Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Classmates are more like friends.

Classmates are more like friends.

If you are going to party then please do it responsibly. Make sure you get your lazy butt out of bed and go to class. You are paying for this so don't waste it!

The quality of education because I feel as though I have been thoroughly prepared for my future endeavors.

Ceanna

Dear younger Ceanna, In a few years you will be taking a new step to brighter and wider oppurtunities, but don't be scared because these oppurtunities are going to change your life and make you into one strong, wonderful individual. A little advice before you take this next step though, don't think you always have to be perfect. Perfection is not always the best route because as long as your still trying and enjoying life you will be proud. Going into college is stressful and sometimes you just need to take a step back and look at all you have been blessed with and remember there is so much life has to offer. Enjoy college and make new experiences. Remember those that surround you because these are your true friends that will possibly be in your life forever. Love like there is no tommorrow because you may not get this experience again. College is your way of expanding and making your dreams come true so don't be afraid. Make everything count! Love, An older you.

The best thing about Eastern Kentucky is the diversity of people, experiences, and career options. There are people from different states, cultures, countries and all over the world. You are also open to so many activities and oppurtunities.

Anyone, because there is so much diversity you will be comfortable in any situation. There are non traditional students all the way to students from China or Germany to those that Richmond is their home. The univeristy is bigger, but not too big. I have classes with only about 10 other people, but I also have classes with at least 100. Eastern is a beautiful campus with caring, nice, loving people.

Erica

My advise to myself would be to never give up. Stay in school and don't drop out for any reason. Listen to your instructors and ask as many questions as possible. Exhaust every resource possible that would aid you in preparing you for college- soliciting help from counselors, tutors, taking a college tour, talk to other college students and ask questions about thier experience of college life etc. Explore other cultures, languages and try something new-food, hobbie etc. Learn to prioritize, explore various studying techniques and research career options prior to taking needless classes to save yourself money. Gather scholarship information to help offset the cost of a quality education. Think about what you are about to do before you do it because it may put an end to your career before it even starts. Raising a child as a college student is very challenging, so i would advise myself to consider the consequence of sexual activity. If i had it to do over again, I would take my own advise.

Prior to attending EKU i was a student at a local community college. I decided to transfer to EKU because i heard they had the best nursing programs in the state of Kentucky. However, i didn't know how i was going to fit in at EKU as a non-traditional student-thus i became apprehensive. I couldn't recall seeing advertisements of non-traditional students attending EKU so i put off transferring. If i had known how awesome EKU accommodated non-traditional students, i would have applied to EKU so much sooner.

Anyone seeking a high quality education should consider Eastern Ky. University as their university of choice. EKU welcomes people from various ethnic groups and celebrates racial diversity. If you're looking for your niche` in life, you will find it here at EKU.

Billy

Wright down the road easy to get back, and forth nice people.

Wright down the road easy to get back, and forth nice people.

Diffent in diversity, and better to deal with it then other college.

Knowing is half the battle If I could go back in time, and speak with the high school senior version of myself, I would say try to keep my parents from moving from place to place so I could stay in one school. Moving from school to school did not set me up for success it gave me a handicap. I would tell myself about Scholarships that they are a great source of money to pay for college in great detail. I would remind myself that learning, and getting better grades is the key to success. I would also tell myself to pay more attention to in my weak subjects which are Math, and English. I would tell myself to work a lot harder with those challenging subjects so that the fear that I currently had of taking those subject would have disappeared once I started college. High school was not fun I could have graduated with a higher GPA if I had focus on my books, and less on moving, from school to school, and working to helping with finances. Who said it better was United Negro College Fund a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Tiffany

Relax yet enjoyable environment with good amount resources, students, and classes.

The decision at the end of junior year switching schools to go to Middle Collage was a great idea. The experience that takes place the last year will help more than anything. While attending those four collage classes throughout the last year, taking the two electives have helped getting a minor that will still allow graduating in the four years like plan. Taking the other two classes in your major you want was a great choice. Psychology collage class was a great help, with it being hard it will cause you to go ask for help from the professor. When he finds out in the end of the semester that the whole time that you and a few of your classes mates where high school seniors, he will tell you how proud he is that we were smart enough to reach out. All the knowledge learned there make notes, because when switching to another collage is going to be a smooth ride. Thanks to the wonderful staff at the students you work with will make your first year alone in a new collage an easy one.

