Charleston, IL
Eastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Illinois University

Eastern Illnois is known for their great teaching program. Elementary education and special education are the two huge majors people come to eastern for. Although i am not an education major, i have been witnessing many people succeed in it.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself I would tell myself to prepare to be more independent and confident. College is a time to find yourself and figure out what you want to do in life, and myself as a senior did not expect it. I have learned that being independent is not as scary as i assumed, and going back in time would allow me to tell myself to not worry so much about moving away and being on my own. I would also tell myself that you have to be devoted to your school work. I did expect school to be challenging, but going back in time would reassure mysef what to expect.

Students who are not motivated to do well in school and go to class should not attend Eastern Illinois or any other college. College student need to have the motivation to get up and go to class, and succeed in all of their classes to succeed in the future.

Catherine

Friendly, caring, responsible, enthusiastic, positive, diverse.

Friendly, caring, responsible, enthusiastic, positive, diverse.

Don't sweat the small stuff. You made this choice because you know it's the right one for you. Be yourself, and you'll meet plenty of people. Some of them will be the people you can't live without after college and some will just be passerbys on your journey to graduation. Living on your own is going to be tough at the start, but it gets easier. Remember to take showers so you don't scare people away with your stench. Your roommate is in the same situation as you, so just be nice and understanding, and help each other through. It's going to be amazing. Don't hold back. You're ready for this.

Gregory

My classmates are fun, looking for a good education, open to meeting and becoming friends with new people, and, finally, mostly open to new ideas.

I would tell myself that the time you put into your education is the most valuable time you can spend while on campus. What you put into your education, you will get out of it. Your social life can wait. Yes, do make friends while on campus, and do join organizations you believe in. However, do not make the mistake that you will lose social status-points because you are "too busy" because of your studies. Your new friends are practically in the same boat as you, so they will get over any dissappointment you cause due to your studies. If they do not, then they probably were not the best friends for you anyway. Just remember: What you put intoyour education, you will get out of it.

The worst thing about my school is the almost incessant drinking that goes on around here. This school is semi-famous for its drinking, and that reputation leads to incoming students looking for the best parties. In turn, this continues the worst aspect of my school.

Brian

They are friendly and willing to help each other through difficult classes.

They are friendly and willing to help each other through difficult classes.

I would tell myself to work hard from the beginning and be confident in myself. It will all work itself out in time.

The athletics events aren't very big or exciting and don't recieve very much support from the students.

Eastern Illinois University is a medium sized school built around a small town, but it is the small town atmosphere that makes the school friendly and enjoyable.

Take more time on papers and projects. Don't let friends take away from study time. College is important for your future career. Also save money before college so you don't have to work three jobs to help pay for rent, books, groceries etc. And finally be open to new experiences they will help you grow as a person.

A person who is easy going, likes to meet different people, and enjoys a small town atmosphere. EIU students are laid back, but most are determined to work for their grades to succeed in their majors.

Brandy

Eastern Illinois University is known for their academics. The buisness school is one of the best around and the teachers are friendly. The classes are small and the teacher's really care about how you are doing. The food on campus is great. They give you fat free options and there are over 5 places to eat so it never gets old.

I would tell myself to make lots of friends and get to know people. Get involved on campus right away with at least 2 organizations. Speek with advisors about class schedules and plan out your years. Also speek with Career Services about resumes and internships. Go to the career fairs and practice networking. Learn who you are right away and figure out what you want to accomplish in your years at school.

The worst thing about Eastern Illinois University is nothing.

Jason

Eastern Illinois University is know for being a good school for education majors. We also have a great Kinesiology and Sports Studies program. The resources for the KSS department are great. We also are well known for having pretty good athletics.

I would advise my self to go to my dream school. Instead of going away after high school I went to a junior college for two years. Although this saved me money I feel it took away the full college experience. After transferring schools, I felt it was hard to make friends and get actively involved in campus. It took me a whole year to feel like Eastern Illinois University was the right fit for me. If I went to my dream school right out of high school, I would had four years to get completely comfortable and enjoy. I would also tell myself to become as active as possible on campus. This helps you make friends and get to know students and staff that you will see around campus. Being active in anthletics and clubs that are related to your major will look good on your resume and help when you apply for jobs. Another important thing I would tell myself is to apply for financial aid as early as possible. Applying for every scholarship possible is another important tip that freshman should follow. Most importantly I would tell myself to fun while keeping focussed.

Anyone looking for a school that isn't too big or isn't too small. There is plenty to do on and off campus. The location is great too because it is close to a few major highways and only three hours south of Chicago. The staff and faculty is very nice and helpful. All the facilities and buildings are well kept and maintained.

I think I would try to better prepare myself for the amount of time I would need to spend studying and doing homework. High school wasn't very hard for me, so the transition to college work was a big shock. I would also try to prepare better for meeting new people. I am very shy so in the begining it was very hard for me to get to know people and I stayed in my dorm a lot. Thinking back, I would have enjoyed school a lot more if I would have gone to some of the school functions like meet and greets for students so that I could meet more people that were going through the same adjustments that I was. That is the most importnant thing to realize, you are not alone! Almost all the freshmen have the same feelings as you! If you can find people with similar intrests as you, you will be able to help eachother adjust to this new life and you will form a lasting friendship!

I think that the best thing about the school is the size. It is a smaller campus so its easy to get used to and familiar with. It doesn't take very long to get to your classes so that's a bonus! Also since it's small, many of the teachers get a chance to know you personally and you get more one on one time with them.

The worst thing about Eastern Illinois is definately the town it is located in. There is not much to do here. There is no shopping near by and not a lot of activites to do on weekends. It is a very small town so it is hard for many people to get used to.

Casey

Easy to talk too.. very helpful.. intertaining

Easy to talk too.. very helpful.. intertaining

I would tell myself don't be afraid of leaving.. school is fun and don't be afraid to try knew things it will make your life better! Eastern is a great place you will be glad you picked it!!! Make sure to go to the events they are so much fun!

I have so much fun here.. the events are amazing and my friends are sweet!!!

samantha

I would tell myself to plan for school way ahead of time. Also i would tell myself to take foreign language classes and a few physic classes.

The worst thing about my school is that it is four hours away from my family. I have never been away from home, deffinitly will be hard.

They type of person who should attend this school should be very dedicated, passionate, and involved in the school.

Eastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.