Charleston, IL
Eastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Illinois University

Gretchen

My classmates at Eastern Illinois Univeristy were responsible, hard working and dedicated. We had fun, but worked really hard to become the teachers we are today. We were a very close group of classmates that would help eachother out at any time. My classmates became life - long friends.

Since I graduated EIU, I have taught in the Special Education field for 12 years. I am married with three children of my own and earned my master's degree while raising a young family. My college eduction has allowed me to help others. Everyday I get to touch a life of a young child and help families help their children. I get to enjoy my job everyday! I am currently attending graduate school to earn an endorsement in English Language Learners. This endorsement will certify me to teach children who are learning the english language. This is an area of need within the district that I teach in.

I feel that a person who cannot be responsible for themselves should not attend any college/university. Continuing your education is very expensive and should not be wasted.

When I first started looking into colleges, my mother begged me to stay local. I instead went to Eastern Illinois University, which is 3 hours away from home. I have never regretted my choice. I feel that by going away to school and going into a degree-seeking program right away forced me to grow up and take on more responsibilites than I would have had had I stayed home. I had gained a sense of community through the school, Charleston, and the school where I have taught during my program. Eastern has provided an invaluable experience and I would not change it for the world.

I wish I would have known that it was cheaper to live off-campus than on-campus.

I feel that the worst part about Eastern is the Financial Aid Dept. It is unorganized and does a very poor job at explaining many things.

Janice

From my college experience I was able to obtain strong friendships with people who influenced my life in a positive way. My friends in college opened my mind to diffrent cultures that I wasn't familiar with up until I started school. Many of my friends have diverse backgrounds and they were comfortable with me to answer any question that I had. They also were my support system when I needed help on a project or on an assignment that I was finding difficult. I don't think a lot of the time and effort that I put into my work would have happened without them.

Dylan

I have gained a lot of information during my first year of college. For example the importance to get involved with student activities, so I can meet new people who are also in my field.

Rusty

Coming to a university has been one of the greatest decisions of my life. I moved away from home and lived over twelve hours drive from my home and decided to live with men I had never met before in a new state in the interest of becoming the best I can become. In my time here, I have learned French, Spanish, Arabic, ASL, psychological counseling, theory, and professionalism, how to study different cultures, how to research the human mind and people's beliefs, scriptures of many different faiths, and how to study. Being at college is more than that, though. I have learned to be a friend, give my time to those who need it more than I want it, how to save pennies for my future, how to love time alone and how to meet people who don't. I have learned to change and become something I will look back at and be proud of. Living on my own and studying in a university has taught me how to learn in classrooms and in the world. The friendships I have made with professors and fellow students has made me into a man I can be proud of.

those who should attend this school should be open to new people and new ideas, new cultures and new perspectives, and new beliefs and new stigmas. When people come to our university, they seem to believe that their previous way of life was one that everyone should live. It quickly dawns on them that the world is much more broad and exciting than that. The kind of person who comes here should be looking for the opportuniity to get to know someone who isn't you and will never be just like you. We need people who are willing.

If you drink, do drugs of any kind but medicinal, have an interest in fully emersing yourself in a "freshman experience" should not attend this school. Those who don't want to let their friends and roommates study, date, or sleep, should not attend this school. We have enough to deal with without a roommate who is determined to deter their friends from succeeding. Really, there should be no place for anyone to interfere in a man's quest for knowledge. If you aren't interested in learning, go somewhere else. We don't need people who are leeches.

Kim

I have gotten a since of self assurance from my college experience. I have seen people on campus wabble between small choices like what shoes to wear and large decisions like declaring a major. I have had my plan since high school to become an exotic animal veterinarian. Attending Eastern has been exteremly valuable both financially (since after Eastern I will have another four years of Vet School) and personally. I have been able to handel stresses that would break other people ( like work almost thirty hours a week while being a full time student) souly because I know my educational finish line. And Eastern has helped me significantly to in reaching my goals.

The best thing about my school is the size. I tend to be shy around new people so I was not interested in going away to a huge campus. This, along with price and distance were my main deciding factors.

Caselle

Well, I've learned a lot about life. I've made great friends. The knowledge that I've gain, I will take with me as prepare for my career. I will suceed!! There is nothing that can stop me from suceeding in life. Just because you fail one class does not mean it's the end of the world. Try harder.

Rebecca

My classmate are mostly quite they do not interact much with each other or the teacher. I have been able in every class to find a few people to connect with so that makes the classes more enjoyable. Most students care about drinking and party's more then there grades and homework. In my block classes they want to do very little work for there grade.

I have gotten amazing experiences out of my college time here. I have learned so much about becoming a teacher and what is most important when you are a teacher. That would be that your students are understanding and enoying what you are teaching to them. Everything that my teachers have taught me has had me grow to be a more responsible person. They have given me the tools to become an excilent teacher. I have also meet some wonderful people here that will be joining me on our road to becoming teachers. This is so wonderful I'm able to build connects with future teachers this will allows me to have contacts with others that I can bounce ideas off of for our future class rooms. I love being at eastern and I love the education program here.

I wish that I know all about the education program before I got started here. There are so many dates for paper that have to be turned in to be able to get into the teaching program. That I would have know about all the steps to getting into student teaching that I still have a lack of knowledge in and my advisor isn't helpful in the least.

Bradley

Words cannot begin to describe the quality of education that I have received while attending Eastern Illinois University. I was challeged and taught material above and beyond the scope of the courses that I will use for the rest of my life. I was not taught top memmorize formulas for a test, but applications that will be just as useful 15 weeks from now to 15 years from now.

The Lumpkin College of Busienss and Applied Sciences is one of the best undergraduate schools I have ever experienced - quite literally on par with a "Big" school without the price tag.

Someone who likes smaller class sizes and a small campus where you know several people, but nobody is in your business. You must be driven and want to excel.

Diana

I have been attending Northeastern Junior College for a two in a half years now and plan on graduating this may. I have learned so much by attending college these last couple of years. Not only are the classes that I took awesome but I have also learn how important it is to continue on going to college until desired finished. College is very important now days, neither one of my parents went to college but back then you could pull that off. Not now. Getting ivolved is great I have been president of math and science club, chess club, Ambassador of my school, and president of Ambassador team as well. I have been on the cheer and dance team, in CAB, President of Dowis Hall and desk atendent. By being involved I have learned the importance of interacting with people, not being afraid to step forward and enjoy school and the people around you but also enjoy attending class. I have also learned many leadership skills that I believe will help me in the future. I would say my years put in have payed off and I feel a great accomplishment being able to graduated this May.

Eastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.