Charleston, IL
Eastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Illinois University

Bradley

Words cannot begin to describe the quality of education that I have received while attending Eastern Illinois University. I was challeged and taught material above and beyond the scope of the courses that I will use for the rest of my life. I was not taught top memmorize formulas for a test, but applications that will be just as useful 15 weeks from now to 15 years from now.

The Lumpkin College of Busienss and Applied Sciences is one of the best undergraduate schools I have ever experienced - quite literally on par with a "Big" school without the price tag.

Someone who likes smaller class sizes and a small campus where you know several people, but nobody is in your business. You must be driven and want to excel.

Diana

I have been attending Northeastern Junior College for a two in a half years now and plan on graduating this may. I have learned so much by attending college these last couple of years. Not only are the classes that I took awesome but I have also learn how important it is to continue on going to college until desired finished. College is very important now days, neither one of my parents went to college but back then you could pull that off. Not now. Getting ivolved is great I have been president of math and science club, chess club, Ambassador of my school, and president of Ambassador team as well. I have been on the cheer and dance team, in CAB, President of Dowis Hall and desk atendent. By being involved I have learned the importance of interacting with people, not being afraid to step forward and enjoy school and the people around you but also enjoy attending class. I have also learned many leadership skills that I believe will help me in the future. I would say my years put in have payed off and I feel a great accomplishment being able to graduated this May.

Since attending Eastern I have learned a lot about education and technology. Being a child of the new technology generation I thought I had known all there was to most technology, but there was actually a lot that I did not. This school has really helped me learn how to learn and be able to teach with all this new technology, example: smartboards.

A person who hates winter should not attend here because walking in the winter is horrible.

The most frustrating thing about Eastern Illinois University is that their standars are too low. There are many people here that should not be, it is almost insulting to me as a hard working student.

Karissa

If I had the chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about the transition to college I would tell my self to enjoy every moment. After already completing my first semester at college, I realized that life does pass by quickly and there certain moments one can never get back. I would to tell myself to enjoy the first day of moving in even with all the chaos. Enjoy all the new people you encounter, whether they become your friend or not. Enjoy what you read and learn, in every class. Enjoy expanding your mind. Enjoy all the new ideas that you are presented with, whether you believe in them or not. Enjoy every moment that this once in a lifetime experience of college brings, because before you know it, it will be over and you will be on your next phase of life that you should enjoy also.

I do not believe that there is any thing wrong with Eastern Illinois University. They provide a quality higher level education that allows the student work and reach their highest potential. The campus is inviting, while the curriculum is challenging that is taught by understanding and helpful instructors.

The type of person who should attend Eastern Illinois University is a determined and ambitious individual. The person should have a high respect for themselves, their education, and their abilities outside of the classroom. A student of Eastern should be confident enough to handle any situation that comes their way inside or outside of the classroom, and humble enough to be able to ask for help when it is needed. Overall a student of Eastern should have confidence to achieve anything they set their mind to.

Robert

My classmastes are caring and approachable; thier apporachability makes it very easy to succeed in any class.

Savor every moment with your friends and be open to the new adventures that life may throw your way. Give everything you have at that moment; do not be afraid of the consequences. The worse feeling in the world is regret, live in the moment and take chances. You will regret many more things you do not do than things you do. By taking these chances you will open yourself up to endless opertunities, and then when you finally reach college the adjustment period will not be as tough and awkward. The new aspects you experience at college will be just what you expected if you just live now. Eliminate the words "what if" from your vocabulary and your new world will be everything you have imagined.

It has all the reources of a major Division 1 college, but the classes are small enough so professors can help each student individually.

Noah

I would let myself know that even though college is hard and not where I want to be, stick through it and get it done. It is so much more fulfilling then I thought. Don't be afraid to change your major if it means doing something you were made for as appose to something others might want or you might think you could like. If you don't love the decisions you make then maybe rethink making them. College is full of possibilities, so don't worry about how long it will take or what other people have done. Just set your mind to what you want out of college, out of life and put your shoulder to the wheel. Make no excuses so at the end of the day you have no regrets.

I wish I would have known how easy it would be to not only make a grad plan but how easy it is to follow. Would of made the whole process less intimidating.

It is fun and flexible to my needs as a student. The classes and major are just what I was looking for in a university. The teachers care about my success and I can have personal help from them when needed.

