Marshall, TX
East Texas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend East Texas Baptist University

East Texas Baptist University is a great school to attend if you are looking for a small, Private, Christian atmosphere. There are a good amount of things to do and small class sizes. Classes can have no more than a max of 40 students in each section and most are closer to 15-20. I have been in classes as small as 3 people before. The professors in almost every department try to get to really know their students and even come to a lot of the sports/fine arts events. Housing is nice and compared to most colleges you have your own room in every residents hall except for 1 guys complex and 1 girls complex for people who would prefer that set up. Residence Life also includes things like weekly scheduled activities for any students to attend, a fitness center, pool, and nice student center with game rooms. The hardest thing about this school is cost. If you can figure out the cost, it is a great place to go. Most people, including myself end up needing loans to get through their studies here.

Karla

East texas baptist university has grown me into the person I am today. ETBU just hasn’t show me a way to live and learn and be successful In life. It has also grown me in my faith with Jesus Christ. I hope I can continue to be able to attend ETBU to show others how great this school is and how much help I have gotten from them.

Jacob

It is a great school for anyone that wants to have a relaxed and quiet campus.

It is a great school for anyone that wants to have a relaxed and quiet campus.

Brailey

It is a wonderful atmosphere to grow in your education as well as your walk with Jesus. Since it is a small university, you make a lot of friends. You also get to know your professors really well. They really want to see you grow as a person. I love living life on the hill.

Ashleigh

ETBU is a small, Baptist university that has a warm, family atmosphere. At ETBU, you are not a number. The professors know you by name and are always willing to help, both academically and personally. The campus is awesome and so are the facilities. If you are looking for a university where you can get involved, you need to strongly consider ETBU. At ETBU, the Light on the Hill never dies.

Brittney

East Texas Baptist University is a great school for many reasons. Their academic programs are very good. The teachers teach well and are very helpful. They have regular office hours but if you need to schedule a certain day with them they are very flexible. There are also a number of different events that happen on campus throughout the year so everyone has the opportunity to get involved and have fun.

Stacee

Overall, I really like it here. The professors are willing to help you to get you to understand the material and pass the class, and they're usually available to talk. It can be hard starting out if you don't know anybody on campus, but if you just sit for a little bit someone will come up and start introducing you to people, so you won't be alone for long.

chesley

My classmates are energetic however I feel like there is a sense of culture or community lacking in their lives due to a centering on the self.

I would go back and teach myself the truth about Christs sacrifice and how that relates to the forgiving of my sins. I would explain the transformation that would soon take place and encourage myself to pray for my future husband. I would go back and ask my Christian friends about Christ and what the difference is between the mormon faith and the Christian faith. If I had the oppurtunity to go back I would try to relate all of this so that my quality of life and love would be that of a daughter of God. Now education means so much more than ever before and aside from my religious transformation, I would explain how important school is and how my grades relate to my gpa and what that means in the long run for my education. I would DEFINATELY explain to myself the utmost importance to make new friends that had good influences on me, change the music I listened to and tv I watched, and most of all I would buy a newer translation of the Bible and read it in plain english instead of having to sort it out in the King James Version.

The internal contradiction. We are a Christian school with a Christian mission yet we do not even reach out to the poor neighborhood that our school is located in. Some of the outreaches to the community are very beneficial yet we stll make sure everyone know that it is the rich white school in town that is dong it instead of being the hands and feet of Christ. This just further strengthens the divide between our community and internally with students who aren't believers.

LaTisha

My school is fun, exciting, and cool, but at the same time very particular and demanding as to what they want from the students who attend.

The advice I would give myself if I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, would have to be, find out everything you know about scholarships, grants, and financial aid for school,

There is really nothing frustrating about my school, I love it.

Arlette

My classmates are humble, hardworking, focused, and Christian based people.

My classmates are humble, hardworking, focused, and Christian based people.

The advice I would give my self would revole around applying for more scholarships, applying for FAFSA earlier, and studying more for my SAT.

I do not consider anything worst about my university.

East Texas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.