Davenport, IA
Eastern Iowa Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Iowa Community College District

Janae

I haven't really looked into many other schools because i don't have the money to afford anything other then my community college. I don't have parents supporting me, I'm trying to find a way to put myself through college. One thing i did really like about Scott Community College is they Got me into classes as soon as i graduated. I graduated the end of September and they had me in for second 8 week classes in Octber.

As William D. Brown says "Failure is an event, never a person." If i where to have gone back to my senior year and told myself what i knew now i would tell myself to slow down, concintrate and to enjoy myself. Not worry about those around me and how they could effect my life but seperate myself from my home life and prepare to better my future. I would have been smarter with money and wouldn't have trusted people who contiuously let me down, even though it was there job to protect me. I was fourtunate enough to find some friends who had been through a similar sittuation when they where my age to help me get through the end of my senior year and teach me some of the life skills i lacked. If I could tell myself what i know no i would be a better person because of it. from a source unknown "To be Old and Wise, You muse first be Young and Stupid."

There are a few different types of people who attend scott community college. These people range from adults to children as young as middle school. right after high school students usually dont know what they want to do for a living or don't have the money to afford going to a 4 year college. The younger students are those who have an intrest or are trying to get ahead of the game and bettering the future. Adults attending a community college are usually trying to go back and get a degree or better the degree they already hold.

Natalie

My school can be described as allowing everyone to have a chance to get their education.

I would tell myself that although it is a community college you are choosing, you still need to stay focus. Homework does count and so does attenedance. You may have glided through highschool but college is a whole different level. I would also say that I need to have faith in myself as a person. Telling myself that after the two year community college ends I would like money to be saved. Commit to certain classes and give one-hundred percent effort. Playing a sport while attending school was never supposed to be easy, but to still work hard. To be someone that people can look up to. To show that I am here for something!

With going to a community college you can choose from so many different majors to explore. Exploring these majors will cost less and still give you the same quality of education. By figuring out your major you can still keep your part-time job and therefore live on your own and exprience what some people say you loose by going to community college, "The college Experirence".

Take

Most of the classmates are there to take notes and leave without socializing with anybody, but there are always couple people in the room that are friendly and can help each other out.

I thought highschool was time to take AP classes and studying really hard for the ACT, and it was. But what I also should of focused was other part of high school that I missed out on like joining a sports team, and participating more in my clubs that I was in. There are so much memorries that I have missed. And only if I would of focused more on my scholarships in my junior and senior year of high school. I wouldn't have to worry about working nearly full time at Bestbuy. Working and going to school full time is not fun. If I focused on other things, i wouldn't had to work and could of concentrated on my school work more. If i had the second chance, I would of enjoyed myself more and involve in something fun and worked on scholarships.

Nobody will go out of their way to help you, but they are willing to help. Find a teacher or another classmate who will be willing to help. The more friends you make, the easier you get information and help. Because if you're not going to help yourself, nobody will.

Tiaira

If i had to describe my classmates in one sentence i would describe them as a huge melting pot that range from young to old, black to white, handicapped to brainiac and everything in between. All eager to learn because education is the one thing that no one can take from you!.

if i could go back to my senior year in high school and talk to myself, the advice i would give myself is to keep looking for scholarships and free grants and money from different sources. i would tell myself to never give up even for a second and even though your pregnant and your due date is around graduation that doesnt mean your should give up even if it is for a semester. Education is one of the one things in life that regardless of what anyone says to you can not be taken from you. you can lose your freedom, your life, your love, and even your ability to walk, talk or any of the above. but education is something that you can cherish for the rest of the life and something that can help build you a future that you can be proud of. During my time at scott community college i learned about thing i never even knew of like the Mensas and how barak obama is a mensa. life can be hard but you cant give up, you have to keep going for you and your beautiful son isaiah!

The best thing about my school is the low cost of tution, the teachers actually want you to succeed, and the councelors are actually there to help and take the time to answer any questions you have to ask. We have just as many resources available to use as other schools of higher learning such as University of Iowa and St. Ambrose university. Not to mention with smaller classes we have a better chance of retaining and learning more information then those who have to share there classes with 500 or more students. that the best thing about my school.

Eastern Iowa Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.