Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Kristian

I would tell myself to first of all, drop the Rock n' Roll, ripped jeans and heavy metal look because it just makes me look like a bum. I would also tell myself to not worry about what all the other kids thought about me because it doesn't matter; most of those people who made fun of you are going to end up not being as promising or as successful as you are now. When you get to college you are going to create many friends and connections that will possibly brighten your future; just remember that there is every kind of person out there so try to make good with everybody. You are going to feel like you've been sent to summer camp for the first month but you will get homesick, so please call Mom every now and then to talk to her; trust me it will make your transition to college a little easier. Also, spend your money wisely and save it when you can because when you're on your own, your on your own. As for the ladies, I'm still trying to figure that puzzle out, so just keep being yourself Kristian.

If you hate a beautiful campus that is big but also a small town feel then EKU is not for you. If you are narrow minded about anything in the social world then you might feel a little uncomfortable here.

It is a great school with many people to get along with. I love the sports, campus life, and the education that I'm recieving here at Eastern and would never change my mind about choosing this place.

Anthony

Not the most educated group of people.

Not the most educated group of people.

I would tell myself to do exactly what I did and turn down the scholarships that were offered to me and continue to join the United States Army and serve my country. I would also instruct myself to take more advantage of college during my six years in the Army.

Anyone looking for an Ivy League experience.

Melissa

If I could go back, I would tell myself to take some time off before I started school. Taking time off to work, question myself and allowing the world to open my eyes has strengthened my pursuits in my passion. When I first started college, I was a Marine Biology major. Many of the related experiences formed and shaped me as a person. From holding seastars for visitors at a science center to training as a euthanasia technician, I went through a huge personal growth. None of these experiences were obtained from going to school. I did not have the drive and failed my science classes. After taking a year off, I discovered that I did not actualy want to be a veterinarian and that there was another route to my dream job. Within my first semester back, a charcoal peice I did was in a student show. After three years back, I am now more excited and driven then ever before for my studies. I am refreshed in my outlook and have have seen my life without higher education... And quite frankly, I was "scared straight". Noone wants to clean toilets for the rest of their life.

trang

I am a high school senior from class of 2006. I am proud of my studying now. I worked hard to go into college. However, college environment is new, big, and complex environment. I will meet many changes, new challenges. I need to find, learn new skills to adapt to this environment. I will learn all skills in school as well as out of society. I will not be afraid of the difficulties. Although I am in any circumstances, I will try to finish my tasks well. Because I have only one wish that I can perfect myself through the life.

kaitlin

I wish I would have made better grades so I would have recieved more kiis money.

i was unaware I would need to apply for the BFA program as an art student.

After two years of college and about to transfer out of community college, I have learned a lot about myself and life. In high school I was convinced that everyone should go away to school, that community college would not give you the same education or experience you would get going away. However, going to a community college was actually the best choice I ever made. Getting a good education and maybe even a better one that allowed me to stay home, work part-time and get a promotion. My friends have debt that has only half accumulated; I was able to keep my debt minimal before going to a 4-year school. Community college allowed the transition from high school to college easier and more enjoyable. My advice to my high school self would be not to be in such a rush to grow up and leave. That community college is not a bad place to start but the smart place. Sometimes it is better to enjoy life and the possibilities that await you.

Karyn

This school has many unique majors (aviation, fire and safety, ect.) so it attracts a variety of people there. Also, this school has low tuition so there tend to be more down-to-earth people here rather than rich kids who have mommy and daddy pay for school.

Don't be afraid to get involved! Introduce yourself to everybody! I know that you are shy, but you might end up being that person that is the last to meet everybody. You worked really hard in high school and you are very academically ready for college! So, don't worry too much about getting every single page of reading done. Make sure that you are also spending enough time getting to know the people in your dorm and in your classes. On campus, you never quite know who you are going to meet. Furthermore, you are going to meet people very different from you. Don't freak out! Just because someone was not raised in a very conservative household like you does not mean that they are a bad person or a bad friend. So, keep that in mind when you start to get to know people. You might miss out on some good friendships if you judge. Go forth and make some new friends and lots of new memories!

It is a somewhat small community, good if you want to make a lot of close friends. The dorms (espeically the crappy ones) are fun because everybody gets to know everybody and you tend to spend a lot of time hanging out.

Courtney

If i could go back in time and be a high school senior I would prepare myself for college more than i did. I did not expect the diffrence between high school and college. My high school did not prepare the seniors with all the study materials needed throughout college. If i could give myself any advice it would be slow and steady wins the race. If you take your time and work hard great things will come out.

I am not a fan of dorming because i like being to myself in a quiet place at times

I feel as if eastern is for everyone, if you are a shy person you get the chance to explore new things and expeierence a change and if you are outgoing many oppurtunities open for you.

Those teachers weren’t fucking with you when they said, “your gonna fall on your ass in the real world if you don’t get your shit together in High School”. Just so you know 10 years from now your college life isn’t all parties, drinking, and sex. Daddy’s not there anymore providing that warm house, first-class food, and playing role of Mr. ATM. Do you self a big favor and pull your head out of your ass and stay in High School. Trust me you will save yourself from many nights of eating pork and beans from a can while frantically looking for you last bit of change under the couch of your a mold infested death trap that you pay $1.450 a month for. You will soon figure out that it takes way more energy pick yourself up after failing than it did just to try to succeed in school. However, I still think you were completely validated when you called Mr. Kinkikin an “ugly man troll”.

Brooklyn

Eku is best know for their Occupaional Therapy Program.

Eku is best know for their Occupaional Therapy Program.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself while I was a senior in high school I would give myself the option to attend a community school. When I was in high school, a community school sounded to "poor" for me; I didn't think I would get a good education and thought I would just be throwing my money away. I believed an universtiy or college was the "real deal." Now that i am enrolled in a college I see this is really were they take your money; the tutition is extremely too high and it keeps going up every year. Now, as I look back on it, I wish I would have attened a community school.

I wish I had known how competitive it was to get into programs.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.