feel very welcome. If you go to this school you will definitely not regret it!

Anna

ETSU is a great university. Faculty are there to help you and serve you whatever your need might be. The campus is all closely connected so you have easy access to all buildings. The have signs located everywhere so you are able to find the building you are looking for very quickly.

Mason

It's a wonderful school, but I don't think it suits my academic needs (for engineering) as well as I would prefer. Facilities, in general, are pretty alright. If I were majoring in something else, say nursing or exercise science, I'd likely stay until graduation.

Luke

I feel at home here. Everyone is friendly and I do not hesitate to ask anyone questions. This is a high quality learning environment. I would encourage others to become a part of this family of learners. This campus is not too large but it is not small either.

Kennedy

East Tennessee State University is a small, comfortable college in the mountains of eastern Tennessee. I would recommend this college to anyone looking for a smaller, safe college with more of a "home" feel to it. The facilities are clean and the professors are helpful. However, as a first semester freshman, I already feel as though I have experienced much of what ETSU has to offer because it is so small. If you are looking to go out of your comfort zone and chase down many opportunities, ETSU probably isn't the school for you.

Alison

ETSU was my home away from home. The place is great, but has bad parking. If you are not someone who believes in liberal ideas this is not the school for you. They don’t really encourage republican groups or encourage other ideas other than the left. Other than that, my overall experience was great!

Justin

East Tennessee State University is a 4-year university that has super exceeded my expectations time and time again.

Arielle

I love it. I am new to the area and they have been super helpful. The professors, financial aid staff, and advisers have been so helpful to me. I had a lot of bumps in the road to get here but they have been helpful and encouraging and helpful to me. My class is small so it makes me less stressful.

Darien

Ever since I began, I knew this would be my college of choice. It's cheap and offers great quality of education for the price. It was nearby my own home to transportation and housing was simple. The location is rather convenient and considerably close to many useful buildings including a bank, lots of food options, a hotel, and much, much more. My academic experience here has been very high-quality and I've learned many great skills (both technical and practical) during my time attending. Overall, I hold a very high opinion of ETSU as a university.

ETSU is a great wholesome place to go to school. They work well with a vast number of differing students. The area ETSU is located in has a small time feel and there are state and national parks really close by. This has slowly became my home and I'm happy to be here.

I loved my time at ETSU. Everyone from the President of the university and down made me feel welcomed. The university works to make it feel like a family atmosphere and offer classes and activities for everyone to enjoy. Some of my favorite memories involve the new football stadium and the men's basketball games at Freedom Hall.

Oliva

I love this school because it made me feel like I belong here. Before I came here I felt like I never belonged but since I have been here people have wanted to be there friend and get me involved in what we are able to do here on campus. There has been so much that I have been able to see because I am from a small town, but now that I am here I barely even wanna go back to my home. East Tennessee State University has been the best choice I have ever made in my life.

Sydney

East Tennessee State University is all around a good school. The classes are an average size with professors who hold regular office hours and can be reached by email. The campus life is great with a club for everyone and sporting events every week. There are plenty of options for food on campus. The dining hall even has a section that does not have the eight main food allergens. The campus is safe and after dark campus police offers free escorts. East Tennessee State University even has an Honors College. East Tennessee State University is a great campus that offers something for everyone!

Evie

I believe East Tennessee State University is a wonderful place to be. I was very involved with campus life and activities which made it very easy to adapt. I loved how small the classes were and you knew just about everyone on campus. The sports life wasn't big but they just got football back so I think it's starting to grow!

Madeline

It's a pretty good school. There aren't too many classes with more than 50 students at a time, and the facilities are pretty clean as well. However, the chemistry department doesn't have the best teachers, and the dorm building that I was placed in is the only dorm on campus that doesn't have at the very least a community kitchen, which is infuriating to say the least. It doesn't help that they also make you purchase a meal plan whether you want one or not.

Savannah

I love East Tennessee State University! The atmosphere is incredible and the people are amazing it also has a beautiful campus! I love taking trips to the University because I always feel so welcomed by everyone and the food is great! I love the sports as well.

hannah

East Tennessee State University is an average university. The location is ideal, although not a lot of extra curricular activites to participate in outside of greek life and hiking. The atmosphere of the universtiy is very clicky. If you're not an athlete or involed in greek life, you will find it hard to be involved.

Kristen

I am online and the virtual classrooms are great. I have been to other universities and the professors here are very hands on and available when needed unlike a lot of other schools. The prices are great as well for in state tuition prices. Overall I enjoy attending East Tennessee state university.

Aubree

My overall opinion of East Tennessee State University is it is like a second home. When I walked on campus I knew that it was the place I wanted to spend my college career there. I have been given a huge opportunity to be a preferred walk on on the track team and I am extremely excited to be a Division 1 athlete. There is no place I would rather be then at East Tennessee State University.

Diavian

I like East Tennessee because it has a variety of things to do. Through the whole school year there is a lot of events that has plenty of people participating. East Tennessee has people from everywhere attending it too. From different countries to students who live right across the street, and majority of the people who goes there will agree with me about loving etsu.

Annabell

I absolutely love ETSU. The academics, on campus activities, and all the cool things they offer are worth it. Free concerts for the students each semester. Free tutoring and professors that actually care about your grade and are willing to help you succeed. I recommend this college to anyone. Go Bucs!

Shaina

The environment of ETSU is very friendly and welcoming. In the classroom, class size is beneficial and most of the professors seem to truly care if their students are learning or not. With ETSU being in Johnson City, if you need something, practically anything, it’s not too far away.

Amber

I have been to East Tennessee State University many times. I take clarinet lessons with one of the teachers there. Each time I have been there has been a positive experience. The teachers are extremely welcoming, generous, and very helpful. This school is something that I long to be a part of and cannot wait to be enrolled in my freshman year of college.

Alex

It is great! The teachers and students made me feel right at home the second I came to campus, and even before with emails! I was never worried about being feeling out of place because here there is a place for everyone. The facilities are nice, clean, and modern. Godspeed and Go Bucs!!

Nolan

Overall I really like the university, but it could stand to have some improvements. The parking situations at some of the dorms (namely Davis) are poor, there's a pretty serious bike thieving problem going on at the moment, and the chemistry department is a bit lacking. It is however a beautiful campus located in a very beautiful are. Most of the professors I've had so far (with a few exceptions) have been very good. Most of the food is very good, though a bit repetitive, and the kitchen staff is phenomenal. Overall, I would recommend coming here.

Brenda

East Tennessee State University provided a quality education, the professors were always available. In fact, I still stay in touch with them! Obtaining a Bachelor's degree from there was very doable due to the nature of the online degree completion program.

Matthew

I like the campus, and I feel like the school has a large variety of choices for classes, and extracurricular activities. My classmates and I feel as though the professors are very capable to aid us in our education. We also are able to visit our professors anytime that we have questions with classwork and with homework.