There is little of everything for all types of people to get involved in school.

If I could go back to myself in high-school I would have a lot of advice to give myself. Starting with dorm life, I would say to be patient with others and not be in my room all the time, to get out and make friends. Staying in the same room with the same people you get "cabin-fever" which leads to disagreements and stress. You live with these people, you have to set rules to help reduce mis-communications. Regarding school work I would tell myself to stay organized. Lack of organization is the reason keeping up with school work seemed difficult. Keeping my assignments written down would have made it easier to remember when things are due and to not get behind in class. The biggest thing I would stress would be money. I would give advice about budgeting and saving money. On top of all the school stress, dealing with financial stress leads to lack of focus on school work, and can destroy a student. I believe high school students aren't fully prepared for college until they spend atleast one semester there. They realize they have a lot of responsibility that they have to control.

The kind of person that should attend EKU needs to be serious about the education, preparing themselves for the future, and they need to be mentally prepared for the college experience. If you are serious about your education you have the desire to make good grades. Maintaining good grades in college is very important. When you apply for jobs they look at your grades from college to see how serious you are about the field. In college you have a lot more responsibilities, and you need to be mentally stable to keep organized. This kind of person should attend EKU.

The person that shouldn't attend EKU is someone who can't handle responsibility, who just wants to have fun, and someone who isn't concerned about their future. College is about responsibility, you have a lot to handle at one time and organization is needed. If all you want is to be on your own and have fun you don't have the responisble mentality needed for college and will not be successful. If you are not concered about your future then don't waste your time and money in school. This kind of person shouldn't attend EKU.

Caitlin

I would give the high school seniors of today advice on how expensive it is to go to college today and to try and apply for as many scholarships as you can as well as save as much money as you can. It turn you are geting a great education, but it comes with a price. Make sure that you are well-prepapred.

Patrick

My school is best known for ? Not cancelling classses at all for a whole year with crazy winter stroms and black out we still some how have classes and it's unfair but hey that's what you pay for.

The advice that i would give myself would be ? Keep your studying habits updated and never wait to the last minute to do homework also don't change who you are too fit in. Next i would tell myself to work alot of hours to make some money over the summer to avoid calling parents and begging them for money . Finally always keep your faith you can do anything in this world that you want to long as you put your mind to it dreams really do come true.

I wish i had known about people always going home on the weekend and it leaves the people on campus that not old enought to participate in adult activities with nothing to do . Next , this campus is all about greek life or in other words fraternities and sororities and they exclude people of different races from parties or other social event and that dosen't allow people to meet and greet other people.

Becky

I have learned so much in college just in my first semester and half. I am taking medical adminstration and I learned so much in Anatomy class. It is so interesting to me. I hope the rest of my semester go as well as the first two. I have a 3.7 gpa so this should show how well I am doing.

Stori

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have had to deal with a lot of things that I never thought I would have to deal with and it has been a very valuable learning experience, not only about college, but about myself. I have learned more about myself as a person as well as my studies. I have made some amazing new friends, even some from diffrent countries and diffrent religions. I have learned to better accept people for who they are and not be so judgemental. I believe this will be valuable in the future and in my career. You never know who you are going to have to work with. With such a diverse community, you learn to be accepting and willing to learn new things from some people you would have not thought about before.

Someone who is looking for a caring staff and a good education. Most of our proffessors care about the students academic success and personal development. We have a wide variety of groups and organizations and our campus is very diverse.

The only really frustrating thing about my school is some of the people, especially on "Thirtsy Thursdays". It isn't to awfully bad but I have had my feel of drunk people experiences and I don't drink so it gets aggervating seeing some people drunk. Other than that I dont think anything is really too frustrating. I realize though that there is going to be drinking at most every school no matter.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.