Charleston, IL
Eastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Illinois University

Nick

Eastern Illinois University is a safe campus with very accessible professors and tutors. There is plenty of things to do. The sports teams are very good and there is always an event to go to watch or see. Overall Eastern is a great campus to be on..

Vianeth

Its Great

Its Great

Cristina

Eastern Illinois University my home for the next four years. There is so much to say about this school. Everything is great and I don't say that just to say it. Students and faculty are very kind hearted. Everyone here makes you feel like they support you on your journey to where ever you go. On campus, you can find so many things to do. Students are outside standing for what they believe in and no one is ever let down. The school is one big family.

Madhuram

Eastern Illinois is one of the best school in Illinois state and the place Charleston is awesome with pleasant, calm environment. There are many other programs outside the campus like wesley foundation where we can get a chance to serve poor, learn many things not only the subject but also about community. It makes students to learn many things with culture in diversity.

Jocelyn
Friendly Panthers

Friendly Panthers

Eastern Illinois University has variety with things to do around campus. The vibe of the school is pretty friendly-- people are accepting here and are willing to help if you're in need. Eastern's size is nice, you can walk from the north part of campus to the south part of campus in 7 to 10 minutes. Class sizes are reasonable, I never feel like I'm competing with classmates for a professor's attention. Professors are usually available through office hours, by email, or phone. David Glassman, the president of the university, sent emails to let students know what was going on during the budget crisis, which helped ease the minds of students who heard several rumors and weren't sure what was going on with the university. I'm enjoying my time here and glad I decided to further my education in a comfortable environment like Eastern Illinois University.

Alyssa
Its Okay

Eastern is nice but the dining hall food is really unhealthy and there aren't any stores other than Walmart.

Its Okay

Cara
E-I-E-I-EIU

E-I-E-I-EIU

Eastern Illinois University is a state school with a small-school atmosphere. On any given day, I saw friends and acquaintances on my walks to class. Attending EIU really helped me understand what it meant to be a part of something bigger than myself, which can be attributed to the strong sense of community on campus. The strong sense of community was also felt in the residence halls, where I met my forever friends. The multitude of campus activities and organizations grants the opportunity for students to establish a presence on campus. The small class sizes and personable faculty facilitate strong connections between professors and students; making these connections with professors is vital for individuals pursuing graduate school or any careers that require letters of recommendation or professional references. Attending EIU was the best decision of my life. I really evolved as a person, broadened my academic and social horizons, and found my home-away-from-home. Additionally, with the help of fantastic professors and academic advisors, I discovered my true passion of working with K-12 students and found a graduate program within the same school that fit my needs for continuing my education. Regardless of how utterly cliche I may sound, I can honestly say, "I am EIU," and I bleed blue.

I believe the university is known for its charisma. The campus has personality. The first building that can be seen from the street is a magnificent castle which only adds to the character. For the majority, Eastern's faculty is dedicated to student's well being and academic growth. Eastern takes pride in welcoming students to ensure their comfort in acheiving academic success.

Dear Megan, I know you think life is tough, but don’t worry! Everything will soon get much harder. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going” will become your mantra in college as soon as you figure how to “get going” you’ll love it! Speaking of love, wearing your heart on your sleeve isn’t a bad thing; however, don’t give it to the first person who notices you. He does not appreciate your worth like he claims. There is a man that sees the best in you and he’s just as excited to meet you as you are to meet him, so don’t be afraid of becoming the stereotypical crazy single lady with twenty cats. Keep an understanding perspective when it comes to your best friends. Eventually, all of you will branch apart and form bonds with other people and before you know it, you’re strangers. Remember it is no one’s fault, priorities, and people, change after high school. Never worry about having regrets. You’ll work too hard and have too little time to fathom the concept of regret. Welcome change. Life would be boring without it. Love, Your Self

A person that is accustomed to living in a small town and would like to gradually immerse themselves should attend this school. Another important factor to think about is what they are most looking forward to doing while in school. This school is fo someone who plans to spend the majority of their free time studying and focusing on school work. It is common for Chicagoans to complain about the boring nightlife of Charleston. In a part time job is required, a long commute would need to be considered as there aren't many college student friendly businesses in Charleston.

I would tell senior year Lauren that even though people seem to be your best friend now, does not mean they will be in a year or two. Senior year, I lost one of closest friends to rekindle a friendship with my "best friend." The close friend left me due to not liking the other girl and we started to hate each other. At the time, I did not care because I thought my best firend and I would be friends forever. That changed one night, she told me she did not want to be my friend anymore and that I was a horrible person. I was devested. I went and talked to the close friend again and rekindled our friendship and we stayed friends and kept the past in the past. I am glad because just a few days ago, that close friend passed away in a tragic accident. I regret leaving her for my suposed "best friend", but we rekindled our friendship and everything was great when she passed away. Senior year Lauren needs to know though only a handful of high school friends will stay in her life, and they are the people she will least expect.

There is nothing I would change about my knowledge of Eastern before I attended. I did a lot of research on my own. Also, coming to open houses and different activities offered for intrested students, incoming freshman, and current freshmnan help expand my knowledge of the school I was attending .

The worst thing about this school is lower resources compared to other schools in the state. We are one of the cheapest universities. This means that we do not get as many resources because of our cheap rates and low enrollment. If some of the resources, like wifi, salt for the snow, and more technology, would be nice!

emily

EIU is a great school and it feels like my second home.

EIU is a great school and it feels like my second home.

I would tell my high school self to not care so much about what people think of me and to not give into the drama. My time in high school was drama filled and I cared way too much about what people thought of me. I hated my four ears of high school because I was constantly dealing with drama. I would also tell high school self to have a better social life. I was a competative dancer so I didn't have much time to do things other than dance. I regret not having much time to spend with my friends.

I wish I had known that there is nothing fun to do in town

Eastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.