Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

kaitlin

I wish I would have made better grades so I would have recieved more kiis money.

i was unaware I would need to apply for the BFA program as an art student.

After two years of college and about to transfer out of community college, I have learned a lot about myself and life. In high school I was convinced that everyone should go away to school, that community college would not give you the same education or experience you would get going away. However, going to a community college was actually the best choice I ever made. Getting a good education and maybe even a better one that allowed me to stay home, work part-time and get a promotion. My friends have debt that has only half accumulated; I was able to keep my debt minimal before going to a 4-year school. Community college allowed the transition from high school to college easier and more enjoyable. My advice to my high school self would be not to be in such a rush to grow up and leave. That community college is not a bad place to start but the smart place. Sometimes it is better to enjoy life and the possibilities that await you.

Karyn

This school has many unique majors (aviation, fire and safety, ect.) so it attracts a variety of people there. Also, this school has low tuition so there tend to be more down-to-earth people here rather than rich kids who have mommy and daddy pay for school.

Don't be afraid to get involved! Introduce yourself to everybody! I know that you are shy, but you might end up being that person that is the last to meet everybody. You worked really hard in high school and you are very academically ready for college! So, don't worry too much about getting every single page of reading done. Make sure that you are also spending enough time getting to know the people in your dorm and in your classes. On campus, you never quite know who you are going to meet. Furthermore, you are going to meet people very different from you. Don't freak out! Just because someone was not raised in a very conservative household like you does not mean that they are a bad person or a bad friend. So, keep that in mind when you start to get to know people. You might miss out on some good friendships if you judge. Go forth and make some new friends and lots of new memories!

It is a somewhat small community, good if you want to make a lot of close friends. The dorms (espeically the crappy ones) are fun because everybody gets to know everybody and you tend to spend a lot of time hanging out.

Courtney

If i could go back in time and be a high school senior I would prepare myself for college more than i did. I did not expect the diffrence between high school and college. My high school did not prepare the seniors with all the study materials needed throughout college. If i could give myself any advice it would be slow and steady wins the race. If you take your time and work hard great things will come out.

I am not a fan of dorming because i like being to myself in a quiet place at times

I feel as if eastern is for everyone, if you are a shy person you get the chance to explore new things and expeierence a change and if you are outgoing many oppurtunities open for you.

Those teachers weren’t fucking with you when they said, “your gonna fall on your ass in the real world if you don’t get your shit together in High School”. Just so you know 10 years from now your college life isn’t all parties, drinking, and sex. Daddy’s not there anymore providing that warm house, first-class food, and playing role of Mr. ATM. Do you self a big favor and pull your head out of your ass and stay in High School. Trust me you will save yourself from many nights of eating pork and beans from a can while frantically looking for you last bit of change under the couch of your a mold infested death trap that you pay $1.450 a month for. You will soon figure out that it takes way more energy pick yourself up after failing than it did just to try to succeed in school. However, I still think you were completely validated when you called Mr. Kinkikin an “ugly man troll”.

Brooklyn

Eku is best know for their Occupaional Therapy Program.

Eku is best know for their Occupaional Therapy Program.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself while I was a senior in high school I would give myself the option to attend a community school. When I was in high school, a community school sounded to "poor" for me; I didn't think I would get a good education and thought I would just be throwing my money away. I believed an universtiy or college was the "real deal." Now that i am enrolled in a college I see this is really were they take your money; the tutition is extremely too high and it keeps going up every year. Now, as I look back on it, I wish I would have attened a community school.

I wish I had known how competitive it was to get into programs.

Classmates are more like friends.

Classmates are more like friends.

If you are going to party then please do it responsibly. Make sure you get your lazy butt out of bed and go to class. You are paying for this so don't waste it!

The quality of education because I feel as though I have been thoroughly prepared for my future endeavors.

Ceanna

Dear younger Ceanna, In a few years you will be taking a new step to brighter and wider oppurtunities, but don't be scared because these oppurtunities are going to change your life and make you into one strong, wonderful individual. A little advice before you take this next step though, don't think you always have to be perfect. Perfection is not always the best route because as long as your still trying and enjoying life you will be proud. Going into college is stressful and sometimes you just need to take a step back and look at all you have been blessed with and remember there is so much life has to offer. Enjoy college and make new experiences. Remember those that surround you because these are your true friends that will possibly be in your life forever. Love like there is no tommorrow because you may not get this experience again. College is your way of expanding and making your dreams come true so don't be afraid. Make everything count! Love, An older you.

The best thing about Eastern Kentucky is the diversity of people, experiences, and career options. There are people from different states, cultures, countries and all over the world. You are also open to so many activities and oppurtunities.

Anyone, because there is so much diversity you will be comfortable in any situation. There are non traditional students all the way to students from China or Germany to those that Richmond is their home. The univeristy is bigger, but not too big. I have classes with only about 10 other people, but I also have classes with at least 100. Eastern is a beautiful campus with caring, nice, loving people.

Erica

My advise to myself would be to never give up. Stay in school and don't drop out for any reason. Listen to your instructors and ask as many questions as possible. Exhaust every resource possible that would aid you in preparing you for college- soliciting help from counselors, tutors, taking a college tour, talk to other college students and ask questions about thier experience of college life etc. Explore other cultures, languages and try something new-food, hobbie etc. Learn to prioritize, explore various studying techniques and research career options prior to taking needless classes to save yourself money. Gather scholarship information to help offset the cost of a quality education. Think about what you are about to do before you do it because it may put an end to your career before it even starts. Raising a child as a college student is very challenging, so i would advise myself to consider the consequence of sexual activity. If i had it to do over again, I would take my own advise.

Prior to attending EKU i was a student at a local community college. I decided to transfer to EKU because i heard they had the best nursing programs in the state of Kentucky. However, i didn't know how i was going to fit in at EKU as a non-traditional student-thus i became apprehensive. I couldn't recall seeing advertisements of non-traditional students attending EKU so i put off transferring. If i had known how awesome EKU accommodated non-traditional students, i would have applied to EKU so much sooner.

Anyone seeking a high quality education should consider Eastern Ky. University as their university of choice. EKU welcomes people from various ethnic groups and celebrates racial diversity. If you're looking for your niche` in life, you will find it here at EKU.

Billy

Wright down the road easy to get back, and forth nice people.

Wright down the road easy to get back, and forth nice people.

Diffent in diversity, and better to deal with it then other college.

Knowing is half the battle If I could go back in time, and speak with the high school senior version of myself, I would say try to keep my parents from moving from place to place so I could stay in one school. Moving from school to school did not set me up for success it gave me a handicap. I would tell myself about Scholarships that they are a great source of money to pay for college in great detail. I would remind myself that learning, and getting better grades is the key to success. I would also tell myself to pay more attention to in my weak subjects which are Math, and English. I would tell myself to work a lot harder with those challenging subjects so that the fear that I currently had of taking those subject would have disappeared once I started college. High school was not fun I could have graduated with a higher GPA if I had focus on my books, and less on moving, from school to school, and working to helping with finances. Who said it better was United Negro College Fund a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.