Jill

Eastern Illinois University is a very beautiful campus and it has a lot of history in its buildings. Eventhough it is a large university the classroom size is still usually around 30 people or so. The faculty on campus are very helpful to the students in guiding them to whatever they are in need of. There is a new fine-arts building on campus that has some amazing architectural work done to it. There is also a castle on campus which was the first original building on campus. EIU is a great place to begin your studies and succeed.

I would tell myself many different things if I could go back in time about going to college. I would recommend heavily researching your college you wish to attend and the major you want to choose. I would also tell myself to visit many different campuses to see how each one fits you and your personality. Make sure to look for many different forms of aid to help you or your parents pay for your college expenses. I would also tell myself that it is your first time away from home and is a chance to be on your own with no parents. This can be a good or bad thing because it will teach you many lessons and some people find it very hard to deal with. You have to be responsible with keeping up with school and not letting social events get in the way. Also, you may get homesick but this will pass in time once you meet new people. You have to learn to become outgoing when it comes to meeting new people, the variety of people you meet at college will change your life forever. Stay focused, exercise to release stress, and keep yourself healthy.

I would have liked to been given more information about clubs on campus and how to get involved. It is easy to get involved, however as a new student it seems difficult to find the right people to contact. There are a lot of clubs on campus and they are all very interesting to be involved in. I also would have liked to been given more information about how to get jobs on campus. The information is on the internet but many of the different majors hire in their own offices, and the students are not informed of this.

Griffin

Eastern Illinois University is located in Charleston, Illinois, and features a variety of options for students.

EIU is best known for its outstanding teaching program, its academic values, and its distinguished athletic program. It is also know for its ties with the NFL, being that 3 head coaches attended here, aswell as Tony Romo.

With the oppurtunity to talk to my former self, my first piece of advice would be to not be shy. College can be a scary place and making new friends can be difficult. If you are not willing to be a little outgoing you might not meet new people. The second piece of advice I would give my self is learn how to be organized and not procrastinate. In high school I often procrastinated, which often led to me doing last minute homework. Once in college I learned how to get work done quickly and it has greatly benefited me. I realize that I should probably be a little more professional in this application, but I just wanted to say how much I truly need this scholarship. My parents are both working 40+ hours a week to pay for my brother and I's schooling and they are slowly losing the ability to afford it. This scholarship is my way to try and help them, and thank them. Thank you for any consideration I receive.

Jaclyn

I feel as though Eastern Illinois University is known for having a very friendly staff. All of the professors here are more than willing to work with you out of the classroom and really make you feel welcomed. Also, the enrollment is around 13,000, but the campus makes you feel at home and comfortable.

Knowing what I know about college life , the main advice I could give myself is to be confident in who I am and open to change. Coming from a small town, I was terrified on my first day of college. It was so uncomfortable being out of my small little bubble that I had been in for son long. Even though I was on my College's soccer team I closed myself off and didn't allow anyone to get close to me for sometime. Now seeing that there is nothing scary about College and that everyone has to go through the same transition, it should actually keep you at ease. Reason I would tell myself to be open to change is the fact that you might push a person away that is completely different than you, but then come to realize that you could have so much to benefit and learn from that person and vise versa. College is an amazing opportunity to help yourself grow into a brand new, mature person and discover that there is a whole other world out there waiting to be explored!

There really aren't any complaints except for all the construction that is going on at the moment.

Abby

My school has a medium-sized student population, offers a variety of courses and activities and is run by helpful and friendly staff.

You will meet a lot of people; some will be merely acquaintances, some will be your friends for a little while, and a few will be your friends for life. Those two or three people who really make an impact on you are worth keeping around. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's not worth stressing about. You will be away from your family, your friends and your home for the first time in your life. At first you won't know anyone, but that won't last long. It might be a tough adjustment at first, but hold on. College will be a life-changing experience. When you're overwhelmed with household responsibilities, like mowing the grass and getting the water heater fixed, don't be discouraged. You will be a wiser person for having dealt with these situations. Later in life, when others are just learning how to fix a leaky faucet, you'll already know how. You'll never regret that you worked hard in school, but academics should come secondary to life. Remember that you're a person who has social, emotional and physical needs. Enjoy college while you can; it's over too fast.

The best thing about my school is that the faculty and staff are so cooperative and friendly.

Eastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.